[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

It seems they nerfed Decisive Battle again

BoatGodBoatGod
Vindictus Rep: 2,575
edited December 31, 2016 in General Discussion
poor Gnoll Chieftan, even lv 2 rookies can beat you
imageimage

right forgot forums is broken so here's a link
http://i.imgur.com/apUpucG.jpg
Bladehawk

Comments

• RenkotsuRenkotsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Man i remember back in 2010 when you would get 1 -2 shotted by him ,we used to throw rock at him to kill off good time
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited December 31, 2016
    "
    Renkotsu
    Renkotsu said:

Man i remember back in 2010 when you would get 1 -2 shotted by him ,we used to throw rock at him to kill off good time
    "

We also used to use chain hooks on him back in the day when we weren't throwing broken stone pillar shards at him, RIP chain hooks.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    How can peeps even enter the battle at level 2? I thought that area was locked until level 10.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited January 1, 2017
    6 years ago you had to be lvl 17 to even have a decent chance to solo him. Also......I'm 100% positive that's either an exploit or some private server because it's impossible to do that battle at lvl 2 due to level requirements xD

• IkarsuIkarsu
    탱크블레이드

6 years ago you had to be lvl 17 to even have a decent chance to solo him. Also......I'm 100% positive that's either an exploit or some private server because it's impossible to do that battle at lvl 2 due to level requirements xD

Exploit most likely. I seen that happening before and I went "what" the first time around. It could be that some peeps found a way to access it earlier than intended? It is ONIXceptible.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Keep in mind that back then, characters were also much weaker than they are now. Lann/Fiona are still the weakest characters in the game outside of some niche situations and staff evie's firebolt was on a long cooldown so you had to rely on melee attacks.

Ive heard they nerfed the speeds of early game bosses at some point, so its a double whammy effect.
  • V0lterixV0lterix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,555
    Question2
    Question2 said:

Keep in mind that back then, characters were also much weaker than they are now. Lann/Fiona are still the weakest characters in the game outside of some niche situations and staff evie's firebolt was on a long cooldown so you had to rely on melee attacks.

Ive heard they nerfed the speeds of early game bosses at some point, so its a double whammy effect.

Well at least fiona's popularity will be rising whenever Neamhain is added to NA.

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited January 1, 2017
    V0lterix
    V0lterix said:

Well at least fiona's popularity will be rising whenever Neamhain is added to NA.

Why do you think that? I assume folks are only going to want to do Neamhain on the characters they play a lot to get the stats, no reason to suddenly use an unused alt a lot since it isn't the drops you are going after.

As for main topic... well they nerfed this boss so much that for the last few years he hasn't been anything but a grunt. Doubt they can even manage getting the break without killing him first.

(And I had noticed the lvl restrictions were different. I remember before it was almost impossible to get 2 lv 10 or lowers for the oath.)
  • SanuienSanuien
    Vindictus Rep: 2,720
    This is almost sad to look at... we've sank to low
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    I wonder if anyone is even asking for nerfs or complaining that bosses are too hard and even then isn't that what easy and normal mode was for? I mean I get that the devs want to get new players to the end game content fast but it's kind of counter productive if they make it so boring where new players won't even bother to try to get to end game
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    @Kurs You have no idea how developers cater to the Murican fanatics. This is what people wanted. An easier Early game where they fail to realize that it gets boring to the point it's like meh, what's the point? It's really funny how people whine for things and when they get them, they just go up and leave. We got Easy mode, and people became bored and left the game because of how easy the game can get.

Meanwhile by the time you get to season 2, your armor rating is so bad that you get one shotted by the boss and people complain about how difficult the season is... when peeps still have LEVEL 20 ARMOR with a level 60 weapon that is at or below +5 with no enchants of some form that can't even lay a single dent to said boss to unlock 70 recipes.

