[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vella Armor

VessimerVessimer
Vindictus Rep: 420
in Vella
Looking for some Ideas on gear at 80 because the box gives meh stuff. leaning to the pirate set glass cannon!

What gear are you guys using?
  1. What builds do you guys use?15 votes
    1. Lots of armor to save your self if you get hit?
       33% (5 votes)
    2. Light armor glass cannon to max dps?
       53% (8 votes)
    3. What ever gear I got from the box!
       13% (2 votes)

Comments

• ZensZens
    Vindictus Rep: 10,795
    gotta have dat Enthu for Fast ES Speed +love
    FoxyNymphHinataChaaaanRikaaaaaaSilentBeautyYuriSakiSan
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited October 26, 2016
    I'd say don't even bother getting 80 gear. It costs more to craft than a purple 90 set would and would be a waste of good scrolls like well balanced, enthusiastic and master.

But you don't need to focus on defense for this character. As you get used to her you'll find you wont get hit very often since you can take advantage of most bosses attacks, turning any damage you might take into your greatest offence.
  • TracieTracie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,090
    ^^ agree, 90 gear supa cheap and now u can upgrade to orange as u do ur seals. Imma vella, its what I'd have done (past tense cuz I got my oj gears the hard way)
  • JustFrameJustFrame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,005
    I know this may not be the best place for it. However how does one upgrade say a purple lvl 90 gear to orange? I have 2 lvl 90 sets however they're only purple. I've been away from this game for quite sometime so I'm completely clueless on this.
  • CreamCream
    Vindictus Rep: 1,655
    edited October 26, 2016
    @Vessimer

I am a Vella CB and I can run S3 easy with 60 level armor (lightwind). What I am trying to say is that as you mentioned, yes, you can save lots of gold by improving your self but still is good to have the top gear, since some raiding parties will require you to have this. Also if you are not in your game any given day is good to be protected.

There are so many builds for every character that is difficult to choose right away. I will say that you have your typical all speed, balanced and well protected sets of armor to choose. My recommendation is go balanced until you feel you have good control of your character then make a choice. In addition, this choice is weapon dependent because if you are to be using TS the probability of getting hit is greater than CB. There is so much to take into consideration but those are the basics I can tell you now.

I wish you best of luck on your choice and if you need more help feel free to PM me or find me in game (east server).

Edit: I chose first option on pole ;)

Have a nice day!
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    80 armor is not glass canon, even with defense lowering enchants. It gets worse with 90 light/cloth armor, which is why they said "**** balancing" and just made similar scrolls for heavy/plate.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Lv. 80 armor is still relevant. If you're going to go for Lvl. 90 armor, I'd recommend using Light/Cloth armor. You could then enchant the gear w/ Well-Balanced/Force and Master on Chest primarily because r9 scrolls are inexpensive compared to r7 scrolls.
  • VessimerVessimer
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    edited October 27, 2016
    Im in 80 pirate and champ leather sets right now (for the well-ballenced/enthu)
    useing the TS from the event untill i get 90 or herimon
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    If you are running lvl 60+ double enchanted armor then prepare to lose money every run on repair costs.
    There is no need to differentiate light armor from high defense ratings anymore. Not after S3 stuff. 10k+ def and crit/bal cap is not inconceivable and easier to get than a +14 lvl 90 weapon.