[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why is RISE getting rid of Evie's Healing Corona?

LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
Vindictus Rep: 655
in Future Content
That was the primary reason that I played a Staff Evie over a Scythe Evie, for the Healing Corona, the ability to play a purely supportive role as Evie rather than being focused on damage. Not that I didn't like Scythe Evie, but I always preferred the healer/support role in MMO's, and with Healing Corona gone, I'm a lot more inclined to switch over to a Scythe Evie now. Seems like Scythe Evie will have the same supportive qualities as a Staff Evie now, with the same Mana Shield, a better evasive maneuver, and a better active (Insane Reaper beats Regeneration, IMO).

Why this change? Why get rid of one of Staff Evies defining core skills?

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    latest?cb=20150721153713
    Hurricane622
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    tumblr_or8ii4dd231rs5ixfo1_250.gif
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    edited June 8, 2017
    latest?cb=20150721153713

The notes I read for RISE said that they are removing Evie's Healing Corona ability from the game. Somewhere in the translated patch notes.
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    I think you have to show us where. A quick Control F shows nothing of the sort
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Well, unless I read that they're removing the healing animation or something, which I assume would be for potions. I could've sworn I read it somewhere.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    That would be absolutely insane tbh. I don't think they're stupid enough to do that.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Maybe I'm wrong. I think this might've been what I read instead.

[ Item Usage Animation Removed ]
    HP Potions and other consumable items are applied instantly without animation.
    These are the items which can be used without animation:
    Armor Temporary Repair Kits, HP Potions, Stimulants, Stamina Potions, SP Recovery Potions, Energy Potions, Attack Boost Potion, other consumable event items.
    HP Potions will always gain bonus recovery from the skill HP Potion Proficiency.
    This is the solution we came up after deleting the motion for drinking HP Potions.
    Some consumable items will share a 5 second cooldown instead of the animation.
    Cooldowns are shared among items of the same category.
    For example, HP Potion, Fine HP Potion, Superior HP Potion will share the same 5 second cooldown.
    These items will share the cooldown:
    Attack Boost Potions, Stimulants, Energy Potions, SP Recovery Potions, Stamina Potions.

So HP potions are gonna be chuggable without having to stop and wait, go through an animation, or time the HP Recovery skill, it's just gonna be instant and passive with a small. Potion spam inbound.

I could've sworn I saw something about Healing Corona being removed though. Did I dream about it?

• PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    I could've sworn I saw something about Healing Corona being removed though. Did I dream about it?

Sounds more like a nightmare tbh
    Xie
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    edited June 8, 2017
    I think you were reading the patch notes with the thought "Nexon is gonna fck something up" and your mind made you see such things! I think the HP potion update is good, will be so helpful for all the Lanns out there. It's wasting away in my character slot :x
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    That would be absolutely insane tbh. I don't think they're stupid enough to do that.

Don't underestimate DOL's stupidity.
    BloodAngelmisakamisakaXieIzet
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    edited June 8, 2017
    Mainichi wrote: »

TBH: Next update "Ascension into the Heavens"

- Removed Evie's corona
    - Removed Lann, all Lanns become Fiona
    - Remade Fiona from scratch
    - S3 raids now have a minimum enhancement requirement of at least +11 and can be higher if set by party leader
    - New Redeemers Raid: Nuadha : Caps at 50k att / 30k def / 221 crit | Rewards: Nuadha's Wings [Wing Slot] + 10 completion title [+5 crit, 10 bal, 8 att spd]
    - Relocated all npcs to a GUI accessible from anywhere outside missions
    - New enhancement mechanic, success stacks: The more success in a row, the less likely the next will succeed
    - +1 enhancement coupons for weapons past +13 in new gachapon
    - Full +10 95 to new players, nothing to pre-existing characters
    - Balance cap raised to 100
    - Additional Damage formula changed again, now has a more noticeable effect [ Dev note: "We felt additional damage was not rewarding enough to the playerbase who actually worked hard to get as close to +20]
    - Defense formula rewritten: Essentially now provides 1/4th less protection until within the 1k range of enemie's attack
    - Removed Equipment durability mechanic when in battle: Equipment no longer breaks while fighting
    - Merc potions are now 37.5% more potent and provide swagger resistance for 5 seconds
    - Introducing 7 new r5 enchants: 10% max success rate / 87% break rate / *new* 13% chance to wear out equipment
    - New "Wearing out" mechanic | When a r5 enchant fails, there is a 13% chance the item will became 'worn out' and is unusable until fixed by a cash shop item
    - New "Anti-Wear out Soap" added to cash shop
    - New stat "Swiftness": Aquired only from new r5 enchants | Provides chance to completely ignore flinch and damage from an attack ; caps at [33.3%]

