[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Anyone else a little sad over the loss of sides?

SpareohSpareoh
Vindictus Rep: 425
edited September 7, 2017 in General Discussion
I'm replaying through again on a new character because I wanted to make a Hurk for the new Tiede weapon, but all the side quests are gone. At first I was like, "cool, the game is going by so much faster and i'm not wasting money on side items for Fergus or running through the Hollows forever to find slingshots", but now I'm to Rocheste and running by the Piper by the fountain and realizing that he's just decoration now. I never got to meet Arthuyn or know he was raised with Kristie or about Shayla's sad backstory and how Ermass helped her. New players won't know about any of their stories and that makes me a little sad.

Comments

• ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Press M and check the View Hidden Stories button.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    As said above, they are now hidden by default for unknown reason. That's Devcat for You.
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Vindictus Rep: 425
    Yeah I assumed that's because they're trying to take them out of the game to make it easier for new players to get to the newly released levels quicker
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    edited September 9, 2017
    They weren't hidden for me, but my account got refreshed so this is my "first" character on it. Maybe it's hidden for non-first characters.

By the way, you're still wasting money on side items for Fergus and chasing down slingshots; however, plot-relevant side quests like that "Gwynn killed Ellis" diary story have been taken out for no legitimate reason.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Actually since I am already done this before rise, how do new players do the armor side quest anymore? Since Fergus and others do not craft anymore (Why did they drop this). Are they force to learn to expertise (painstaking slow way to do it) or have to buy of the MP and waste a lot of valuable gold for sub par armor since leveling is faster? Did they make all drops exquisite armor?
  • ReziRezi
    A lot of armor is quest rewards or boss drops now that weren't before, but Clodagh's expertise quests have remained the same.
  • ZycuxZycux
    Vindictus Rep: 350
    Who cares about Arthuyn?, hes just a depresing lil poop
  • ReziRezi
    I care about Arthuyn, and his background is in the quests/