[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Can't use items or skills during a cutscene

SizzLorrSizzLorr
Vindictus Rep: 510
in General Discussion
I've noticed recently that I can no longer use items during a cutscene, usually this isn't a big problem, but it is impactful in certain situations. The two biggest scenarios I've noticed are during the final Neamhain phase, where most people repair their armor during the cutscene, I am no longer able to click the armor repair kit in my quickslot. This means I have to either beat the clock and repair before the cutscene or not repair at all. The other situation is more crucial and makes it so that I lose dps as a Staff Evie. One of the common tricks as a Staff Evie is to start the animation for Rage Conductor (Laser Beam) during a boss cutscene and when skip it when the animation is ready for early deeps. This problem has only occurred recently and I am posting to see if anyone else has experienced this or possibly has a solution. Many thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• SizzLorrSizzLorr
    Well I asked around and it seems that it may have been patched out, but I have no confirmation. If anyone is able to confirm that items and skills are no longer usable during cutscenes please do.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    no longer usable since rise.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    Is this also true of pvp items like the Cat Statue?
  • MyayenMyayen
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    I'm pretty sure you can't use items during the cutscenes now. :c
    I can't use Rage Conductor anymore or my cat statue (I think any PvP artifact doesn't work either), so I assume you can't really use anything. o-o
    Also, I'm pretty sure this was patched when Rise came like the comment above.
  • SizzLorrSizzLorr
    I see, what a shame. Just learning how to play as staff Evie and the Rage Conductor in the cutscene was a pivotal move.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Odd, I can still use SP pots during Dullahan's opening scene. Maybe just neam?

• MyayenMyayen
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    SizzLorr wrote: »
    I see, what a shame. Just learning how to play as staff Evie and the Rage Conductor in the cutscene was a pivotal move.

It really is a shame. QAQ
    Starting the raids without having to charge for it was really nice. I mean you can always use Continuous Focus on a Tier 4 Spell and go straight from there, but yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ikevi wrote: »
    Odd, I can still use SP pots during Dullahan's opening scene. Maybe just neam?
    I'm not sure how you still used SP pots because I tried it and it didn't work. o.o
    I don't think anything works during cut scenes now, but feel free to correct me if I was wrong. C:
    And I've never really done Neamhain before, so I actually don't even know if items work during their cut scenes post-Rise. o-o
  • ReziRezi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    I was able to use an HP pot and walk around during the Ingkells cutscene. Bug maybe?