[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[Poll] Best Class for Mysterious Shard Hunting?

EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
Vindictus Rep: 3,815
edited November 26, 2016 in Battle Quests and Guides
"AKA most efficient class to use against the 6 Royal Army Raids just to get those juicy shard" thread.

Lynn as main source to stun boss, Karok's clash, Kai/ chain vella's Range, Lann/sw Vella's attack buff, Evie/Syla's support, etc.
  1. "Good Evening, _____ is best class" for RR.39 votes
    1. Lann
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Fiona
       10% (4 votes)
    3. Evie
       13% (5 votes)
    4. Karok
       21% (8 votes)
    5. Kai
       28% (11 votes)
    6. Vella
       8% (3 votes)
    7. Hurk
       5% (2 votes)
    8. Lynn
       3% (1 vote)
    9. Arisha
       8% (3 votes)
    10. Sylas
       3% (1 vote)
    11. Delia
       3% (1 vote)

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited November 26, 2016
    Not a very good poll in my opinion. What you need is the correct farming party, not the best farming class.

1) You can only run 1-2 Royal Army raids each day, so it really doesn't matter what class you play if you're farming; if you have a character that can run it, you run it.

2) If you're just worrying about yourself, the answer is going to be Kai just because his range makes chasing the bosses less tiring and he can break dragon parts to make them flinch, but this doesn't actually do much to speed the runs up - so making 6 Kais is the wrong way to go about it.

3) Classes that can either keep the boss from running or classes that can mitigate damage help the most (less time healing and reviving means more DPS time). If I could hand-pick a team I would have 1 staff Evie, 1 Lynn, 2 Fionas, and the rest Karoks.

-Stribog and Spiders you can run with 2 Fionas that alternate taunts and one staff Evie for healing. I strongly recommend cooldown reduction awakenings.
    -Ancient Siglint's heal is pretty negligible in this mode, but having a Lynn or Fiona to interrupt could still speed things up by a few minutes. People should really be grounding Siglint with bombs, but they're usually bad at this so Karok clashing is good. Even if Siglint doesn't stay on the ground for very long, the clashes can still avoid undesirable flight time.
    -Ancient Beokros should be clashed as often as possible by Karoks. Lag will likely get a lot of people frozen so scythe Evies are probably a lot better than other classes in this raid.
    -Ancient Elchulus flees a LOT and well-timed Lynn interrupts can help keep him from traveling too far away. Fionas can use taunt to try and keep him close to the edge of the arena, which will limit his movement a bit. Karoks are arguably the most useful in this raid because he can shout the cursed flames away so people don't have to run buckets. Contesting Karoks are staff Evies because they can heal and build forts the fastest, but you really only need one or two of these.
    -Ancient Lakoria also flees a lot, but Karok clashes can keep him in place, shaving about 20 seconds off the raid each time they hold a full clash. Lynn and Fiona can interrupt the tail spikes.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited November 26, 2016
    Depends on the run like Order5 said but all around I'd say Karok's ability to consistently keep up with the boss while doing good damage along with his crazy utility stuff puts him at the top. Gun Kai is really good for the same reasons but gets screwed over by the invulnerability time on the dragons and Lakoria.

I like having diversity in the party though, multiple heal over time and stamina regen buffs is great and counter-based classes really shine against spiders and Stribog once he starts using his more grounded attacks.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Stribog > karok

Ravenous > Kai

Siglint > Hurk

Beokros > Bow kai

Elchulus > tie between Kai and Karok

Lakoria > Vella, karok, hurk, and kai in a 4 way tie.