[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Anyone else having GPU spikes since Miri?

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
edited March 25, 2018 in Tech Support
For whatever reason sometimes when I start the game it will spike to 100% GPU use and begin lagging. I'm guessing it has to do with something being initialized by all the effects going on with the new start screen, but it doesn't happen every time. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, but it wasn't going on until the new splash screen with Miri and all the flames going crazy, and at time it won't disappear even once I'm in the game.

I know this game doesn't utilize the GPU efficiently at all, so I'm guessing they either rendered something very, very poorly or they wrote some bad calls that are cranking it up.

Comments

• SculpSculp
    Vindictus Rep: 8,725
    For whatever reason sometimes when I start the game it will spike to 100% GPU use and begin lagging. I'm guessing it has to do with something being initialized by all the effects going on with the new start screen, but it doesn't happen every time. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, but it wasn't going on until the new splash screen with Miri and all the flames going crazy, and at time it won't disappear even once I'm in the game.

I know this game doesn't utilize the GPU efficiently at all, so I'm guessing they either rendered something very, very poorly or they wrote some bad calls that are cranking it up.

I had this issue, fixed it by going fullscreen.
    Tabbed
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @Sculp already running fullscreen. It's very strange because again, it's not an all the time thing and it only ever happens when first launching the game.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I know on my older computers whatever they are using for the muri graphics is really eating away at the CPU/GPU. I will get a lot more delay when selecting what server than I did before. But once it jumps to the character selection/PIN selection screen things get better. It likely is something related to the flame effects or something else that they are drawing off screen...