[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rise Update - Weapon Restorations and Item Breaks

osaposap
Vindictus Rep: 1,125
in General Discussion
https://support-vindictus.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115003093026-Rise-Update-Weapon-Restorations-and-Item-Breaks
^

So... just ran into this news when i clicked 'support' section in vindictus website.
This is very confusing to me. They say we can 'restore failed enhancement as often as possible', when in fact we cannot enhance further after we restore the weapon. lol.

Does this apply to enhancement on weapons from that date onwards?? seems at the moment I can't enhance my restored weapon.

Can someone verify this or provide any clarification for me please so i can understand what they mean by 'restore as often as possible'?

Thanks in advance!
Order5

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Interesting... Maybe something new is on its way? Or they are just referring to the fact that you can't perma boom a weapon by enhancing so there is no reason for them to have to give it back.

(And they are saying they wont give it back if you NPC it /dismantle or whatever else to get rid of it.)
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I wouldn't have even seen that message if you hadn't linked it.
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    Thats probably 99% some typo or bad phrasing

Buuut in a world where that 1% is true and we could indefenatly boom and restore weapons without any matt going back and costing alot more ap and mby even gold to restore, coupled with the changes in the enchant scrolls then this game would actually be good rng wise
  • osaposap
    yeah that's what im thinking too. It'll possibly be ap restoration cycle where chances r low and u can work slowly towards +20.. based on what the message says (i'm hoping this is what it is intended for)

the post was from yesterday, so im thinking something new will be up xD lets keep this discussion rolling so hopefully one of the GMs can read this and verify what they meant.
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    I think theyre talking about how low the restoration costs are now in regards to 'restore failed enhancement as often as possible'?
  • lumix345lumix345
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    edited July 24, 2017
    In the past GMs allowed for a weapon to be "restored" in the off chance that you accidentally deleted an item or enhanced/enchanted without a rune by accident.

It was originally allowed 3 times per character I believe, then was limited to only once per account. However after the addition of the RISE update that no longer allowed for restored weapons to be enhanced, the GMs will no longer provide this service since its essentially not needed anymore because we can no longer permaboom (this is also retroactive so old restored weapons prior to RISE fall in this category).

That is essentially what that message in the support section is talking about, and it has been there since the RISE update I believe.
  • osaposap
    Dokkun wrote: »
    I think theyre talking about how low the restoration costs are now in regards to 'restore failed enhancement as often as possible'?

hmm.. so i guess this is outdated news which they haven't posted in their support section until now :'( .. maybe they should consider rephrasing if that's the case. It's actually the opposite of the 'restore failed enhancement as often as you can' but rather 'you can only restore weapon once and it'll be perma-bound without ability to enhance again'.. which i know is already stated in the rise update lol.

I know this is already common sense for ppl who alrdy know about it, but seeing that phrase was a wonderful surprise which i can only dream about.. haha
  • lumix345lumix345
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    edited July 24, 2017
    A good rule of thumb when dealing with Nexon's direction of Vindictus:

Will implementing this make it easier for people to avoid using our NX items?

Yes?

Then it's never seeing the light of day...

XD
    DokkunZaeadras[Deleted User]
  • ISeeFireISeeFire
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Yep as they wrote, they wont support any more about restoring items.

Some days ago, I made a mistake while enhancing my armor, after I enhanced all parts of my armor set, I forgot to restore them immediately, but tried to enhance 1 more weapon. Result my helmet disappeared from Strange Traveler 's list. Felt so bad and tried to contact them for supporting my case, but end up nothing.

Hope guys dont make the same mistake that I did. Meh a +11 full scrolled orange one. Died a bit inside! In a moment , I just wanted to burn everything! >:)

• ZaeadrasZaeadras
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    ISeeFire wrote: »
    Yep as they wrote, they wont support any more about restoring items.

Some days ago, I made a mistake while enhancing my armor, after I enhanced all parts of my armor set, I forgot to restore them immediately, but tried to enhance 1 more weapon. Result my helmet disappeared from Strange Traveler 's list. Felt so bad and tried to contact them for supporting my case, but end up nothing.

Hope guys dont make the same mistake that I did. Meh a +11 full scrolled orange one. Died a bit inside! In a moment , I just wanted to burn everything! >:)

wait you can only restore 1 item?
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    edited July 25, 2017
    Thats probably 99% some typo or bad phrasing

Buuut in a world where that 1% is true and we could indefenatly boom and restore weapons without any matt going back and costing alot more ap and mby even gold to restore, coupled with the changes in the enchant scrolls then this game would actually be good rng wise

This might make me play again. No other game in the industry is as punishing as Vindictus when it comes to penalties for failed enhancements/enchants.