[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is it me or there are more ghost boats again?

ZeroheartZeroheart
Vindictus Rep: 7,740
in General Discussion
Ever tried joining a boat but you will automatically get kick off the boat when boarding? I been experiencing a couple boat like that per day , hasn't happen in a long time.
  1. Getting ghost boats21 votes
    1. Yes a few times
       52% (11 votes)
    2. Never seen them
       19% (4 votes)
    3. TEH GAME IZ DEAD !!! THAT Y UZ GETTING GH0ST
       29% (6 votes)

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited July 11, 2017
    Usually it is because the host is trying to get a friend in.
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    Which boats are you trying? For 'end-game' 3/4 party boats, what ikevi said is probably the case. However lower level boats recently (since the New/Returning buff event) often boot people if the host is using two or more accounts and is ashamed/trying to hide that they are doing it (even though it isn't necessarily against the rules). That said, I have had a handful of times where its clear that when I zone in, the party already started the 'introduction transition' and I have been booted a few times from that. I've also actually zoned in after the party has been transferred to the instance (but not me), so I see the UI when a new map starts, but everyone else is placed next to each other and never move (and I'm still on the boat)...
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    If you get into the loading screen and then get booted back to town, you simply got kicked. Though I did experience one boat that appeared for almost a week on EU, where you got an error message whenever you tried to join it. But that got fixed with a maintenance.
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    we def have ghost boats again...same host name, boat is on the board all day long, trying to join gets you instantly returned to town.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    If it's 3/4 boat and you get ported back to town immediately in 95% cases it just means instant kick from host who is saving the spot for someone.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited July 11, 2017
    Nah, on East, Pillar is just hosting 24/7 glas, no worries