[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I require assistance, Vindi's being a ***

RavelationsRavelations
Vindictus Rep: 1,255
edited December 4, 2017 in General Discussion
For the past week now my computer has been completely crashing whenever i try todo Anything with vindictus, getting the daily missions done for the miri event, staying on long enough for the attendance and Attempting to join raids for the objective event is a sereve pain in the ass having to restart my computer every 10 minutes, And as of several minutes ago i was kicked from the game for a unauthorized program, when the only other program i had running was firefox so i could listen to music,

I've never had this problem before now and i have no idea what started it, but vindictus is two more attempts from being permanently uninstalled on my computer, So far only thing i've been able to come up with is a firewall problem, but i still don't know what started it, if it even has anything to do with the firewall,

I use the Steam version because nexon launcher has never worked for me at all,

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    edited December 4, 2017
    When I get annoying errors like this in a game I like playing I usually end up reinstalling windows

if even that fails,its probably a router/internet problem
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I usually end up reinstalling windows

This is terrible advice. The only time someone should reinstall Windows is when Windows itself is on the fritz. This is a Vindictus problem.

@Ravelations

Open your Task Manager and see if there are any processes you don't recognize. Google all of them; some will be done by Windows, but others might be running from other programs you have open that you've forgotten to close, and these processes could be misread by Vindi as bad programs.

As for Firefox, have you upgraded to Firefox Quantum? If so, there may be an issue with Vindi's anti-cheat's recognition of Quantum since it works differently than the previous Firefox.
    Blackbirdx61Order5
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    Sounds like your PC is falling apart mate if you're trying to do something with it.
  • ziggybladeziggyblade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,155
    uninstall and reinstall helped me
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Rezi wrote: »

This is terrible advice. The only time someone should reinstall Windows is when Windows itself is on the fritz. This is a Vindictus problem.

@Ravelations

Open your Task Manager and see if there are any processes you don't recognize. Google all of them; some will be done by Windows, but others might be running from other programs you have open that you've forgotten to close, and these processes could be misread by Vindi as bad programs.

As for Firefox, have you upgraded to Firefox Quantum? If so, there may be an issue with Vindi's anti-cheat's recognition of Quantum since it works differently than the previous Firefox.

So if this is Vindictus problem, why am I not having the same problem as him? CLEARLY it is issue unique to his own computer or OS. People like you annoys me, first chance you get just blames the game.
  • MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    Rezi wrote: »

@Ravelations

that is not advice

it's just what works me when I have absolutely no other option left when dealing with an annoying unsolvable issue