[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How should I go about returning?

TreebeardTreebeard
Vindictus Rep: 400
edited June 15, 2017 in General Discussion
Hi, I've been away from Vindictus for a good 3 years or so (even then it was only for 2 months). Back when I played the most, the hardest boss was the one that dropped Raider gear, and Raid Hunter was the God of Vindictus, to give you insight.

Anyway, now that I'm wanting to play again, I'm not sure where to start or what to do. I recently came back to my lvl 78 Lann and 48 Karok. The Lann has about 140k AP, and the Karok has about 60k. I don't know how strong Lann is anymore, and after doing some research it seems like Kai is the #1 DPS right now. I don't mind playing a new character, but the idea of starting over on AP and Trans levels or whatever seems like a huge set back in time. Would it be worth doing this in comparison to what I have now? Is Lann decent nowadays? I always used Sword Lann in my time for boss soloing because I enjoyed the difficulty of it, but I imagine times have changed since my day.

After giving most of my stuff away to friends before I quit, I'm left with about 100-150m to work with between my two accounts from what I can see. My main question of this all is whether or not it'd be worth sticking to my Lann, or even my Karok, or if it would be more beneficial to move onto a new character that's more reliable. Not only for it's abilities in raids, but also the range in which there's equipment readily on the market at end game. And with that said, how far can I get nowadays into the meta, or even just being able to be in a raid without getting kicked, with the money I have?

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited June 15, 2017
    1. Wait untill 21st when RISE update hits live servers
    2. Create any female char since they're all strong (Lynn being an exception)
    3. Move all the transferable items to that new char
    4. Get to lv90, claim yer free +10 lv90 gears
    5. Enjoy your fully decked out waifu
    Xie
  • TreebeardTreebeard
    1. Wait untill 21st when RISE update hits live servers
    2. Create any female char since they're all strong (Lynn being an exception)
    3. Move all the transferable items to that new char
    4. Get to lv90, claim yer free +10 lv90 gears
    5. Enjoy your fully decked out waifu

The character requires being created after the update hits to receive the free armor? And you get +10 armors for free now? Jeez. That used to be God tier.
    edited June 15, 2017
    The character requires not to claim the lv90 rewards prior to patch. Just to be doubly sure.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited June 15, 2017
    Well Lynn is pretty strong far as damage, there as been lynns(that know what there are doing) that can out dps me in sandbag bosses, me using my bow with 90+speed, but anyway just pick the class you like most, all the classes pretty much do about the same damage just depends on the situation.
  • TreebeardTreebeard
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Well Lynn is pretty strong far as damage, there as been lynns(that know what there are doing) that can out dps me in sandbag bosses, me using my bow with 90+speed

Ah, I have a Lann and not a Lynn.
    The character requires not to claim the lv90 rewards prior to patch. Just to be doubly sure.

Thanks! So it sounds like I could start leveling the character now, as I doubt it takes less than 6 days to get to level 90 from 1, right? Unless they made leveling incredibly easy now as well. Also, from what you said, I'm assuming the AP loss from changing to a new character isn't that important?
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    For Sword lann atm takes a bit of practice and isn't the best for damage, but can be done just a high skill ceiing
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    If you haven't logged in yet, don't

You may get free +10 lv90 set and weapon for returning mercenary when RISE comes.
  • TreebeardTreebeard
    Puppyman wrote: »
    If you haven't logged in yet, don't

You may get free +10 lv90 set and weapon for returning mercenary when RISE comes.

Already logged into my Lann/Karok to check what they still had on them, and to see how pricing has changed on the game. I could wait to make the Kai (I think I've decided on him now) before the update happens though. If that doesn't matter now, I'll likely start working on him now then.

Where is the free +10 armor sourced from? I couldn't find it in any of the leaked RISE update changes.
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I would say play whatever you think is more fun.

If you really like Lann, keep it, play it, gear it, play it some more, and be happy.

