[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Trying this game out for the first time!

TomredTomred
Vindictus Rep: 710
edited December 21, 2016 in New Recruits
Hi everyone!

I'm trying out Vindictus for the first time. What are your thoughts on the game and I would appreciate any tips. Thanks!

Comments

• BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Heya, heya.

Combat is close to, if not, the best in MMOs. Everything else not so much.
    Endgame gearing is quite a exercise in the most extreme of patience (or money).

Despite all that, the combat is good that it's worth trying it out.
    GhengisJohnSaintGuinnessShizukaaDusean17Controller001
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 22, 2016
    Hi! Welcome to Vindictus. As Breadman said, there's a lot of issues you'll encounter as you play this game, so do not hesitate to come here to the forums and ask about stuff in this section. Whenever you log in as one of your characters, you'll automatically enter a chat room specific to your class, just click on that tab and you'll be able to consult people in-game as well.

Here's some really good tips for you when you get started:

1) Be sure to visit Ceara at the Mercenary Outpost when you start a character and ask her about the rookie shop. This shop is open until level 20 and provides everything you might need for free.

2) If you play on either East or West server, do not hesitate to spend gold to buy stuff because these servers are inflated with gold. If you ever run out of gold, you can sell any Magic Powder or Blessed Magic Powder at an undercut price and that should support you for quite a while. You won't need these items until you are around level 60 (probably not even until level 80 after this last update) and you can easily farm them back once you're at a higher level.
    GhengisJohn
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    edited January 4, 2017
    #Welcome to the forums @Tomred . :)

If you play on the West server you can add me , to AndromedaGM, in case if you need help or need host for raids/farm , greetings .
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Welcome to the forums :-)
  • A_Little_EerieA_Little_Eerie
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Welcome to Vindi, the game is becoming more and more new player friendly as the updates roll in.

Feel free to use the forums for all your questions.
  • NickieNickie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,470
    Tomred wrote: »
    Hi everyone!<br />
    <br />
    I'm trying out Vindictus for the first time. What are your thoughts on the game and I would appreciate any tips. Thanks!

Goodluck gearing

• AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
    Nickie wrote: »
    Hi everyone!<br />
    <br />

Goodluck gearing

Gearing isn't even that bad with the seal shop. o_o
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Anner wrote: »
    Nickie wrote: »
    Hi everyone!<br />
    <br />

Goodluck gearing

Gearing isn't even that bad with the seal shop. o_o

To be more accurate.
    Gearing to +10 level 90 weapon, level 90 armor, and some accessories is not bad at all. Especially with the seal shop.

Now gearing to +13 or higher level 90 weapon, level 90 armor, 80+ accessories, and double-enchanted on everything?
    Yeah, either be luckier than ****, spend a buttload of money, or that'll practically never happen to you. Despite the fact that every so often we'll have some gold-buyer come by and claim that it's so easy and he makes billions a day from playing the market alone and that he's made 19 separate +15 weapons by himself in the past two years, etcetc. Gearing for endgame/top performance is no joke in this game and it is what makes most veteran players quit.

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2735/retaining-players