[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Raging Fever discussion

TradespotTradespot
Vindictus Rep: 1,795
edited November 29, 2016 in Lann
So after trying Fiona and realizing how good Focal Point is,i was wondering about Raging Fever.I'm not sure if it's me but th e skill seems to be activating a critical hit 100% of the time.I was looking to maybe find an alternative to use Sprint Smash and Gust.Raging hits around 7k with my actual stats as opposed as 1k for every time you use Gust or Sprint.They also seem to hit almost as hard as the gliding.

Im just going to display the crit ratio for Raging Fever here and the damage numbers of it.I was trying to keep him on the bridge as long as possible to show as much Fever hits as possible:

*Note none of my skills are awoken and they are all maxed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would like to see with others if they also get a high ratio of crit from it.It was my 3rd run and all of the Fever hits where critical with no exception.

Quickly,out of a 50 hits sample:

Gust:Lets say around 1k x 50=50k Damage

Raging Fever:Around 7k x 50=350k Damage

To add to that if it really does crit every time it means the skill 100% leads to a Gliding opportunity wich is not the case with Gust.

I also know that using the SP for Fever would make it more difficult to use the other SP skills,but i'm just figuring out for now.F7 seems to have a 2min cooldown and by that time the Fever damage would cover up for it i think.

Other point is that Gust uses 17 stamina while Fever doesn't seem to use any.

I think that the **super speedy Gust style** looks very spectacular,but does it really favorize better performance?

**Example**:

Im also putting this from a non stamina pots user prospective.

Comments

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    I've personally have been using raging fever more frequently ever since it's rework(yes, it's now a guaranteed crit). And I would say it favors two ways of playing:

1. You're the type to almost exclusively only use sp for slashing high AND you tend to have a lot of excess sp from the raid (either because the boss is sand baggy so you get sp fast, or you use a cat statue).

2. You don't care about efficiency.

At high level play raging fever isn't really that great because getting a guaranteed 7k + at least 4k glide doesn't make up for the cost of 250 sp(using awakening stones may make you change your mind, but wouldn't that apply to anything?).

Some niche situations where I did find it very useful were:

1. When you're waiting to attack the boss(e.g. Keaghan's tantrum cutscene or ulchas' look-at-me cutscene), this allows you do a fully charged gust sting + raging fever + a guaranteed glide which is pretty decent. Does it make up for 250 sp? Refer to the above mentioned playstyles. In case you didn't know, you can combo a fully charged gust sting into the raging fever.

2. Using an instant raging fever when you know the boss is about to die and you want to burn your sp. I feel it's only in this situation that raging fever ever only shines - it's essentially a free guaranteed crit since you won't care about sp at this point.

Overall I think raging fever is interesting but really only applicable in minor cases.

Tl;dr: Raging fever is extremely subpar, especially when compared to other class' skills.
    BloodAngel
  • TradespotTradespot
    Ya for some reason i never took the habit of using F7 unless it was for canceling,I-Frame purpose or a quick burst of damage at the end of a raid/run.I would never have an excess of SP thoe but rather the opposite as i would use Slashing high on cooldown.Might because of the 61 balance,but in general i never have excess of SP.

Nice to know that Fever does activate a crit at 100%.At 1st view i do find that the SP cost for it is a lot,but on the other end the damage is very good and it presents less wind up than Crescent or Pummel Storm for example.

Would still like to test these in raids with cap stats to make some comparison.Probably at some point will do.I'm not sure,but i would assume that the animation of Fever would be even more easier to handle as you gain more attack speed.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    The only thing I've thought about using raging fever for was putting a B rank Knockdown awakening stone on it and seeing if it could stagger havan when he tries his OKO sandstorm move, I asked my guild leader a seasoned Lann and he said it most likely won't, the skill is just too worthless. :/
  • TradespotTradespot
    BloodAngel

The only thing I've thought about using raging fever for was putting a B rank Knockdown awakening stone on it and seeing if it could stagger havan when he tries his OKO sandstorm move, I asked my guild leader a seasoned Lann and he said it most likely won't, the skill is just too worthless. :/
    Will see,i think it consumes a lot of Sp but my Lann also doesn't gain much back from hitting due to very low attack and very low balance.In some raids i found it very difficult to incorporate it while in some other it was actully pretty useful.On top of the free crit i like the 0 stamina consumption of it and the range as well,it also grants stone status even thoe you obviously still take the damage...not a feature you'd use against an attack that can potentially kill:

And yes it wouldn't work on the Havan AOE 100% for sure.But ya will definitely give it a shot when i can spend more time on Lann.In fast paced raids you can't incorporate it everywhere indeed but its definitely not useless:

That's what i quickly found,but with more time and creativity there is probably other situations where it could be used especially with the range it has and the fact that it does not consume any stam.