[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Returned for the third or fourth time.

ReziRezi
Vindictus Rep: 2,585
in New Recruits
I only just noticed this section...

I'm a returning player from Lann-launch, S2-launch, probably S2-end, and now Rise launch. I also played Mabi back during Chapter 2 or 3 before Vindi was released. Now it seems there's been wipes.

I remember wanting XE but never getting it, being frustrated at the difficulty spikes in the old S2 difficulty systems, and being part of a guild during my last session which I have now forgotten. I'm currently playing on EU server and I wanted to duo Vindi with someone (not because of Rise) but they can't get past region-lock and the game is already boring solo now so I gave up on duo-ing.

I'm currently doing a naked Delia run with my basic sword, and I might get the level 22 sword until I get to S2 where having equipment might matter. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in-game :)

By the way, since Delia is a slave to Attack Speed, what should I do for that post-Rise, and what armors 50+ are the new "staple" (it was Pirate until Rise) for most gameplay until endgame?

Comments

• EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    The armor you have before level 90 is pretty much irrelevant. Just get whatever free armor you get from drops/stories and you'll get level 90+ within several hours. Ever since the RISE update happened, Season 1 & 2 have now become more of an introduction to the game than anything. You won't face any sort of difficulty until Season 3 begins. Once you hit level 90, you'll receive a free +10 armor set and weapon that is pre-enchanted for you. It's not the best armor by any means, but it'll get you started and allow you to start raiding and farming for better gear.

As for attack speed, it's no different really. You'll find ways to stack balance (The Dead and Enthusiastic scrolls, material synthesizing, Ein Lacher titles, 2 from a special outfitter, etc) and then slap on Fast scrolls. The higher enhanced your weapon is the higher attack speed you'll also receive.
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Effect wrote: »
    As for attack speed, it's no different really. You'll find ways to stack balance (The Dead and Enthusiastic scrolls, material synthesizing, Ein Lacher titles, 2 from a special outfitter, etc) and then slap on Fast scrolls. The higher enhanced your weapon is the higher attack speed you'll also receive.

I've found this to no longer be true. Yes, enhance and scrolls seem to still increase it, but tons of equips now have attack speed, even the noob equips. This means there's now certain equips that are more for attack speed than others, in all equipment types.
  • EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    Rezi wrote: »
    Effect wrote: »

I've found this to no longer be true. Yes, enhance and scrolls seem to still increase it, but tons of equips now have attack speed, even the noob equips. This means there's now certain equips that are more for attack speed than others, in all equipment types.

The only equipment that has a base attack speed stat line are the white brooches. If you're seeing attack speed on any armor, it's from the enchant scrolls that now show the stats they give within the equipment stats. The only other attack speed lines would be from power infusion on accessories.
    Rezi