[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Changes to Enchant Scrolls

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
edited December 13, 2016 in Future Content
Source : http://heroes.nexon.com/News/devnote/View?page=1&postno=301

Starting with the official server update, Rank 9 and Rank 8 Enchant Scrolls will NO longer destroy equipment upon enchantment failure.

Rank 7 and Rank 6 Enchant Scroll can still destroy equipment upon enchantment failure, however, the rate of enchantment failure was greatly reduced.

This December update will increase the number of places to obtain Enchant Scrolls. The acquisition of Enchant Scrolls will depend on the location and the progression of your character.

Based on the information above, character development and item preparation will proceed smoothly as possible.
ZezeKazadackBladehawk

Comments

• dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Yay. Enchanting has gotten a little easier now.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited December 13, 2016
    With the change to Enchant Scrolls, this leaves me with one question. How will this change impact prices on Enchant Scrolls in the North American Server? Cheaper? More expensive?
  • MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    QueenOfMana

With the change to Enchant Scrolls, this leaves me with one question. How will this change impact prices on Enchant Scrolls in the North American Server? Cheaper? More expensive?
    Probably see a price increase at first since people can now enchant without feeling much boomage. After awhile (I hope) price will drop and continue to balance out.
    Bladehawk
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    I'm alright with reducing RNG, but we need some sort of grind. "Smooth" character development is a slippery slope. When you're done, you're done, and then you move on.
    Monoha
    Monoha said:

QueenOfMana

Probably see a price increase at first since people can now enchant without feeling much boomage. After awhile (I hope) price will drop and continue to balance out.
    Price drops are a double edged sword. If everything is cheap, what the hell will you sell for money? I imagine if "the rate of enchantment failure was greatly reduced. = needing less scrolls to finish enchanting, price is going to dip pretty hard, pretty fast.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited December 13, 2016
    Necrochild

Price drops are a double edged sword. If everything is cheap, what the hell will you sell for money? I imagine if "the rate of enchantment failure was greatly reduced. = needing less scrolls to finish enchanting, price is going to dip pretty hard, pretty fast.
    It wouldn't if the game would be able to keep new players coming in.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited December 13, 2016
    Necrochild

It kind of depends how aggressively prices drop and if they scale across the board. Prices are relative. Even if you don't make as much money selling, if prices are down everywhere, you also don't need 40m for Enthusiastic anymore. It was the same case when rare drops like S2 mats plummeted. Yeah you only got 1m for a Lakoria Fang, but you only needed like 10m for a lvl 80 weapon as opposed to 100m.

Not to mention usually when a primary resource drops, a secondary resource is inflated to compensate, such as the case of "trash" drops being worth more when the rare materials are more common. In this case, it's likely Magic Powders and Elixirs would have some inflation.

• BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Vindictus is reeeeeeally playing around on Barney's hot/crazy scale for me right now.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    edited December 14, 2016
    Cashews
    Cashews said:

Necrochild

It kind of depends how aggressively prices drop and if they scale across the board. Prices are relative. Even if you don't make as much money selling, if prices are down everywhere, you also don't need 40m for Enthusiastic anymore. It was the same case when rare drops like S2 mats plummeted. Yeah you only got 1m for a Lakoria Fang, but you only needed like 10m for a lvl 80 weapon as opposed to 100m.

Not to mention usually when a primary resource drops, a secondary resource is inflated to compensate, such as the case of "trash" drops being worth more when the rare materials are more common. In this case, it's likely Magic Powders and Elixirs would have some inflation.

Repair costs and other sinks are not relative, and the money already exists, if it's not changing hands you don't have an economy.
    Bladehawk
  • DeafEyeAnceDeafEyeAnce
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    Necrochild

Repair costs and other sinks are not relative, and the money already exists, if it's not changing hands you don't have an economy.
    Repair costs are a separate problem all together, the game should supply you with enough money to sustain your gear throughout your lifetime. It does not.

Honestly I feel like there's no way to know what will happen to prices. Despite S2 mats dipping in price people are still pushing 90m arma pieces on the market. This change to enchant scrolls could call more people to enchant their gear since they aren't afraid to esplode them, which would increase demand. But that's assuming the game actually has more people to call, other than the 500 who still play once in a while. (I don't know the real numbers.)
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    DeafEyeAnce

Repair costs are a separate problem all together, the game should supply you with enough money to sustain your gear throughout your lifetime. It does not.
    Except in terms of repair costs you guys have it way easier than some servers. On KR repair costs are a huge gouge in our wallets xD Especially since 8m to us is like 50m-80m to NA.
    DeafEyeAnceBladehawk
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 16, 2016
    탱크블레이드

DeafEyeAnce

Except in terms of repair costs you guys have it way easier than some servers. On KR repair costs are a huge gouge in our wallets xD Especially since 8m to us is like 50m-80m to NA.
    What 탱크블레이드 said, I think NA is the easiest place for NPC-related prices. Repair fees, Enhance fees, Infusion fees, kitty boxes... all of these are easily resolved by selling a few magic powders, paradise stones, or any of the L90 replacement materials on MP. Our inflation is HUGE. So while the game really should provide you with enough gold for at least these basic things, NA already has too much gold floating around.
  • DeafEyeAnceDeafEyeAnce
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    탱크블레이드

DeafEyeAnce

While I agree that doesn't necessarily mean it's not a problem, if anything it's even more of a problem if NA has the best situation with our horribly destroyed economy.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited December 18, 2016
    Just means you guys are gonna have to adjust to the economy change. Granted our repairs do cost an arm and a leg with ours but we make it balance out somehow. A LOT of us still use regular potions because of how stingy we are. It takes much longer to heal but hey. We learn how to not get hit.

