[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise Drop Rates

MaryJaneMaryJane
Vindictus Rep: 940
edited December 16, 2017 in General Discussion
First, I'd like to point out that I don't need any of you to resort to your default tactics in reminding me how the game works or "how it's always been".. cuz chances are I've been around much longer than you have so actually I don't need a reminder, but thanks!

Is it just me or did they lower the already **** drop rates from pre-Rise? I'm obviously referring to S3 drop rates btw.

I haven't gotten an ES worth more than 5mil in LITERALLY months.. MONTHS.. and I raid basically all the time on multiple chars with VIP.. soooo..

After hundreds of Dullahan raids and Special Battles and not a single orange weapon essence? Really?

After hundreds of Donegal runs only a single orange smooth chunk? Really?

I guess the only people who would actually defend these garbage rates would be the wallet warriors since clearly the only effective ways of obtaining gold now is through gachas.

Why am I still playing this game again? Cuz I literally forgot
  1. Do you feel like S3 drop rates are way too low?52 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (39 votes)
    2. No
       25% (13 votes)

Comments

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited December 16, 2017
    It's all fun with the new 'feature' Rise brought that annihilated purple's drop rates too
  • ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    edited December 16, 2017
    I've ran over 400 dullahan runs, I've gotten my fair share of oj drops, but still never got the weapon ess, I have only seen other people get the weapon essence (rare). :(
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    It's hard to tell...

On the very first day the Donegal maps were open I've got two orange chunks, and since then it's hard to get even purple chunks.
    Often I get not even one purple chunk after running 20+ Donegal dungeons.

I, too, have never obtained an orange weapon essence in Dullahan (I've also run it probably well over 400 times, too), but I've seen one person getting one and saying that it was his/her second one that week.

Often I go weeks without getting a single ES drop in raids, and then get a bunch of them all at once (like yesterday I got a Righteous, a Judgment, a Temporal, and I think another ES I can't remember).

Then also I've seen a post made by a player in KR server crying about not getting anything in raids for literally over one year (and I thought my luck was bad).

So based on my experience I don't think we'd be able to make any conclusion about the drop rate changes unless we had a really big sample population (which we don't, I don't think).
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    One thing that I love about Warframe is that they publish.both the drop rates and locations got almost all items in the game. There's no way to tell if they're altered or if account values feed into it. Drop rates don't seem great, but my luck hasn't been nearly as bad as what some of you have mentioned, and I've just really returned to the game.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited December 16, 2017
    Actually since the new campfire, I've got more drops than I ever have before. I legit got nothing except I think a Dulla Essence before the update. A Week and some change after the update I've got a total of 6 orange drops including a weapon ess. I've also received more mysterious bottles(Level 80) than ever before post update. Just my experience thus far is that it is a lot better. Maybe RNGesus is smiling on me for the holiday season.
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited December 16, 2017
    Yes, I can vouch for the drop rates being nerfed.

They were nerfed when the Ultimate Objective event started. Prior to that event starting I was busy raiding 10-12 runs per day. Almost every day I would get a scroll. Now I have not seen a scroll/OJ in a while. There seems to be a trend that when there is an event that will lead to increased clears (or drops) they nerf the rates (e.g. +2 raids).

Additionally I think changes to the game adding more cores has led to permanent drop-rate nerfs. For example when they introduced QB with +1 core, Rise with +1 pet core, and most recently the new campfire core. Ideally you need to run with VIP, luck >100, pet core, with QB 4 pty bonus, and campfire core (for valuable drop raids like dullahan) all the time.

I was hopeful they would buff the donegal drop rate with Miri update but that doesn't look like it happened. Sucks but hopefully the next update which will remove the Ultimate Objective event will buff the drop rate.

Still there is ways to make money and not always in the standard ways (raiding, chunk farming). The current crafting event netted me a decent amount of money selling mats. Could farm mat maps.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited December 16, 2017
    Scroll drop rates seem a lot lower than I ever remembered, but I see oranges dropping every which way. I think in the 1-2 months since I've actually returned to the game I've only seen like 4 scroll drops in S3 raids, but I've seen at least 50 oranges.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I would normally agree, but oddly the last week I have seen a ton of luck. I think I ran ~50 S3 raids, managed 5 good (read 20m each) scrolls. Today a friend got an orange Dul feet feather, I got an orange Dul weapon the next run and in another boat someone else managed an orange dul weapon when I ran it on my fifi. And I know this past week I got 2 orange dul pants feathers.

For now I am assuming rng is being rng. But maybe they did a ninja tweak on drop rates?
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Confirmation bias is strong in this thread.
    NitroLux
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited December 17, 2017
    you can't make such statement just because "i didn get no weapon ess or scroll in a while"

That happened to me even before rise/ult obj/extra core buffs.No scroll or valuable thing for like 2 weeks straight with nonstop raids
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Confirmation bias is strong in this thread.

Confirming your confirmation bias theory.
  • ElyrElyr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,430
    Rise actually increased the rates by quite a lot. The only ones that have been lowered (and that you can see) are for Dulla mats. First weeks everyone and their grandmothers would get almost a rare per run, now I can go several days without seeing anyone in my boats getting anything from that.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    One for sure what needs drop rate increase are Donegal oranges, aka Legendary Chunks. But I think KR already did it and we should have it soon.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    RNG is RNG. simple.

The way I see drops is I put all the possible pieces into a pool from that monster.

Most of the time, you receive nothing but junk anyway, which makes achieving end game a lot harder than it needs to be.

