[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Slayer! vs Brawler; Two quick thoughts.

Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
Vindictus Rep: 1,355
in Suggestions and Feedback
I see so many posts for Looking for Guild in the New Recruits forum, maybe it should have its own space, or at least its own Sticky we can tack onto?

I think one thing that your marketing people might consider is rebranding Vindictus and games like it as Slayers vs Brawlers. I was watching this video; and the poster was saying you obviously no the Tekken's and Street Fighters of this world; both great games but when Slayers get lumped in with Punch/Kick Fests its a bit misleading; and I think the Punch Fest has had its heyday. Players to my notice are more interested in Fantasy, Sword Wielding Fantasy, ala Vindi!! I think if the conversation could be moved in that direction; Give Slayers a name that better describes them, more players would be drawn to them.

Now me I've played GW2 since Launch, and had some fun, but always hated all the Crafting, Fed Ex grinding, BS; thats why I was looking for a replacement game more like Vindi. When I log on Im mostly looking to kill something wtihout going to Jail. And the fact that Vindi has classic mobs like Gnolls and Goblins and not something someone just dreamed up (with no history) like Charr really appeals to me. BTW did I mention Im having great fun with your game. Anyhow please do think about it. I think this game is great, so glad your still supporting it and would love to see it go through a bit of a Renaissance. All the Best BB.