More or less the players need to work together and balance the economy as it changes. Nexon doesn't exactly control that strictly like most MMO's do. If that were the case you wouldn't be able to overprice cloth of all things :P
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Order5
    Order5 said:

탱크블레이드

What 탱크블레이드 said, I think NA is the easiest place for NPC-related prices. Repair fees, Enhance fees, Infusion fees, kitty boxes... all of these are easily resolved by selling a few magic powders, paradise stones, or any of the L90 replacement materials on MP. Our inflation is HUGE. So while the game really should provide you with enough gold for at least these basic things, NA already has too much gold floating around.
    Actually China had a way higher inflation rate, back when I was playing there +10 90s were hanging around 1B in the market.
  • korachaismynamekorachaismyname
    Vindictus Rep: 320
    QueenOfMana

with this changes from what i see lots of possible things might happened.

this are some of my opinion with no bases it might happened or might not happened lets see what tomorrow brings out.

1. drop rate of es might decrease to balance out things.
    2. success rate will decrease
    3. higher rate of unsuccessful enchanting
    4. runes that protect both es and weapon is a must.

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    "Rank 7 and Rank 6 Enchant Scroll can still destroy equipment upon enchantment failure, however, the rate of enchantment failure was greatly reduced."

There's a statement to the contrary, that the rates of failure will decrease. R7s drop in both S2 and S3 now, and there's no indication that their rates have been decreased. I don't understand speculating that way when there's nothing to indicate changes in the wrong direction.
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    edited December 18, 2016
    Incorrectly used forum grammar, pls ignore
  • CriminyCriminy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,225
    It is for the best in my most honest opinion. If anything, I see sales for scrolls improving to the point that they become scarce. No fear of destruction. No risk other than gold. Demand for them will go up since some of them are really good enchants. High demand, low supply. Don't need billions of AP to restore. Don't need $9.00 runes. I have 2 rows of scrolls in my inventory with no desire at all to use them JUST because of item destruction. Something breaks and I'm done. A mentality shared by many many players.

I don't really get the fear some have about this change ruining the economy or removing a gold sink. The sad truth is, veteran players are the only ones that can bounce back from an items blowing up. For newer players, item destruction is uninstall fuel. The whole month you were playing just poof! Gone in an instant because of some sinister money grubbing system. As harsh as this may sound, long time players do not matter. Well, not when new players coming in matters far far more. New players have to be won over so they'll stay. Invalidating their very valuable time by rewinding their progress 3-4+ weeks is not a great way to keep players playing. The low population should be all the proof of this mistake that anyone should need.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Criminy
    Criminy said:

It is for the best in my most honest opinion. If anything, I see sales for scrolls improving to the point that they become scarce. No fear of destruction. No risk other than gold. Demand for them will go up since some of them are really good enchants. High demand, low supply. Don't need billions of AP to restore. Don't need $9.00 runes. I have 2 rows of scrolls in my inventory with no desire at all to use them JUST because of item destruction. Something breaks and I'm done. A mentality shared by many many players.

I don't really get the fear some have about this change ruining the economy or removing a gold sink. The sad truth is, veteran players are the only ones that can bounce back from an items blowing up. For newer players, item destruction is uninstall fuel. The whole month you were playing just poof! Gone in an instant because of some sinister money grubbing system. As harsh as this may sound, long time players do not matter. Well, not when new players coming in matters far far more. New players have to be won over so they'll stay. Invalidating their very valuable time by rewinding their progress 3-4+ weeks is not a great way to keep players playing. The low population should be all the proof of this mistake that anyone should need.
    Would have to agree with all points, but lets add that KR still has the enhancement system where if you fail beyond 8 without a rune, it still blows up.

So even if a player manages to stick a double enchantment, they still have to deal with ferghus and his whole "OOPS Mah Hand Slip" excuse.

Honestly, how can one be renounced as a blacksmith when all they done is break more than they create?

While it may appease more to newer players, they still run the risk of blowing up their gear at any given moment, even having a weeks worth of grinding can be a total waste of time within seconds because of said RNG.

No matter how you look at it, you still have to roll the dice and hope to god that RNG doesn't screw you over just to progress through the game.

Ironically enough, even with that said about "greatly reducing destruction rate" It still has the 40% success rate and 40% destruction rate if it fails for R7/6 scrolls. It's R9 and R8 that got this buff, and they act similar to Rank A scrolls. So yeah, vague wording got a lot of players good there.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @ikarsu ^ Well a 10% decrease in boom chance is still a very great decrease. Don't expect them to not require runes I mean we get plenty enough for free from event boxes or bingo's or what have you. If you wish to purchase so you don't have to farm that's fine and dandy too :) People just need to have patience and to look for a guild/friends that will help them gear up/learn their character or a boss. That's what makes a game enjoyable is the people you play it with. I would 10/10 quit if my guildies started quitting (which i know someday they will and the game will become very dry to me)