[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What will happen to all our old mats after RISE?

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
edited May 30, 2017 in Future Content
Most veterans have plenty of level 80 and below mats stockpiled for expertise and other reasons, but they are all getting replaced by other mats to make it "less confusing" for new players or something. The recipes will obviously change too, so does that mean our stockpiled mats all become useless? The logical thing to do would be to have a script convert all the old mats to the new ones, but you know, this is derpcat we are talking about so they probably didn't think that far ahead...

Also it seems weird that if the rise update is coming here soon, we still have no word from Nexon NA about it...

Comments

• IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    theyll probably just become useless kindling for the incinerator. theyve done similar things in the past. for example, i still have a pair of mist runner boots on lann, even though it isnt a quest anymore. enhance stones will still be craftable into higher tiers, and a lot of items are moving over to expertise
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    NPC for an x amount of gold per mat prolly.
  • Question2Question2
    Ingkells wrote: »
    theyll probably just become useless kindling for the incinerator. theyve done similar things in the past. for example, i still have a pair of mist runner boots on lann, even though it isnt a quest anymore. enhance stones will still be craftable into higher tiers, and a lot of items are moving over to expertise

IIRC, there was a time when one of the nightmare light sets got changed and the old helmet (or one of the other pieces) suddenly didnt count for the set bonus anymore (therefore, useless). I was able to get a GM to fix it, but I doubt that's do-able for converting all your old mats to the new ones...

We are talking about a potentially large number of mats that all suddenly become useless, which would be very unfair to veterans.

Hopefully when it goes live on KR we will get more info on how its handled over there...
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    i still have an expired storage tab with a few old mats like quiremigal shell. i'd imagine a similar process is coming. all in all, it's a good change to cut down on clutter. if you dont want them to be wasted, craft with them now.

tangentially related: will our current inherited power fragments and sealed power fragments be used for 95 synthesis?
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    i think someone answered that a few months ago, i want to say yes, but we'll find out from kr soon enough
  • Question2Question2
    A friend who can read korean answered my question. All the old mats aren't converted (because derpcat is lazy). KR players didn't get compensated for their lak mats or whatever becoming useless. The only thing you can do with the old mats is npc/incinerate.

Make sure to use up all your old mats before the RISE update hits guys.
    PixelPantsuZiggyStardust
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Question2 wrote: »
    A friend who can read korean answered my question. All the old mats aren't converted (because derpcat is lazy). KR players didn't get compensated for their lak mats or whatever becoming useless. The only thing you can do with the old mats is npc/incinerate.

Make sure to use up all your old mats before the RISE update hits guys.

Guess I better sell off my 80 mats pile i've been sitting on for a long while then