[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Stupid nexon with unjust bans

BeccadmgirlBeccadmgirl
Vindictus Rep: 220
edited March 27, 2018 in Account Support
Long time player, started during the days prior to S2. Recently came back to check out Delia and Miri and had fun while it lasted.

Yesterday I was checking out a steam indie game's content using cheat engine, and forgot I still had the software opened after I was done. Few hours later I started vindictus completely forgotten about the software operation. After browsing market place and decomposing some S2 loot I was forced logout due to detection of 3rd party software. I realized the software was running and then immediately tabbed out and closed the program, by then it was too late.

I tried appealing for this ban multiple times now, with nexon gm providing the following as a "final verdict " as it seems:
Upon checking and re-investigating your concern, I am saddened to inform you that your account will remain permanently banned since our records indicate this account was involved in a serious violation of our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct. All subject accounts placed under investigation went multiple reviews and considerations before arriving at the conclusion. The sanction for the account will stand and irrevocable

Checking the ToS and CoC, I see clauses against data mining and cheating on Vindictus which I agree, but are there anything against having a software just idle and harmless in the background? LIKE WTF NEXON? Please find me the clause that prohibits 3rd party software running on the same machine as one installed with Vindictus? Do you think, if I were to want to hack your profram I would use something so plain as Cheat engine?

I cant believe I am saying this, but I miss the old Hackshield. At least that thing detects these software and instantly crash the.game until that thing is fixed.
Rezileiwu1991

Comments

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Unless you want a Big Brother Nexon app running on your PC observing all your actions?

it kinda boils down to vetting people who can cheat in one game , will most likely cheat in their game.

Good luck on getting unbanned.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Sad to say, but that's just how this anti-hack is. And you're right, the old method was better.
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    "Upon checking and re-investigating your concern, I am saddened to inform you that your account will remain permanently banned since our records indicate this account was involved in a serious violation of our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct."

Wait is it a ToU Violation or a CoC Violation? why does the official response sound so unsure?
  • AaronYenAaronYen
    Vindictus Rep: 440
    Nexon
    hmmm
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    it kinda boils down to vetting people who can cheat in one game , will most likely cheat in their game.

^ This right here