Eventually the game will change where S1 will be so linear that you are being hand held throughout the entirety of season 1, to which many players ABSOLUTELY HATE, myself included.
  • RenkotsuRenkotsu
    How can they enjoy the new content if they steamroll season 1-2 ,they are gonna have a hard time meeting these attack requirement when they have almost no gold and crappy gears , attack requirement is dumb,the old vindictus was better in that term , since no one had +11-15 back then ,a system where the player with the most hit on boss does the most damages would be interesting instead of the way it's currently is, but im not sure it would work ,kai would probably alway be the one doing the most dps
  • RenkotsuRenkotsu
    edited January 1, 2017
    I also think they where a bit more creative with the boss attack move back then , and not relying on cheap unblockables move like most season 3 boss
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited January 1, 2017
    Renkotsu
    Renkotsu said:

I also think they where a bit more creative with the boss attack move back then , and not relying on cheap unblockables move like most season 3 boss
    Just remember the first bosses were designed for lann's slip dash of ~0.4 seconds... They couldn't do huge long multi-attacks unless they wanted to kill everyone. (Bloodlord was really the first boss that had a lot to dodge... and evies would always use up their stockpile of heals in a run, course we didn't have many hp pots either ;-)

Now to make the game hard they have to do crazy long combos + toss in moves that invulnerable moves don't work against.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited January 3, 2017
    Lol this thread.

Easy mode isnt an american only thing. Devcat doesnt code stuff like this purely for NA.

New players are not quitting because "it is too easy". They are quitting once they realise they need to spend money on runes to make +10 double enchanted weapons for endgame or because it is "too hard to level". I just recently spoke to several players in the mid 40s who quit and refused to come back because it takes too long to reach end game and one mentioned some MMORPG (Tera i think?) where you can apparently reach end game in one day. I had one player reach the early 60s only to quit because the bosses in formorion base were "too difficult". I think he ended up switching to Tera. Several other players quit because "nobody else does low level missions" because 95% of the playerbase are either at endgame or soloing low level content on alts.

If anything, new players want it easier, not harder. Theres also the problem that new players have very limited ways to make gold...anything of value that they can sell is also something that they need to hoard for later use, like powders.

TBH, the game's progression started going downhill from drags onwards, before then it was easy to get decent gear for end game content. I remember when you could make the lagho set and weapon by yourself in just a few days max, no hardcore grinding needed. Most roch stuff was easy to make too. Drags and s2 was "do raids every day for 3 months and not get a single rare drop".

Even people with the OP level 80 event gear basically do no damage in s3 so they need to be carried to get recipes. It should never have been this hard to get a decent attack for end game content, because that just makes people give up and quit.

The progression is so bad now that a new player by himself with no help isnt going to have the appropriate gear to solo s2 level 70 when he reaches level 80, let alone doing any level 80 content. Any new players who are actually staying at this point are most likely getting tons of help from their guild/friends or else they would have no gold/gear and would be kicked from most boats.
    BladehawkJackNitro
  • RenkotsuRenkotsu
    It's a damn shame i quit the game when rocheste was released back then , i think level 60 should have been the cap , once season 2 hit it all started goin downhill
  • RenkotsuRenkotsu
    edited January 3, 2017
    Also the boat search feature is horribly designed ,they should really fix that by making a tab to view all current dungeon in all the different city
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Kurs
    Kurs said:

I wonder if anyone is even asking for nerfs or complaining that bosses are too hard and even then isn't that what easy and normal mode was for? I mean I get that the devs want to get new players to the end game content fast but it's kind of counter productive if they make it so boring where new players won't even bother to try to get to end game
    ---------------
    Apparently a lot of players in KR were asking for nerfs across the board. It seems to make a bit of sense, as there was dumbing down of a lot of games at the same time. BDO, for instance, had a lot of the massive changes that came with it at launch in KR due to players there asking for a much more 'casual' experience, though honestly the tweaks that were made in that regard I really don't see as addressing that.

It often seem strange to witness what developers do when they say that they're 'listening' to player concerns.