[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Should Nexon Change Vindictus's Name?

GoatanksGoatanks
Vindictus Rep: 1,060
edited June 30, 2018 in General Discussion
What kind of name is Vindictus anyway?

Are we supposed to learn morals or something for taking revenge?

When was the last time we had content about Celtic History/Mythology?

If Nexon was going to rename the game, what are some of your ideas on what they should pick?

- Mabinogi Heroes?

Or do you still like the name Vindictus?

If and when they choose to release a sequel or prequel, I would hope that they name it something other than Vindictus 2.

Comments

• BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Fashiondictus! +fight
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    Vin Diesel
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 30, 2018
    "Prices of Paradise"?
    The game seems to be a long, painful science project with excessive trial and error that has the ultimate goal of getting Erinn to be what it is in Mabinogi.

Seriously, I don't see why it needs a name change; when starting out on a character, you can have everything planned and pick a name accordingly, or just pick a name and give it meaning along the way. For consistency's sake, I would definitely like it to have the same name as other regions though.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 30, 2018
    It should be named according to the story even though they come up with an abstract name like The Timeless Paradise or The Guardian of Time or something like that. But then we should have a story that is more connected to it without unnecessary side plots.

I hope they will come up with a better story and level design suited for an action rpg if there will be a Vindictus 2, because it feels like the current story is derailed after Season 1 with copy-paste dungeons, and even Season 1 got a lot from the copy-paste. Where are the stories for each character? I'm more interested in experiencing the story of my Fiona than learning about Reilly's toy habits or Ferghus's alcoholism. The character stories should be included in the game as an intro story quest not the Wenshardt battle in my opinion, because that intro looks like something made with a story generator, poor giant spider, poor bell tower, an evil magician, a soft-hearted oracle, an army that for no reason wants to kill a fleeing creature. (i don't remember any of them saying they were attacked by it). So its whole story doesn't seem like a proper tale or mythology, because it has so many plot holes.

Also the problem with the Mabinogi name is that players that first see the title have no clue about what Mabinogi is. The same for Vindictus if someone doesn't understand latin.
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    Mabinogi Villains, is how Vindictus 2 from Villains side story, I will play Iset because is staff+scythe! eAMjEeQ.png
    Lvdvftv.gif
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    It should be named according to the story even though they come up with an abstract name like The Timeless Paradise or The Guardian of Time or something like that. But then we should have a story that is more connected to it without unnecessary side plots.

I hope they will come up with a better story and level design suited for an action rpg if there will be a Vindictus 2, because it feels like the current story is derailed after Season 1 with copy-paste dungeons, and even Season 1 got a lot from the copy-paste. Where are the stories for each character? I'm more interested in experiencing the story of my Fiona than learning about Reilly's toy habits or Ferghus's alcoholism. The character stories should be included in the game as an intro story quest not the Wenshardt battle in my opinion, because that intro looks like something made with a story generator, poor giant spider, poor bell tower, an evil magician, a soft-hearted oracle, an army that for no reason wants to kill a fleeing creature. (i don't remember any of them saying they were attacked by it). So its whole story doesn't seem like a proper tale or mythology, because it has so many plot holes.

Also the problem with the Mabinogi name is that players that first see the title have no clue about what Mabinogi is. The same for Vindictus if someone doesn't understand latin.

Season 1 is copy paste too.
    Each character has an intro when you create them.
    Wenshardt is out of control as its acting like a complete fomor. So of course the mercenaries of the town will attempt to kill a fomor. You don't have to be attacked by an animal to justify killing it. Its existence alone is a massive danger.
    Drusa wrote: »
    Wenshardt is out of control as its acting like a complete fomor. So of course the mercenaries of the town will attempt to kill a fomor. You don't have to be attacked by an animal to justify killing it. Its existence alone is a massive danger.

I mean the characters' background stories.

