[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Premium Videk's Safeguard Rune.

GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
Vindictus Rep: 3,540
edited November 10, 2018 in General Discussion
So I noticed in the return shop there's an item called Premium Videk's safeguard rune. At 50 tickets you might assume it's gotta be something pretty good. I mean why else would they only let you buy one of them?!? It says it let's you pick between stats so you might be thinking: "Man all I need is this one stone and I can cut through the crap, some screen will pop up and let me pick crit or bal or whatever I need." I know that's what I thought. However, it doesn't work that way. In fact I used one and absolutely nothing happened. No stat selection screen came up, I just got plus 3 willpower like I hadn't used any stone at all. My assumption now is that if you had an effect on the item you could pick between the old and new effect, but that's garbage. Bottom line, it's a piece of junk and a huge waste of tickets. Stay away from it. I would post some screen shots I took earlier but I am just too damned tired at this point. Just posting this as a PSA so that you guys avoid this thing, I could not find any info on it online so I thought I'd do the trailblazing, but sometimes when you explore uncharted territory things go horribly, horribly wrong. Tell my tickets I loved them. Blurgh. *dies*

Aw what the heck here's the images recovered from my expedition.

YnhJaA7.jpg
bmpvbYZ.jpg

Thing's worthless. Even trying to infuse again will clear negative effects, no rune required. And if you had say balance on your rings and you were hoping for crit, the odds of getting that choice are like 200 to one. Spend your tickets on something else guys.
LoLoBootyWilko
  1. Garbage item?17 votes
    1. Yes.
       0% (0 votes)
    2. YES!
       100% (17 votes)

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    You thought they'd let you get away with avoiding the biggest money sink in the game? :D
    LoLoBootyGhengisJohn
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Tell my tickets I loved them. Blurgh. *dies*
    Emerthyst wrote: »
    You thought they'd let you get away with avoiding the biggest money sink in the game? :D

Unfortunately, hope is all we really have. Rest in premiums dear tickets, John loved you.
    GhengisJohn
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Don't worry. They will think up another tier of Videk Safeguard after this. And it will still be trash.
    GhengisJohn
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    I though this rune would be more awesome, like you have a ring with +2 bal and you want to try to get +2 crit, you use 20 intermediates and you give up, but the game remembers that the item had +2 bal so you use this rune to restore that infu. Seems to be completely trash if it only remembers the last one.
    GhengisJohn