[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Where are the servers going to be physically?

WhiteSizzleWhiteSizzle
Vindictus Rep: 810
in General Discussion
Nexon seems to rent server space all over and they move all the time. Last I checked East still connects to the west coast somewhere, I think LA or Vegas, but it's a pretty good connection for running around town and all the other stuff where the actual game server matters.

So same place then, or is there a physical move along with the consolidation? Would be cool if East got a server on the East coast, but then again it wouldn't be great for you westerners.

I would think Dallas would be a good option for covering the US, but usually when Oceanic is lumped in with US companies put the servers right on the coast, like LA or Seattle, making it real far for the east coast people.

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited October 20, 2017
    My bet is on California.
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    But it doesn't really matter where they put the server besides for royal raid, town server and pvp? All regular dungeons and raids are peer to peer based on how far you are from the party leader.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    Even EU server is somewhere in NA .... At least was last time we checked
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Suukei wrote: »
    "This page was last edited on 1 January 2011, at 02:01."
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    I know. Just for reference.
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Well seeing as Nexon NA's headquarters are located in cailfornia, i'd assume the servers would be there as well, But thats just me,
    Either way with the full server merge minus europe its still going to be a lag fest for all parties, I just feel sorry for the austrailians since they're getting merged into east server with all the inflated prices when on a lucky day they might be able to scrape together enough gold for repair costs. But at the very least on ES they should also be able to get gold atleast slightly more faster than before
  • jonny974jonny974
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    seem they use amazon servers....