[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Sorry mercenaries. Might be goodbye.

Order5Order5
Vindictus Rep: 5,900
edited March 14, 2017 in General Discussion
I was just at the market place and got random immense lag. Once the lag passed, I got the message that an unauthorized program was detected, followed by another message saying that I'd be removed from the game. I didn't have anything unusual open, not even the usual things like my browser. All the recent reports about people getting messages like these with subsequent bans strongly suggests that I will be the next to go.

Those of you who use the resources I've contributed on the forums have nothing to worry about, I'll leave those up.

All friends who are concerned have nothing to worry about. If I get permanently banned, then I will finally spill coffee on all the questions you keep asking about my characters.

For the mercenaries who despise me and want to be rid of me, you might just get your paradise.

EDIT:
To those who have been concerned (or relieved) by my absence, I was gone for 12 days to avoid getting an untimely ban or restriction that would prevent me from logging in on my Lynn's birthday (March 12th). Suwaya is now 2 years old, and I will be logging in regularly again. If I happen to get an irreversible ban, I will have it as a new post.

For those looking for more information on the incident, I contacted Customer Support to see if we could find a problem. For my end, I already performed a virus scan right after the initial incident, and I was then given methods to help troubleshoot and isolate any programs that could interfere with the game. However, I couldn't pinpoint a direct cause while working on solutions. We then pursued the notion that my computer might be too old or weak, and the game might have cracked on itself. As a test run, I turned all of my programs back on and ran the game as normal for several hours, but I didn't have any immediate repeats of the incident, which suggests it might have just been a random occurrence. I don't think I did enough testing to see if it was simply random, but for preventative measures I did a bit of early Spring cleaning on my computer and updated my graphics driver. Overall, none of these changes have made any noticeable difference in performance though.

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Nexon best hack detection worldwide. Players getting hit left and right and nothing is being done in terms of a fix. We haven't even gotten a post acknowledging that there might be issues, only promises that "improper" bans will be undone without question, which we know in the case of at least one well-known player, hasn't been the case. RIP all the time and effort put in.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    I'm sorry to hear that. We wish you the best of luck, and are with you to the end. I wish we got a title for 'coming back.'
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    :'(
    MochiSweet
  • HeavenBlueHeavenBlue
    Vindictus Rep: 660
    It make me scare every time when I login to the game now. :'(
    arkaine757BlawrghMochiSweetTabbedjjX
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    edited February 28, 2017
    HeavenBlue wrote: »
    It make me scare every time when I login to the game now. :'(

Yeah, same here.
    Maybe it's time to break up a bit.
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    edited February 28, 2017
    It sounds like you still have a few chances left if it doesn't say "you are permanently banned" when trying to log in. I wouldn't risk it though.. however if you are already done with the 100 hours of afking you can just log in really quickly and claim the major weekend rewards
    Order5
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited February 28, 2017
    Totally nothing to do with BlackCipher being faulty with all these wrongful bans the past few days, which they insist aren't wrongful bans and instead insist that people have third party programs open that may be for other games when there aren't any.

You can log back in if you didn't trigger the autobanner.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    I wish everyone effected by this the best of luck! XD
  • BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    :(
    MochiSweet
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Another good soul down.

Seems everyone I know is suddenly getting hit from this "fault" I keep hearing about.

A moment of silence.

4569532+_2d9a8459c9ff5d7a58cc2fbf40db4d5a.png
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    MochiSweetTamago
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    Another good soul down.

Seems everyone I know is suddenly getting hit from this "fault" I keep hearing about.

A moment of silence.

http://new1.fjcdn.com/comments/4569532+_2d9a8459c9ff5d7a58cc2fbf40db4d5a.png

I'm not gone yet, but I don't really want to log in for a while in case I get banned. I want to be able to log in on the day of my dear Suwaya's birth, which is in a couple of weeks.
    MochiSweet
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited February 28, 2017
    no I don't wanna see any Lynn leaving :'(
    VladinoZupsero
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    That moment when you're just running CheatEngine in the background to parse out your Minecraft server but Vindictus bans you anyway.
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    Order5 wrote: »
    I was just at the market place and got random immense lag. Once the lag passed, I got the message that an unauthorized program was detected, followed by another message saying that I'd be removed from the game. I didn't have anything unusual open, not even the usual things like my browser. All the recent reports about people getting messages like these with subsequent bans strongly suggests that I will be the next to go.

Those of you who use the resources I've contributed on the forums have nothing to worry about, I'll leave those up.

All friends who are concerned have nothing to worry about. If I get permanently banned, then I will finally spill coffee on all the questions you keep asking about my characters.

For the mercenaries who despise me and want to be rid of me, you might just get your paradise.

tumblr_o16nwwjBCc1ugi23so4_r4_400_zpsg0wb4eia.gif

I agree with you , that now the game has a lot of volatility in the connection allowing the increase of the lag, I have also seen some commenting that they have problems with the multiIcore and as host I know this problem is real . Before the migration there was more stability. Regarding BlackCipher's these days, several of my best friends as you Suwaya, that I have known since several years ago and I can defend that they have never used unauthorized programs, it is sad to see that great players loyal & honest to the community , obtain the notice of prohibition, absolutelyin this case is as false positive.

6bcec86da4a751190469f8eecfe7f5854ef30da5_hq_zpswjuejp6j.gif

In #conclusion I hope to the team solve this issue that the community worries us, but it is also true, due to the current changes in the migration, it is necessary to understand that these types of failures can happen, because the launcher and the game are still in the stage of optimization. I hope to be solved in a fair way and for see again the server more stable and guarantee the security of our accounts, greetings Suwaya and I am with you, good night. :)
    DelterosOrder5Weiss_Oswald
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    I'm sorry to hear, I really like the resources you've made, it helped me a lot. I wish you well on whatever you decide to do or go Dx
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Probably their way of getting rid of players who benefited too much from the game without spending enough money. Wouldn't be surprised.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I'm pretty sure you'll be okay. I would suggest not logging in for a bit until Nexon ever decides to fix their sh*tty blackciper cancer.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    ArishaL wrote: »
    Probably their way of getting rid of players who benefited too much from the game without spending enough money. Wouldn't be surprised.

*clears throat* Would I fall under that list?
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    who will be next