[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Stealth change to enhancing?

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
I remember a long time ago, you used to boom weapons and get 50% of all the mats you spent. So you could easily get hundreds of empowered stones depending on how many you used to +10 a weapon. This was when the level cap was 70 (colhen raids were out at this point) and people were usually booming level 60 weapons.

But now the amount of mats you get back is based on the minimum amount of mats you used, rather than the actual amount...so if you try to +11 a level 90 weapon and boom it, you only get back 45 paradise stones, even if you spent 200+ to get there in the first place. The game doesnt appear to track the amount of stones you spent per weapon and give you 50% of it back anymore, you only get 50% of the minimum amount.

Anyone happen to know when this was changed?

Comments

• EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    idk about the past. but ive been playing since 2014 and this has been the norm for a long time. Getting back the amount of stones it takes with 0 booms only
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    It never tracked stones in the first place. It has always been a set amount based on the enhancement lvl.
  • FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    I wonder if they changed it in a way so the system can estimate for +10-+15 coupons.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    They changed it when they changed second fail of enhanced item and no mats back
  • myrngsucksmyrngsucks
    Vindictus Rep: 800
    Been here since beta, I don't think that was ever a thing? Always got back the set amount of stones it takes to get to that enhance rank assuming no failures. Could be wrong though.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited March 8, 2017
    myrngsucks wrote: »
    Been here since beta, I don't think that was ever a thing? Always got back the set amount of stones it takes to get to that enhance rank assuming no failures. Could be wrong though.

You are correct. You stones back equal to half the amount it would consume if you never failed, rounded down.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235

Im pretty sure there are old screenshots floating around of people booming level 60/70 weapons and getting back hundreds of empo stones.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Question2 wrote: »

Im pretty sure there are old screenshots floating around of people booming level 60/70 weapons and getting back hundreds of empo stones.

I'm one of the players who actually boomed lvl 61 weapons in 2011.. and nope.. it's not any different. You do not get hundreds of stones.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Question2 wrote: »

Should link them when you do, cause its always been a set amount after failure.