[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

hey guys returning player

Akihiro_AltlandAkihiro_Altland
Vindictus Rep: 455
in New Recruits
Hey everyone I played this game for a bit a few months back but got kinda bored. I booted it up and love the new updates. How faster its gotten to do things and less loading screens. I play on the west server Im a lvl25. Tell me what you think of the new changes? Thank yall xP

Comments

• MisterWhiskersMisterWhiskers
    Vindictus Rep: 2,615
    I like most of the changes but according to many people,armaggedon arrived in vindictus with the rise update.Believe what you want; there's some very preachy and biased people around these forums
    Akihiro_Altland
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    Leveling has become a lot faster while free level up gear lets you run level 90 raids without too much of a hassle as long as you know what you are doing. On one hand, you can get to level 90 fairly quickly now to run relevant content without much grinding. However, the difficulty will spike up suddenly as you can practically facetank your way to level 90 then get absolutely destroyed by s3 raids.

Meanwhile, the performance gap between a well geared player and moderately geared one has become much bigger with rise and is unfortunately is heavily dictated by rng due to the change in additional damage. I wouldn't consider this a huge deal unless you are someone whose extremely competitive in pve and want to minmax the crap out of your character at endgame.
    Akihiro_Altland
  • Vintage_WineVintage_Wine
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    If you need a guild join DrunkenRage. I just rolled a Vella so I'm in my 20s too and am willing to join in with leveling up if you are interested.
    Akihiro_Altland
  • Akihiro_AltlandAkihiro_Altland
    Atherion wrote: »
    Leveling has become a lot faster while free level up gear lets you run level 90 raids without too much of a hassle as long as you know what you are doing. On one hand, you can get to level 90 fairly quickly now to run relevant content without much grinding. However, the difficulty will spike up suddenly as you can practically facetank your way to level 90 then get absolutely destroyed by s3 raids.

Meanwhile, the performance gap between a well geared player and moderately geared one has become much bigger with rise and is unfortunately is heavily dictated by rng due to the change in additional damage. I wouldn't consider this a huge deal unless you are someone whose extremely competitive in pve and want to minmax the crap out of your character at endgame.

I've heard about min/max what does that mean exactly xP I'm sorry for the noob question.
    If you need a guild join DrunkenRage. I just rolled a Vella so I'm in my 20s too and am willing to join in with leveling up if you are interested.

Most definitely is drunkenrage on the west server?
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040

I've heard about min/max what does that mean exactly xP I'm sorry for the noob question.

Min-maxing just means you go out of your way to maximize your stats in every way you can to be as efficient as possible. The absolute majority of people play casually and only do the bare minimum of what's required for new content, with occasional upgrades as they see fit. Others try and meet caps on everything, and to squeeze out every bit of stats from their gear they can.
    Akihiro_Altland
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    The game got much better with all the updates with a few exceptions:
    1) enhancement and add damage = pay2win now
    2) controller screw up for Lann/ Karol/ Hurk
    3) bosses too easy / dont scale properly S1 S2.
    Akihiro_Altland
    Effect wrote: »

Min-maxing just means you go out of your way to maximize your stats in every way you can to be as efficient as possible. The absolute majority of people play casually and only do the bare minimum of what's required for new content, with occasional upgrades as they see fit. Others try and meet caps on everything, and to squeeze out every bit of stats from their gear they can.

Thank you for clearing that up, appreciate it.