[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Brynn no longer available

Somebody16Somebody16
Vindictus Rep: 320
in Bug Reporting
Now, I am upto quest "Brynn's Reagent" on Season 3. My issue is - I just dropped 1 mil buying a Bloodlust Enchant Scroll. I goto Brynn to do the enchant.......only to find out that the option to enchant (or buy/craft anything) from Brynn is no longer available as when I goto visit him, all he says is "I must head to Ben Chenner myself." and then the only option is to end the conversation. See link for screenshot:
https://imghost.io/image/cG3B8
Clicking End just closes the conversation and repeated clicking on Brynn just brings up the same line of text and none of the buy, craft or enchant options appear. I can try to finish the "Brynn's Reagent" quest, however I'm a solo player who's only lvl80 and it's very difficult to solo S3 quests at lvl80. So here I am, 1mil down on an enchant scroll I can't use and that will expire in a few days. If this can't be rectified, I would very much like to have my 1 mil back....

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Ask someone to help you progress the story, so Brynn returns to his lab. Not an actual bug.
  • Somebody16Somebody16
    Well I'm on the Aus server which is pretty dead....

As for Brynn - he certainly looks like he's there to me. I mean, wouldn't he be greyed out like other absent NPCs when they're gone? Besides, needing to finish a quest to get access again to a core part of the game is beyond silly....

If only S3 had an Easy mode to make it solo-friendly like S1/2 are.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    It's poor design, but not technically a bug. It's been reported since S3 launched and has yet to be fixed.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    You have to either zerg Regina through GGs or hope to get carried. I experienced the same issue.
  • Somebody16Somebody16
    Ugh, so I gotta finish the quest to get enchanting back? Talk about dumb.

Whatever, I'll just take the 1mil loss if it comes to it. Thanks for the responses guys.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited May 6, 2017
    Use the Enchant tab at the upper left-hand corner of the screen once you enter the Magic Laboratory. If you absolutely have to, you can participate in the Cherry Fishing event and exchange the tickets for Goddess Graces and Merc Potions to help you faceroll the boss.
  • Somebody16Somebody16
    Order5 wrote: »
    Use the Enchant tab at the upper left-hand corner of the screen once you enter the Magic Laboratory.

Oh my goodness do I feel stupid. Did just that and enchantment is done.

Many, many thanks. I'll try to be more perceptive with myself next time.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Use the Enchant tab at the upper left-hand corner of the screen once you enter the Magic Laboratory. If you absolutely have to, you can participate in the Cherry Fishing event and exchange the tickets for Goddess Graces and Merc Potions to help you faceroll the boss.

There is a point where you can't even use the buttons to do it that way, though I believe is only for one specific mission.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900

There is a point where you can't even use the buttons to do it that way, though I believe is only for one specific mission.

Perhaps, but the major complaint at season 3 launch was simply that you couldn't talk to Brynn about anything, and hence couldn't unlock Flovian.