[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Migration Schedule Update

Comments

• DesireOfMineDesireOfMine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,650
    edited November 15, 2016
    Menrva
    Menrva said:

DesireOfMine

Quinque
    Quinque said:

Merge EU with AUS, West with East. Open up the servers to South America.
    ...and then drop a fu*kin nuke on all of it.

fyi the server had it's IP block lifted from South America for about a month last month from what I assume was testing/a mistake on Nexon's part, and I bet you didn't even notice a difference while Southies were playing on your server.

I think that merging West with East + service opened for SA could work, simply because the distance isn't as huge... but merging EU with any of other servers or moving our servers location outside EU, would be the biggest mistake ever. Comparatively, the distance from NA servers to SA region... is around twice as short than from NA servers to central EU (other words it would be twice bigger ping for EU, in a range of 200-300 minimum... there is just no way to play a game like Vindictus with this kind of ping).

Edit:
    Actually i've just checked with map, and it's not twice that... more like x1.5, but still it's just too much to have 200-300 ping (which i've experienced when trying NA on VPN some time ago).
    As for SA, even if the ping would be big, well it wouldn't be as big as for EU in this kind of situation, but if they have no Vindictus service provided in there... it's always some extra few clients. Better something than nothing i guess... (unless it would affect performance of East/West making the service worse for them).
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    edited November 15, 2016
    DesireOfMine

Menrva
    Menrva said:

DesireOfMine

Quinque
    Quinque said:

Merge EU with AUS, West with East. Open up the servers to South America.
    ...and then drop a fu*kin nuke on all of it.

fyi the server had it's IP block lifted from South America for about a month last month from what I assume was testing/a mistake on Nexon's part, and I bet you didn't even notice a difference while Southies were playing on your server.

I think that merging West with East + service opened for SA could work, simply because the distance isn't as huge... but merging EU with any of other servers or moving our servers location outside EU, would be the biggest mistake ever. Comparatively, the distance from NA servers to SA region... is around twice as short than from NA servers to central EU (other words it would be twice bigger ping for EU, in a range of 200-300 minimum... there is just no way to play a game like Vindictus with this kind of ping).

Edit:
    Actually i've just checked with map, and it's not twice that... more like x1.5, but still it's just too much to have 200-300 ping (which i've experienced when trying NA on VPN some time ago).
    As for SA, even if the ping would be big, well it wouldn't be as big as for EU in this kind of situation, but if they have no Vindictus service provided in there... it's always some extra few clients. Better something than nothing i guess... (unless it would affect performance of East/West making the service worse for them).

tbh Australia has the raw deal here they have a server on West Coast NA in California which is actually further away than EU-California hell even California to Trabzon in Turkey which is about the furthest that EU covers short of using a VPN is less distance than California to Sydney Australia and thats one of the Closer points in Australia so yeh....
  • Ratchet1902Ratchet1902
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited November 17, 2016
    :/ I'm kinda sad to read this thread, I was really looking forward to the " great " migration, but I just really hope that Nexon NA will remove the IP block from the US version for EU players, I was playing vindi non stop back in the days but my proxy died so i had to come back to EU but I don't really like the EU version and the players. And I have to agree that it's kinda ridiculous that the US version has this awesome steam access feature and EU dont.... like .. why?! It would attract a sh*t load of people who are just bored and looking for a free to play game, and once they lvl up they will spend money on the game for sure. I just made this account and I tried to log into the launcher that steam provides ( cuz all of my games are on steam ) and i see the IP block is still not removed :/ Too bad . I don't mind making a new character it's just this IP block thing is that what keeps me to get addicted to vindi again :D
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Ratchet1902

:/ I'm kinda sad to read this thread, I was really looking forward to the " great " migration, but I just really hope that Nexon NA will remove the IP block from the US version for EU players, I was playing vindi non stop back in the days but my proxy died so i had to come back to EU but I don't really like the EU version and the players. And I have to agree that it's kinda ridiculous that the US version has this awesome steam access feature and EU dont.... like .. why?! It would attract a sh*t load of people who are just bored and looking for a free to play game, and once they lvl up they will spend money on the game for sure. I just made this account and I tried to log into the launcher that steam provides ( cuz all of my games are on steam ) and i see the IP block is still not removed :/ Too bad . I don't mind making a new character it's just this IP block thing is that what keeps me to get addicted to vindi again :D
    when the migration is done EU can play on NA.
    literally what is changing

1: the EU client is going away
    2: we are losing XE Service (good thing)
    3: already lost Tir coins (bad thing)
    4: prob gonna lose our cheaper prices in the depot (bad thing)
    5: 99% sure we losing the German language client (good thing coz the German trans was awful)
    6: losing the EU English translation (50:50 in some regards EU is better.... AKA no "Flight of the Valkyrie") lol