[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

My thoughts on leveling my Miri to lvl95

PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
Vindictus Rep: 1,270
in General Discussion
Last time I started a level 1 char was when Delia release, and Vindi was different then.
I like the changes in the Perilous Ruins and S2 map.
Also more cutscenes are always welcome.

Too bad they never fixed the terrible Keaghan voice acting.

I don't understand the real reason DevCat nerfed S1&S2 boss (a lot!).
Since I could solo all maps in S1&S2 without help, I have no complains.

My Miri combat pattern is tedious, just FlameBreath all time.
Boss fight is like: Get SP (Maybe with Dark Knight) --> DragonKnight --> (Summon Dragon -->) FlameBreath combo /(HP potions)--> Win

Leveling up in Rocheste is still painful because low exp gained.

Once entering S2 Twilight Desert area, leveling up is much easier with high exp.
Cheap level 80 and level 90 equipment are available on market place.

With 2x exp event + 150% exp boost item + VIP, I can get 9.3mil exp in a single Misty Summit/Annwyn raids.
Even without these boost, I was planing to level up to lvl95 with S2 raids anyway.
I wasn't so lucky to find someone to carry me in Abyssal Arena, otherwise that's probably 70mil exp in one run over this weekend with my boost.

The game is designed for everyone being able to reach max level in S2 so they can get equipped for S3.
DevCat makes the game more friendly to beginners, so I hope seeing more people playing.
BabyDani

Comments

• HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    I did main plot only. If a side story got completed by accident in the process, I took it. I did not bother going out of my way to do any side story. Reached lvl 95 on miri at completion of autumn reed bed in story. 11 hours spent total on the character.

I did not buy anything from the market, everything is just random equipment drops as is; except for the ivory dragonspine that I enhanced to +8 and used from lvl 58 to 90. Used the free weapon after 90.

Since I only did main plot, I was given bonus TP to have trans for practically every battle with a relevant boss. With trans, reckless charge a boss, then spin around a few times for a free win on S1 bosses. For S2 non-raid bosses, turn off trans when you reach the boss, use mini trans, spin till the boss drops. 0 pots, 1 grace used the entire time, the grace from... dying from fall damage in a misty map.

Overall, the difficulty of s1 and s2 appeared to have drastically decreased due to far superior equipment being given out for free, as well as account shared title stats. If you are to actually use the same old equipment you got in old days, as well as on a no title account; you still could have the old difficulty level for the most part.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    The game is actually worse for beginners, because they'll get to endgame having absolutely no clue how the game works.