[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Does anyone actually like PVP?

Comments

  • Rena_RyuguRena_Ryugu
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited August 28, 2017
    Vindi pvp is completely dead, no rewards, no fun, no ppls, I moved to bdo, war is every day but siege is like a national event whit dozen of ppls streaming, interview to guild leaders, spectators etc etc, it take place once a week and all bigger and powerful guilds fight each other for a region of the world = all have to pay 5% tax to our guild if we won and gold goes to our members whit payouts, last siege we had 5 guilds fighting for serendia (not counting other regions..) each of them having between 60-80 ppls on the field, my guild, VoS had 76 ppls attending and vindi struggle to get 12 ppls..
    testll9902
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Posts: 436
    Member
    edited August 28, 2017
    you keep saying at launch, at launch, at launch. Anyone with a decent brain knows that of course when you are new to a game and its bosses, it's definitely hard.

    It has nothing to do with that. Your argument even falls flat in Rise Vindi since anyone new to this game won't find it hard at all, and even then - AT LAUNCH - players were actually given quests and objectives that taught them advanced game mechanics, unlike now, and even then it was hard because, again, the AI was harder. It has nothing to do with how long someone has been playing the game; at launch, it was 10x more difficult for new and experienced players than it was pre-Rise, and now post-Rise it's a cakefest. NO ONE played PvP back then because PvP was TOO EASY compared to PvE since PvE AIs were smarter than nearly all players in PvP; that AI is part of the reason why Vindi was littered with players, and every nerf to the game led to more and more quits so players could get their difficulty fix in other games, like Dark Souls (which this game was far, far harder than AT LAUNCH).
    testll9902
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited August 28, 2017
    Rezi wrote: »
    you keep saying at launch, at launch, at launch. Anyone with a decent brain knows that of course when you are new to a game and its bosses, it's definitely hard.

    It has nothing to do with that. Your argument even falls flat in Rise Vindi since anyone new to this game won't find it hard at all, and even then - AT LAUNCH - players were actually given quests and objectives that taught them advanced game mechanics, unlike now, and even then it was hard because, again, the AI was harder. It has nothing to do with how long someone has been playing the game; at launch, it was 10x more difficult for new and experienced players than it was pre-Rise, and now post-Rise it's a cakefest. NO ONE played PvP back then because PvP was TOO EASY compared to PvE since PvE AIs were smarter than nearly all players in PvP; that AI is part of the reason why Vindi was littered with players, and every nerf to the game led to more and more quits so players could get their difficulty fix in other games, like Dark Souls (which this game was far, far harder than AT LAUNCH).

    So you're saying that the game is easier since Vindictus Rise (and Pre-Rise, which isn't really a specified time but I'll consider it was 2 years ago) came and that new players won't find any challenge in it? Sure I can agree to that however your argument makes no sense what so ever. What's the thing which happened in Rise that ruined PvE? Additional damage. DAMAGE. A STAT that only affects the speed in which you're doing something. Not the actual mechanics! The AI was harder? No it wasn't. It was always the same, you're just being bias based on your nostalgia of Vindictus. You're using an argument that the game is easier now. Okay let's think about that. What changed over the years? Oh that's right. The stat depending. Tell me, which raid was "oh so difficult" for you? Titan? Thor? Dragons? Keaghan? They're still sticking to the same principle as other bosses that got released later on. Pre-animation + timing adjustment. If you want, I can go naked with the weapon which is the same level as the raid completely naked and still do it without getting hit with ease. (That's why Einrach was nice content and in a sense it proves my point that PvE is what I said it is). Don't lie to yourself that other than stat-depending there was any other difference. (Oh and let me remind you that the SP stun skills used to be ~4 mins cd and that you could stun the boss 8 times, yeah so much for "harder" content).