If you feel like starting a new character would be more fun and engaging, do as people say. Wait until rise comes up, it will smooth character leveling stuff, giving you a completly new experience of leveling a character.

Also, if you keep your Lann, I'd also say suggest you to wait for RISE update before receiving the lvl 90 Character growth gift, that's where your +10 armor and weapon come from.
    Treebeard wrote: »
    Where is the free +10 armor sourced from? I couldn't find it in any of the leaked RISE update changes.
    This Thread links to this document and somewhere at the document there's:
    [ Character Growth Goals ]
    We have made changes to the Character Growth Goals’ level reward.
    Players can now see which item they will get as their next reward.
    Enhancement Runes, Enchant Runes, Item Revival Scrolls, etc. wilWe have made changes to the Character Growth Goals’ level reward.
    l be rewarded.
    Following the Enchant changes, enchants on equipment will change.
    This applies to the ‘Level 90 Weapon, Armor Full Set’.
    Weapon - Enhanced Divine Punishment OOO
    Armor - Well-Balanced, Enthusiastic, Sentinel, Resistant, etc.
    And
    [ Story Reward Equipment ]
    Players will receive enhanced and enchanted equipment as story reward from some main stories.
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Wait till 21st to catch the gifts from the game (leveling gifts, new story rewards, etc)
    Have fun.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Walk the other way and never look back. You already got out once, don't fall for it again and come back!
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited June 16, 2017
    @Treebeard its best to start leveling new character after Rises come out becuase they made leveling extremely convient and change the exp gained from story to the point where you won't have to grind to lvl up like the current lvling experience.
  • TreebeardTreebeard
    edited June 16, 2017
    Silentine wrote: »
    Wait till 21st to catch the gifts from the game (leveling gifts, new story rewards, etc)
    Have fun.
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    @Treebeard its best to start leveling new character after Rises come out becuase they made leveling extremely convient and change the exp gained from story to the point where you won't have to grind to lvl up like the current lvling experience.

Do I have to wait until the 21st before creating the account for the bonus/story to apply to me?
    I would say play whatever you think is more fun.

If you really like Lann, keep it, play it, gear it, play it some more, and be happy.

If you feel like starting a new character would be more fun and engaging, do as people say. Wait until rise comes up, it will smooth character leveling stuff, giving you a completly new experience of leveling a character.

Also, if you keep your Lann, I'd also say suggest you to wait for RISE update before receiving the lvl 90 Character growth gift, that's where your +10 armor and weapon come from.
    This Thread links to this document and somewhere at the document there's:
    [ Character Growth Goals ]
    We have made changes to the Character Growth Goals’ level reward.
    Enhancement Runes, Enchant Runes, Item Revival Scrolls, etc. wilWe have made changes to the Character Growth Goals’ level reward.
    l be rewarded.
    Following the Enchant changes, enchants on equipment will change.
    This applies to the ‘Level 90 Weapon, Armor Full Set’.
    Weapon - Enhanced Divine Punishment OOO
    Armor - Well-Balanced, Enthusiastic, Sentinel, Resistant, etc.
    And
    [ Story Reward Equipment ]
    Players will receive enhanced and enchanted equipment as story reward from some main stories.

It's not that I necessarily enjoy Lann, but more so that I have so much time already invested in him and the amount of AP that's been building over the course of the past several years that I'm not sure if I could grind it out again. I don't remember how quick it was (or is now) to gather AP, so I'm not sure how long 150k~ AP would take to get on a new character.

Right now though, if it doesn't matter, my two choices I've boiled it down to are Karok and Kai. Not really sure of the pros and cons of the two, but my Karok would start off with about 60k AP.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    edited June 16, 2017
    @Treebeard you don't have to wait for the 21/when Rise comes out, it jsut you might have small difficulty leveling when ti does come out and early game stuff changes slightly. So you might have to grind a lil bit here and there since you weren't gainign the added exp that Rise gives you.

