[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Your thoughts on miri gameplay?

hibuddyhibuddy
Vindictus Rep: 400
edited December 7, 2017 in Miri
Only level 87 right now, but so far I feel like she needs better ways to spend sp. Blazing spine's speed is complete ass, at least with the default attack speed, other than than that, I find myself often at full sp only doing the basic attack-smash-fiery chainswing combos.

Side note: Is there any good way to cancel out of fiery chainswings other than dodge/ tab-dodge?

Comments

• CallMeMrBCallMeMrB
    Vindictus Rep: 660
    edited December 7, 2017
    Right now I have 71 lvl well I can say something about Miri. My advice: Skill Slice and Dice it's good if you have too much sp (cost 500 sp) . Don't be a greedy when you attack. Before dragon trans Tab it's your last rescue after trans you can (or should/must) go crazy and attack more aggressive. Try to didn't use shift if it's not necessary, parry it's your main source of protection. This is what I see right now. :)
  • Xhominid the CrazedXhominid the Crazed
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    hibuddy wrote: »
    Only level 87 right now, but so far I feel like she needs better ways to spend sp. Blazing spine's speed is complete ass, at least with the default attack speed, other than than that, I find myself often at full sp only doing the basic attack-smash-fiery chainswing combos.

Side note: Is there any good way to cancel out of fiery chainswings other than dodge/ tab-dodge?

Funny enough, you can Tab out of Blazing Spine if you feel you are about to be attacked...

But if anything, Miri's entire kit surprisingly gives her alot of complexity. Miri works like Karok but her rewards come off as Vella in terms of cashing in but also has the risk of Lynn.

You mainly want to have around max or near max Wyvern Stacks to do max damage which also means you will be using Miri's Extra Smashes. But you can also use Tab to Super Cancel out of almost everything Miri does and you have to pay attention to the Dragon Gauge.

Miri is actually a very interesting character because she's a character that you either force to commit with or not(especially since her Hydra buff regains Stamina for each Stamina Parry you do...but goes away if you dodge at any point... which helps with the extra smashes).
  • CallMeMrBCallMeMrB
    edited December 8, 2017
    But if anything, Miri's entire kit surprisingly gives her alot of complexity. Miri works like Karok but her rewards come off as Vella in terms of cashing in but also has the risk of Lynn.

True bro.
  • RavenWestRavenWest
    Vindictus Rep: 795
    Still leveling my Miri as well. At the moment her attack speed seem to be lacking(hopefully that changes at higher level weapons). Would it be best to go for Cat Statues for her Ancestral Grab or Paw to help with her attack speed?
  • CallMeMrBCallMeMrB
    Personaly i will choose Cat Statue. Att spd its important for her but SP its more usefull.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    In terms of gameplay she reminds me of a mix of Greatsword (chaining attacks and staying close) and arisha (reliance on flamebreath for DPS like mana).

Arisha can easily hit max SP too because aside from mana swap, you dont need to constantly spend SP as her cooldowns on her SP damage skills (resonance, ruin blade) are pretty high.

Miri is supposed to be able to use SP to restore flame breath, but she only has two skills that do that, one of which has a very long cooldown, and the other has a ridiculously slow animation that gets you killed. My bet is that at some point they will give her a mana swap like skill that exchanges SP for flame breath instead of buffing the animation speed.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Question2 wrote: »
    In terms of gameplay she reminds me of a mix of Greatsword (chaining attacks and staying close) and arisha (reliance on flamebreath for DPS like mana).

Arisha can easily hit max SP too because aside from mana swap, you dont need to constantly spend SP as her cooldowns on her SP damage skills (resonance, ruin blade) are pretty high.

Miri is supposed to be able to use SP to restore flame breath, but she only has two skills that do that, one of which has a very long cooldown, and the other has a ridiculously slow animation that gets you killed. My bet is that at some point they will give her a mana swap like skill that exchanges SP for flame breath instead of buffing the animation speed.

they just need to change her spammable active skill to a single motion

right now she infuses the weapon with some crap,swings a bit,THEN throws it

takes way too much bloody time even on my 59 AS miri
  • imina_bloodfallenimina_bloodfallen
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I'm only 30 with my Miri and I want to know if you guys use Active: Scorching Streak a lot, cause that is pretty useless for me and I find that Fiery Evasion dodges the wrong way if I use directional key I mean when press left she go right
    is that normal?
  • imina_bloodfallenimina_bloodfallen
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    I'm only 30 with my Miri and I want to know if you guys use Active: Scorching Streak a lot, cause that is pretty useless for me and I find that Fiery Evasion dodges the wrong way if I use directional key i mean when press lef
  • PlayerOOOlPlayerOOOl
    Vindictus Rep: 1,270
    I'm only 30 with my Miri and I want to know if you guys use Active: Scorching Streak a lot, cause that is pretty useless for me and I find that Fiery Evasion dodges the wrong way if I use directional key i mean when press lef

FlameBreath pretty much allows Miri to kill all boss within 10sec until Rocheste runs.
    Anything else is useless at your level.