    About PvP why it wasn't popular in Vindictus. Quite simple really. Nexon didn't make the content relevant. People in Vindictus mostly play for some sort of rewards not the actual personal progression and that's fine as stated in my previous posts, each person is free to play for whatever they feel like. In the end, this is a game, you're supposed to have fun and do what you like. One of other reasons are that they've not invested the time which they should've in PvP (such as scaling and again the things which I've mentioned in my previous posts).
    And now the joke of the year...
    Rezi wrote: »
    NO ONE played PvP back then because PvP was TOO EASY compared to PvE since PvE AIs were smarter than nearly all players in PvP
    I don't know, this might seem like a lost case for you, but try playing like an AI maybe then you'll win in PvP :D :D :D.... I know I know... It does sound rough, repeating a certain pattern over and over again, but I'm sure that one day, you'll be able to preform it well just like a true AI! I mean, it's not like the AI in PvE is so predictable that we have content like Ein Lacher which we're repeating over and over again until we learn and do it and then we can do it every time on first try. (Also don't bring up the point that the game at launch was harder, I told that that's just nostalgia bias and that the only thing which changed are the stats, not the personal development in PvE, as explained above). PvP would be challenging then right? But in the end... Maybe you're right, maybe an AI will preform better than you in PvP who knows? :thinking: I mean who would've thought an AI implemented in an MMO game from 2010(?) was smarter than an actual human. Wow science is really going far!!!1 *Obvious sarcasm don't get triggered*
    testll9902
  • IphitIphit
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    Posts: 31
    Member
    make pvp great again.
    testll9902
  • SeranaSerana
    Vindictus Rep: 615
    Posts: 6
    Member
    I read nothing
    testll9902
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Posts: 175
    Member
    To answer your thread title: No.
    testll9902
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 69
    Member
    Jeyem wrote: »
    To answer your thread title: No.

    When you're thirsty af for that forum reputation
    testll9902
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Posts: 175
    Member
    Drachus wrote: »
    Jeyem wrote: »
    To answer your thread title: No.

    When you're thirsty af for that forum reputation

    Yes my whole life i have been training, and preparing myself mentally for this expedition. I must not let my family down.
    Drachustestll9902
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Posts: 195
    Member
    PVP in this game has honestly sucked since Kai release basically. It wasn't awful then but it made it worse. Then Hurk came out and it progressively has fallen since then. Boss Brawl was a way more fun version of OS, OS is honestly really terrible, but is still better than Free Match or any of the other modes now, so that should tell you something. I used to play Free Match all the time back in the day, I haven't touched it in years now, and probably never will again. If it wasn't for rewards from OS I'd never run that either because it also sucks. They can't fix issues with normal game play and raids, I'm not sure what makes them think they can handle a PVP mode of any kind before they can address balance issues in normal play as well as bugs and issues that have been out for years that heavily affect characters play.
    testll9902
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,335
    Posts: 559
    Member
    edited January 21, 2020
    -start with full sp in pvp battles
    -ground hit
    -grab juggle

    c9 pvp comparison
    testll9902
  • akulbaakulba
    Vindictus Rep: 505
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Give short invul after Knockdown and limit the amount of times you can continue juggle in air and things would look alot better already. Trying to play fair on Karok when you know you could just do infinite juggle on everyone with brutal flurry feels kinda bad.

    I still prefer pvp over boring Raid treadmill "dps Rotation spamm"though as it is extremely fun with its rock-paper-scissor mechanic and also alot fun if you do Teamwork in Fm/siege. Since you have to use a fortune on megas though if you want do do Fm/siege regulary,its mostly only arena with buddys (and even that way too rarely+sad) . But atleast you can agree on playing fair without abuse there.

    That beeing said,if theres someone on EU server still interested in arena or if enough ppl ;siege/Fm,feel free to contact IGN:Devell
    testll9902
  • KymKym
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Posts: 8
    Member
    I like PvP
    testll9902
  • KymKym
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Posts: 8
    Member
    I like PvP

    testll9902
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,010
    Posts: 661
    Member
    I hate the PVP in this game. For some reason every PVP fight i get into my character has lag issues. Especially in Mag Mell . I have seen one character dodge out of three people swinging at them, able to preform their skill and not get interrupted. While my character takes more time to complete one combo and the other person has perform 6 full swings and dodges . I get stun lock while in dodge . I have no idea why this is happeneing. I have a good PC and 10 mbs upload and 100 down, and everytime I pvp my character moves like molasses and almost none of my hits register and I take triple the damage!! God damn I can play well in the PVE stuff but in PVP i am always thrown the dirtest and shortest end of the stick which will beat me down cause PVP in this game is broken.
  • RaidersRaiders
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited February 15
    PVP in this game can be described in one phrase:

    "lolpvp"
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 69
    Member
    69th post lol