[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Player, Catching Kicks

KoherKoher
Vindictus Rep: 300
in New Recruits
I'm trying to get a feel for the Vindictus community, and it's difficult when I'm catching more kicks to the face than Thug 1 from a Jackie Chan movie. Thus far, I haven't played a single Battle with anyone but myself, as the few open games I find boot me faster than you can say 'Be Gentle, It's My First Time'.

At first, I was wondering if my character choice was playing into the desire people seem to have for throwing me off their boat seconds after I load in, but I couldn't find anything in my google search "Why oh god why, do people hate Sylas or do they just want to make room on their boat for more waifus?". Are Public Games just not viable in general?

Also, hi.

Comments

• LumenarcLumenarc
    Vindictus Rep: 550
    'ello,

I'll try and answer some of your questions.
    They've oversimplified this game so they pretty much expect you to solo 1-89 (it sucks... but you could always ask for help in Channel 1 if you need help with battles)
    From my own observations, Sylas is kind of a community punching bag. That might not be a whole server thing though, might just be the people in my guild. :P
    If you're getting kicked from battles pre-90, then it might be a guild run or something and they don't set it to private or something...
    If it's post-90 battles, then they might want a more geared person for faster runs or yadda yadda.

I'd recommend finding a good, active guild, sometimes randos can be jerks :p But the community overall is pretty friendly, albeit crazier than Reilly.

Ummm... can't think of anything else to say, so I'll just say hi again.

hi
    Koher