[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Ranking system

MadcobraMadcobra
Vindictus Rep: 5,230
edited September 27, 2017 in General Discussion
Whats happend with rankings? Is this bug or lost of points is permanent? Ive had over 180 .000 points before patch and 4 place now i got 150. 000 points and 33 place . And its the same for every active player on eu server

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    It transitioned from a mediocre joke into a fully fledged meme.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Thats what i thought
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Attack was counting for magic attack characters, and magic attack was counting for attack characters.
    CR also gives 50 points instead of 300.
    Madcobra
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    Then why +10 lvl 90 set gives more points than +10 dulla set
  • LeXicOLeXicO
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    People who haven't logged in hold more points because they are still using the old points system until the log in
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    And what will happen if they never log in?
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited September 27, 2017
    And what will happen if they never log in?

The rank will disappear after 30 days of them not being logged in. Once everyone logs in the ranking system will be back to normal basically.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • uncledolanuncledolan
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Attack was counting for magic attack characters, and magic attack was counting for attack characters.
    CR also gives 50 points instead of 300.

something is not right yet. in fact we need to find a more reliable xource for this.

I swapped my resistants for enthusiastic, added a couple fast es, and swapped temporal for well balanced.
    supposedly, with assumption that crit res is now only worth 50 points, it will improve my point.
    instead, it dropped it further.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Was there any info about rankings at all ? I would like to read black on white what gives less points now , because game still showing old system in C window when you put coursor of mouse on your rank right under picture
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Here are all the changes for the ranking system.
    Kdxd7mD.jpg

Bu yeah weird, titles supposedly should give 5 points each now.

Tables should be reset or something.
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    50 points for crit resistance doesn't make sense, it is far harder to get a +1 crit resistance on armor than +100 plus def on infusions, they should have just cut it in half.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited September 28, 2017
    Aphoticai wrote: »
    50 points for crit resistance doesn't make sense, it is far harder to get a +1 crit resistance on armor than +100 plus def on infusions, they should have just cut it in half.

It's the same rng. This stops people just slamming crit res for rankings. Crit Res doesn't make the best build is the point. So it shouldn't reflect as best build. It's a hell of a lot easier to get CR than atk spd, bal or crit.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815

This make sure scrolls like immoral and chaotic isn't as punishing.
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    Abaddan wrote: »

It's the same rng. This stops people just slamming crit res for rankings. Crit Res doesn't make the best build is the point. So it shouldn't reflect as best build. It's a hell of a lot easier to get CR than atk spd, bal or crit.

I don't believe that it is the same RNG, but could be wrong, doesn't feel like it when I did my armor. And I would love to see Speed, Bal, or crit on armor. Certainly would go for that. But I don't think it is possible. Again, I could be wrong.

As far as a good build, I disagree, and I lost 35k rank points do to this change... so, ok, not sure what your point in responding was.
    EnigmaTaro wrote: »

This make sure scrolls like immoral and chaotic isn't as punishing.

Chaotic maybe, but all combinations of Judgement, Righteous, Immoral, and Spirited have a mean of 18 units towards calculating points, another-words, Crit, Bal, Crit Resistance, and Speed added together, they all have the same number of possible gains.

I have crunched numbers on valor added to the mix as well, as this is a 21 unit gain towards calculating points, but the loss in attack makes it negligible.

The only viable reason for this, is Chaotic, or rather Dul Weapons in general. Not so much the scroll, but contributes to the theory.

It is highly insulting to invest in an orange Dul Weapon, and still have +15 90 weapons surpass it. This, in a way, makes sense to me, because it should be a reason upgrade to shoot for a +13 Dul Weapon and be able to compete with +15 90's/ This change allows this to happen indirectly as far as rank score goes.

Other than that, Crit Resistance was the better way to augment armor before this change, no balance, no speed, nor crit on armor have I ever seen done, so it was either crit resistance or def... Now, def is better for points on armor, and based on my own experience of trying to get crit resistance versus def, the cost in doing so no longer makes sense, just go for the def if rank score is the objective.

Thanks for your imput. But I'd love to see some armor with Speed, Bal, or Crit, for I'd go for some of that!
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I used a calculator and added up my magic attack, DEF, etc, and got 170k+ points, but the ranking system said i ahd about 149k. Its obviously bugged atm.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    edited September 28, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    I used a calculator and added up my magic attack, DEF, etc, and got 170k+ points, but the ranking system said i ahd about 149k. Its obviously bugged atm.

Seems to be 100% accurate for me.
    kK9xBOT.png
    Notes: VIP is a temporary buff so subtract that. Titles only count if they have been grinded on the individual character. Shared titles count to your title count but won't count towards ranking.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    It still doesn't count AD, which is far more game changing than things like crit and bal xD

But on the bright side, now I don't have to take off gear at reset time to avoid the crown and pm spams when I mega something.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    When you mouse over the rank, it still says crit resist = 300 points each...
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    edited September 29, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    When you mouse over the rank, it still says crit resist = 300 points each...

Yes and its confusing ... cause CRes gives only 50 now i checked by change infusion from CRes for def, gained 50 points more
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    Would be nice if they give first place free access to all outfitters (and take away access when you fall from the crown). That would've been great incentive.