[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Scythe changes

AnceciausAnceciaus
Vindictus Rep: 200
edited August 7, 2017 in Suggestions and Feedback
At the moment scythe is good and all but it's just very bland compared to some of the other weapons. I feel that coming from the sorceress character it could use a little more flashiness. Also some of it's mechanics are a bit dated.

My suggestions are:

- Make all the combos relevant not just soul skewer and dimension loom.
- Incentivise stacking all 4 snaps like adding some type of multiplier or something or different effects when you combine certain snaps.
- Add visual effects while your attacking and smashing like a shadowy weapon trail or the black effect from soul skewer.
- Make all of the visual effects consistent or have some sort of colorstory, insane reaper is green, blink is black, void star is blue and black, wisp is white, etc.. it seems a bit all over the place it need to be brought into one homogenous color palette.
- Life drain's heal has never been effective, so either get rid of it or more make it worthwhile to use.
- Give the wisp a greater purpose, possibly a passive to randomly summon when you use Grab [E], allowing you to summon multiple kamikaze wisps that explode when you snap, and opening up hell quake to have a different snap skill. Or even making the wisp a permanent pet that attacks when you do certain things like smash or snap.

This last one isn't really a scythie thing but an evie one...

- Make alchemy relevant

Comments

• RhilinRhilin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,070
    edited August 7, 2017
    - Make all the combos relevant not just soul skewer and dimension loom.
    All combo chains are relevent. Atleast I use all of them unless you mean to tell me you don't use the double drain one for the stamina?
    - Incentivise stacking all 4 snaps like adding some type of multiplier or something or different effects when you combine certain snaps.
    There was a stacking mechanic but it was removed in favor of the enhanced mechanic. I think it's better this way since raids that it would troublesome to stack in hard raids only to be killed mid-stack when going for good damage. Combination of the stacks sounds interesting. Plus Arcane Gate already gives you multiplier for stacking.
    - Make all of the visual effects consistent or have some sort of colorstory, insane reaper is green, blink is black, void star is blue and black, wisp is white, etc.. it seems a bit all over the place it need to be brought into one homogenous color palette.
    Other games do that. It would be boring I think since different magic should have different auras but I don't mind either way (unless the aura they going for is red).
    - Life drain's heal has never been effective, so either get rid of it or more make it worthwhile to use.
    While I do agree that it should be useful in the main reason that it exists, I am against removing it. It still serves as a trigger for sacrifice and still counts as a snap to reduce gate's cooldown.
    - Give the wisp a greater purpose, possibly a passive to randomly summon when you use Grab [E], allowing you to summon multiple kamikaze wisps that explode when you snap, and opening up hell quake to have a different snap skill. Or even making the wisp a permanent pet that attacks when you do certain things like smash or snap.
    It doesn't need a random summon you can always summon it via 2 combo chains. Before you could've used Sacrifice as a SP skill and until you do the wisp stayed on the battlefield until killed but it was useless apart from being a decoy which in raids or with 3 other party members was useless so being a kamikadze with a decent damage is quite fine. Also the multiple kamikadze idea sounds a bit like Arcane gate.
    - Make alchemy relevant
    Yes, they should make alchemy relevent again. Though it still serves purpose in some situations (except golem he is useless unless in S1 hero mode).