You get magic powder, blessed magic powder, life ergs, heavenly leather, godly cloth, or paradise enhancement stone, along with waking stones (6 types, C rank) from dead bodies in S3 dungeons, including bosses. This is known as the "junk" loot table.

Muir can drop godly iron ore, and fine armor repair kits.

Scrolls (rank 7/6) are exclusive to certain raid bosses in S3. Refer to the drop table found in the battle quest tab.

blue grade shards and chunks are completely removed. you can only get purple and oranges now.

Oranges only yield 25 inherit/sealed frags now when dismantled. They dropped 100 previously. An exception is Dullahan Shield/Giant Shield essences, which drops one of the pages needed for the book of legacy when dismantled. This takes composite upgrading 4x as long as you need 80 inherit/sealed to upgrade Crit, speed, or balance. 2,000 x 80 purple dismantles = 160,000 gold lost along with the possible profit you can gain when sold to the market instead.

Lums now give x2 of random items except for shiny lums (which only drops element stone materials or paradise orb) when you have max gathering proficiency.
    Any of the following can appear: Orb, Paradise Orb, Salt Flower, Star Fruit. Note: the paradise orb seed effect can proc with the x2 paradise orb drop, totaling to 3 or 4 paradise orbs per tree.

Raids:

Junk: Regina Head Piece, Braha Nail, Glas chain, Lugh armor fragment, Abom saliva, Eochaid tooth, Dullahan broken sword fragment.

purple/orange: Weapon, shield, giant shield, hand, feet, armor, leg, helm.

Orange accessory primes: eochaid essence (inno cry/tear, abom essence (grim/woeful belt), dullahan essence (1st cold ring Str/int), page of legacy (book of legacy).

Scroll drops dependent on boss.

Donegal bosses Drop certain legendary chunks for dullahan weapon, which makes farming bosses similar in fashion to berbhe. Manus in Donegal can drop all 6 types of legendary chunks. However, these bosses also follow the S3 core "junk" table as well.

The issue: too many junk mats are flowing in the market and there are not enough rares/scrolls to compensate for the stockpile of these materials.

You only need about 2-3 blessed magic elixirs per scroll attempt (in case of overflow).

Mats are overflowing the market and not enough oranges are dropping to compensate (assuming they are useful in the first place), which leads to their price tanking. Adding to the dismantling nerf that skyrockets the inherit/sealed shard market prices through the roof. You need 4 orange shards to make 100 inherit fragments (this costs 200 seals of bravery). Each crit, speed, or balance upgrade requires 80 inherits, which is 3.2 orange shards on top of the 3 million gold fee, and assuming we're going to go the marketplace route, would cost you around 8-12 million per upgrade. Purples are sometimes better off sold to the market instead of being dismantled as you can earn money instead of paying 2,000 for one inherit/sealed fragment.

Eventually, we'll run into a total economic collapse due to the overflow of these materials and them having no use since almost no rares or scrolls are dropping. Without scrolls or rares, the material grade items are completely useless. Take note of the constant price drops for blessed magic elixirs.

Pros: gold rewards are actually decent in raiding, assuming you go for the bonus missions. Some raids when all the bonus missions are completed yield over 200,000 gold. The same case applies for some dungeon runs like Deep Corruption (still viable for level 95 players), although they will yield less due to a faster run ranging from 35-93,000 gold.

Cons: it requires active grinding to generate gold through this route, for casual play, earning income is almost impossible unless they obtain that miracle orange grade item.

Additional notes: when you summon a pet that has the capability of looting cores, you sometimes get extra cores when you finish the boss off (colored red). Put the pet away until you notice the boss going down on the last bar, and then summon it. This will cut down on feeding requirements for pets and being able to be summoned more often within the daily time limit. Note the timer only goes down while they are summoned.
    ReziYoppi
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Oj drops are being kinda weird, I get some thing rare each week but i am raiding over 30 battles a day with Vio, luck and pet and camp.
    But one thing that pisses me off is that i have been getting drops from Dullahan but i gotten over 7 OJ head drops and only one weapon drop. Also purple doggo hasn't drop anything for a month now in all the raids i been in.
  • MyrieMyrie
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Drop rates werent nerfed.
    They never were.

What you guys witness is the classic form of CONTENT GATING.
    Quote below is a perfect example of this form of calculated player progression.

Basically: vindictus has a dynamic loot system where the %dropchance of lets say dullahan weapon mat arent fixed, because they are locked behind a total amount of items dropped per hour/day/week/whatever.
    Certain items can even have a really high droprate of 50 or 100%, HOWEVER, once a certain amount is dropped, dropate changes to ZERO!

So if some manager decided, only 100 dullahan weapons can drop per month, and only 50 player can do that raid, they will see a fantastic droprate. If an event happens, and there 1500 people doing that raid... yeah ppl will notice a MASSIVE droprate decrease, although the total amount has stayed the same !

How highs the rate? No one knows, no one in fact can ever know, unless we gain access to source code and current player varibles, because those values can change pretty fast...

What to do? Think outside of the box... Do other stuff, raid at different times, in short, have fun else where. Its not possible to force your way through usually....

LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Yes, I can vouch for the drop rates being nerfed.

They were nerfed when the Ultimate Objective event started. Prior to that event starting I was busy raiding 10-12 runs per day. Almost every day I would get a scroll. Now I have not seen a scroll/OJ in a while. There seems to be a trend that when there is an event that will lead to increased clears (or drops) they nerf the rates (e.g. +2 raids).