[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Does vindictus run on a tablet?

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
in General Discussion
Has anyone tried to install & play Vindictus on a tablet? If so -- what type of tablet?

Comments

• PortalsPortals
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    Microsoft Surface tablets have Windows installed and can basically run anything a low end PC can run. I know someone who occasionally plays the game on one of these, but the performance is like playing on a cheap laptop.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    edited February 14, 2017
    This tutorial just popped up yesterday: http://imgur.com/a/pY2sA

TF2 is similar to Vindictus in age and that it also runs on old Source, so when I saw this Vindictus was the first game I thought of. The laptop I used to run this game on all the time is only slightly better spec'd than that tablet. The only problem is that Vindictus uses 2gb+ of memory sometimes, especially if you leave it on for a long time, so you would want a model with a lot of RAM if such a thing exists. I'm not sure if you can get something like that for very cheap though.
    Order5
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited February 14, 2017
    Portals wrote: »
    Microsoft Surface tablets have Windows installed and can basically run anything a low end PC can run. I know someone who occasionally plays the game on one of these, but the performance is like playing on a cheap laptop.

This "someone" i guess it's me. I take my surface pro 4 with me anytime i travel and I'll play vindi on it with everything set to low. Runs smooth which means that no temporal shift on my arisha (i turned other player's effect off). 60fps most of the time, it heats up fairly quick but never over heated. I try to run raids as little as possible, but I've managed to golden some ein lachers even.
  • YaMoYaMo
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    I can also vouch for Surface Pro 4.

just tested the i7 version and it runs smoother than you'd expect
    about 40-60fps on medium settings
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    edited February 14, 2017
    game doesnt even run smooth with a high end cpu
  • zerakzerak
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    The game runs fine on a Surface Pro 2 with graphics on normal setting about 30-40 fps (number 5), and runs even better if brought all the way down to lowest 60 fps(number 1), just dont think your going to be able to host more than about 3-4 people for a party, it is recommended to get a 8 gig version as vindictus uses a lot of resources now. The surface pro 3 and 4 can run it but not well as they have a throttling issue with the CPU which is a widely known issue due to heat dispersal issues, even using intels XTU tool to alter the CPU and internal GPU wont improve performance much. So pretty much any windows tablet with a cpu of i5 to i7 should run the game fine, just not any of the new tablets as the TPD on them is horrible and continues to get worse(or with the surface 3 and 4 it will have a hardware throttle to avoid overheating).

How do i know it works? I constantly play Vindictus on my surface pro 2, it has 4 gig ram, and is the i5-4200U @ 1.60GHz-2.60GHz, keep in mind the tablet keeps a constant fps regardless if plugged in or not.
    I also tested on my surface pro 4 I7-6650u 16 gig ram, the game barely ran and froze constantly while in game with horrendous lag, quickly returned it.