The other reason why it best to level a new char when Rise comes out is that they getting rid of all useless drops from early game, making clear side quest much easier and they changed how early dungeon looks aswell.

For now you can: make a new char now and deal with any grind you might need to do later on; play a character you already created a while ago for the fun factor then create a new char when Rise comes out; or wait till Rise comes out to create/play a newly made character.
    It's not that I necessarily enjoy Lann, but more so that I have so much time already invested in him and the amount of AP that's been building over the course of the past several years that I'm not sure if I could grind it out again. I don't remember how quick it was (or is now) to gather AP, so I'm not sure how long 150k~ AP would take to get on a new character.

Right now though, if it doesn't matter, my two choices I've boiled it down to are Karok and Kai. Not really sure of the pros and cons of the two, but my Karok would start off with about 60k AP.

Getting AP nowa days is much easier then it was along time ago, raids currently gives 50 ap always, you also have nif for first clear that gives 400 ap, you also have abys arena that give around 400ap and you also have the progress reward that gives you capsole that range from 100-1k ap per level/clear achievements, you also get warm welcome boxes that give 3x 30ap and 1x 50 per day, and lastly you can just buy a bloody shade nx from amrket that gives 80+ ap per 1hour at the cost of one fine hp pot per use.

So reguardless of what character you picked you'll be supplied a good amount of AP as you progress through the game unlike before when you took a long break from the game
  • TreebeardTreebeard
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    @Treebeard you don't have to wait for the 21/when Rise comes out, it jsut you might have small difficulty leveling when ti does come out and early game stuff changes slightly. So you might have to grind a lil bit here and there since you weren't gainign the added exp that Rise gives you.

The other reason why it best to level a new char when Rise comes out is that they getting rid of all useless drops from early game, making clear side quest much easier and they changed how early dungeon looks aswell.

For now you can: make a new char now and deal with any grind you might need to do later on; play a character you already created a while ago for the fun factor then create a new char when Rise comes out; or wait till Rise comes out to create/play a newly made character.

Getting AP nowa days is much easier then it was along time ago, raids currently gives 50 ap always, you also have nif for first clear that gives 400 ap, you also have abys arena that give around 400ap and you also have the progress reward that gives you capsole that range from 100-1k ap per level/clear achievements, you also get warm welcome boxes that give 3x 30ap and 1x 50 per day, and lastly you can just buy a bloody shade nx from amrket that gives 80+ ap per 1hour at the cost of one fine hp pot per use.

So reguardless of what character you picked you'll be supplied a good amount of AP as you progress through the game unlike before when you took a long break from the game

Oh wow, those options for AP are insane. I'll definitely be creating a new character then. Back when I played, you were limited in raids per day, and every dungeon had lower and lower AP rewards the more completed tasks in each dungeon were finished if I remember correctly.
    Mind you that newer characters also have much lower AP caps. For example Delia caps at around 42-45k while Evie at 146k?
  • TreebeardTreebeard
    Mind you that newer characters also have much lower AP caps. For example Delia caps at around 42-45k while Evie at 146k?

Oh awesome. I think Kai was released a few months after I quit the last time when I came back for a couple months to try out the new update. I'm not sure what his cap is, but if it's less than Lann that's always nice :) I also imagine I won't need to cap him, as I'll be going with Xgun, as that's the best option for him from what I've read. Still have 5 days to decide which character I'll run though. Sylas looked pretty cool but I haven't seen him in any of the top DPS discussions. Karok is also an option but when I played him last time, he was sort of boring and just a face tanker. Arisha also looks nice but I hear her I-frames are difficult if there's lag, and Vindictus has never been very well optimized so she sounds like a headache.

So we shall see!
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Sadly both support relate classes are subpar in dps, they do good damage but not top dps worthy damage versus other char with same skill lvl and gear. Both Staff evie and Sylas will be below the other top dps class. They fall under the mid ranges to high mid range in the in x person opinion dps tier list. But if you more skilled then x person then U'll most likely out dps them with those classes.