Ok I'm done, I wanted to keep going but it was getting long and scary ridiculous
    BabyDaniGhengisJohnBloodAngelikevimisakamisakaPixelPantsuXieStrangerinaHurricane622
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    547b6dc7d4141b83862bc165f524404cb1be49847a99d228395b37937ef52b8e_1.gif
    MercuryEyesPhoebeHalliwel
  • LiannLiann
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    edited January 2, 2019
    Delete
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Puppyman wrote: »
    Mainichi wrote: »

- Removed Evie's corona
    - S3 raids now have a minimum enhancement requirement of at least +11 and can be higher if set by party leader
    - New Redeemers Raid: Nuadha : Caps at 50k att / 30k def / 221 crit | Rewards: Nuadha's Wings [Wing Slot] + 10 completion title [+5 crit, 10 bal, 8 att spd]
    - New enhancement mechanic, success stacks: The more success in a row, the less likely the next will succeed
    - Additional Damage formula changed again, now has a more noticeable effect [ Dev note: "We felt additional damage was not rewarding enough to the playerbase who actually worked hard to get as close to +20]
    - Defense formula rewritten: Essentially now provides 1/4th less protection until within the 1k range of enemie's attack
    - Removed Equipment durability mechanic when in battle: Equipment no longer breaks while fighting
    - Merc potions are now 37.5% more potent and provide swagger resistance for 5 seconds
    - Introducing 7 new r5 enchants: 10% max success rate / 87% break rate / *new* 13% chance to wear out equipment
    - New "Wearing out" mechanic | When a r5 enchant fails, there is a 13% chance the item will became 'worn out' and is unusable until fixed by a cash shop item
    - New stat "Swiftness": Aquired only from new r5 enchants | Provides chance to completely ignore flinch and damage from an attack ; caps at [33.3%]

Ok I'm done, I wanted to keep going but it was getting long and scary ridiculous

4 episodes later:

- Added r1 enchants scrolls with a success rate of 0.5%, 95% break rate. If you manage to apply each scroll onto all parts of your equipment bosses automatically commit seppuku the moment you enter dungeon and you receive the maximum number of cores.
    - Introduced a new God-tier Enchant Rune available in the Depot Shop for 350.000 NX (limited to one per character) that automatically applies all of the aforementioned scrolls onto your equipment.
    Hurricane622
  • DillonzDillonz
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    Honestly I usually heal enough with regen alone, so I'm not that bothered by the corona removal. Now if they removed both regen and corona, i'd be a bit annoyed.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Yeahno they aren't removing Corona or Regen for that matter xD I mean....I could see them removing one of Hagie's healing skills before Evie since tbh....one of them barely makes any difference in the end xD
    UsagiiiKunKiyouji
  • BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    edited June 19, 2017
    I doubt there are removing it.

Even if they did, so what? Git gud, learn to dodge, and bring Health pots ya scrubs!
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    But I'm playing this game for the Tank/DPS/Healer trinity, not for "must DEEPEESS and nothing else."
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Why is this thread still alive
  • Hurricane622Hurricane622
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Puppyman wrote: »

- Removed Evie's corona

4 episodes later:

- Added r1 enchants scrolls with a success rate of 0.5%, 95% break rate. If you manage to apply each scroll onto all parts of your equipment bosses automatically commit seppuku the moment you enter dungeon and you receive the maximum number of cores.
    - Introduced a new God-tier Enchant Rune available in the Depot Shop for 350.000 NX (limited to one per character) that automatically applies all of the aforementioned scrolls onto your equipment.

Guys, please... I can't anymore :D :D :D I'm literally crying with laughter! I also love how you mimicked Nexon patch notes so well, Puppyman! Sorry for reviving the thread again; I felt the need to leave a reply.