As for the current intro, if i were that evil magician i would have made dead bodies from those mercenaries first instead of driving the spider onto the bell tower. I mean they were defenseless on the ground with only their swords and armor. It was the worst decision from that magician to drive him into a safe ballista range. And if he was fleeing and the magician could not control him properly, then he is quite stupid to even try controlling something he can't. If we trace back what happened before, then it was probably the magician releasing Wenshardt from the chains, then he was fleeing away from the town up onto the bell tower, and the tower is quite far from Colhen and Rocheste. They could have defended themselves near the towns instead of going after a fleeing spider and even risking the soldiers' lives in an open field against a monster.
  • DrusaDrusa
    edited July 4, 2018

I mean the characters' background stories.

As for the current intro, if i were that evil magician i would have made dead bodies from those mercenaries first instead of driving the spider onto the bell tower. I mean they were defenseless on the ground with only their swords and armor. It was the worst decision from that magician to drive him into a safe ballista range. And if he was fleeing and the magician could not control him properly, then he is quite stupid to even try controlling something he can't. If we trace back what happened before, then it was probably the magician releasing Wenshardt from the chains, then he was fleeing away from the town up onto the bell tower, and the tower is quite far from Colhen and Rocheste. They could have defended themselves near the towns instead of going after a fleeing spider and even risking the soldiers' lives in an open field against a monster.

It can argued that the spider is their responsibility due to the fact that the oracle of Colhen is Tieve and due to those reasons they have a responsibility to chase after the threat to eliminate any potential threat that the spider could pose in the future. Also I'm not entirely sure if he had full control of the spider as the magic was just having its first field test against something, so there's room for speculation. Logically, of course, if the intention was to wreak havoc etc. then of course, sending the spider to attack the tower and the swordsmen would have been a much more optimal choice, however, the issues is again as I've mentioned earlier is that the lizardboi wasn't able to fully control the spider so it went ballistic and you can sort of quote Tieve on saying that he was scared and when someone or something is scared they become irrational. Furthermore, perhaps the chase (if there was any) for the spider lead it to the bell tower simply to just enable the mercenaries to use the ballistae hence why the fear factor plays in. If you have a domesticated pet, if you can even call a gigantic spider that, but for speculation purposes we'll go with it, then something that is domesticated is far more tame and timid than a non domesticated animal, in this case an arachnid. Of course it's all magic bonkers but since Tieve was able to communicate with the spider then it just leaves room for saying that, "Yes you have a domesticated pet and it will listen to you cause there is actual communication".
    edited July 5, 2018
    It can argued that the spider is their responsibility due to the fact that the oracle of Colhen is Tieve and due to those reasons they have a responsibility to chase after the threat to eliminate any potential threat that the spider could pose in the future. Also I'm not entirely sure if he had full control of the spider as the magic was just having its first field test against something, so there's room for speculation. Logically, of course, if the intention was to wreak havoc etc. then of course, sending the spider to attack the tower and the swordsmen would have been a much more optimal choice, however, the issues is again as I've mentioned earlier is that the lizardboi wasn't able to fully control the spider so it went ballistic and you can sort of quote Tieve on saying that he was scared and when someone or something is scared they become irrational. Furthermore, perhaps the chase (if there was any) for the spider lead it to the bell tower simply to just enable the mercenaries to use the ballistae hence why the fear factor plays in. If you have a domesticated pet, if you can even call a gigantic spider that, but for speculation purposes we'll go with it, then something that is domesticated is far more tame and timid than a non domesticated animal, in this case an arachnid. Of course it's all magic bonkers but since Tieve was able to communicate with the spider then it just leaves room for saying that, "Yes you have a domesticated pet and it will listen to you cause there is actual communication".

I know that Verafim was experimenting with the fomorian domination spell, but i can't accept Aodhan's decision to kill Wenshardt, because you know a guardian is quite an important being, and they should have seen that the controlling of him wasn't very effective, so he wasn't that much danger to them that Tieve told them. I feel like they just wanted to add more drama to it by messing up things, and more importantly to show off Havoc's pre-rendered rigid body physics by choosing the bell tower as the scene's location. It's all about the visuals rather than the story.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Perhaps. It's all speculation anyway, the prologue is just by itself with a few tiny references to Wenshardt throughout the game's story.
  • YukuosYukuos
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    I LIEK 2 CALL IT REST IN PEECES

PEECE OF SHET GAEM