[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Swirly Prize Wheel Event Info

Order5Order5
Vindictus Rep: 5,900
edited May 16, 2017 in General Discussion
Original Thread Title: Prize Wheel is Back!

This was probably one of the best events last year as long as you played the waiting strategy (even more if you were one of those that exploited the bug). Assuming the wheel works the same as before.

-Clarification-
The wheel is misleading; none of the items are actually an equal 1/16 chance. You will get C-Grade items most frequently, even if they only make up 3 slots of your wheel. However, take comfort in knowing that the 16 items displayed will indeed be the only items obtainable on that spin, meaning you won't get a random Goddess Grace if it isn't present on the wheel.

-Strategy-
If there is a particular item you want from the Spin Wheel (or items you REALLY don't want), accumulate as many tickets you can before spinning. Ultimately this means gathering and gathering until the last possible day of the event. The Super Charge ability is essentially your way of re-rolling the board until you see desired prizes. 41 days, 8 tickets per day for being logged in, which should leave you with 328 tickets by the end of this event.

It is not ideal to spin if there is a Festival Trophy or soap of any kind in your C-Grade slots because you'll end up with a lot of these, and they are generally easy to obtain.

As pointed out by 2edgy4u, there are no specific super charge tickets this time, you just use regular tickets to supercharge the wheel. It may be wise to simply limit useless prizes in anticipation of not getting a good S-Grade prize wheel.

The rarest and most achievable prize is arguably the B-Grade Swirly Prize Coupon because they can be exchanged for Reilly Toy weapons and avatar outfits, and are trade-able within your account via mail and shared storage. I argue that it's not because the Daily Missions across multiple characters will already provide several outfitter pieces if not all the outfit pieces that you desire.
2edgy4uMintchiLoLoBootyAyPoolBloodAngelYurehaSylariusAngelYukkiAvan

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    my advice would be to play to not lose (rather than playing to win)
    supercharge to eliminate the worst rolls rather than hoping for a good S-tier, because you aren't gonna get it anyway
    it seems supercharge uses the same tickets to spin this time, so there is also a higher opportunity cost to do it. better not waste them.
    YurehaLoLoBooty
  • Order5Order5
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    my advice would be to play to not lose (rather than playing to win)
    supercharge to eliminate the worst rolls rather than hoping for a good S-tier, because you aren't gonna get it anyway
    it seems supercharge uses the same tickets to spin this time, so there is also a higher opportunity cost to do it. better not waste them.

Yes, last year it was highly suggested that people not spend tickets on a board with a Festival Trophy or soap on it. However, a lot of people came out with 2 or more S-Grade items during last year's event. The only ones I recall not getting S-Grades were those who didn't spend all their tickets at the end after getting a desirable super-charge board.
  • Order5Order5
    edited May 11, 2017
    After some further discussion amongst friends, one of the contributing factors that made last year's event so great was the Rune Fragments where you could instead shoot for the B-Grade and A-Grade rune frags to purchase whatever runes you wanted in the exchange shop (3-8 frags depending on the rune). They likely included the coupons on the prize wheel in place of that, so you're likely to come out with lots of outfit parts for characters.
    Sylarius
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    This is one of the few times that I do not mind getting C prizes as it gives a better chance at those tickets.
  • ZimpherZimpher
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Did anyone else not get a swirly prize ticket after beating the gremlin thing 3-4 times?
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited May 11, 2017
    Zimpher wrote: »
    Did anyone else not get a swirly prize ticket after beating the gremlin thing 3-4 times?

You get them for afking every 30mins.

gf2lcB0.png
  • ZimpherZimpher
    DownIoad wrote: »

Those are the spin tickets. I'm talking about the actual reward tickets. Call of the Goddess Update event page says "Don't forget to battle the Fomors, though: Completing all three Daily Missions in a day gives a bonus reward of a Swirly Prize Coupon, which can be taken to the Exchange Shop for Unlimited Outfit Passes, special Swirly Glasses and Reilly Toy Weapons!"
  • DownIoadDownIoad

Those are the spin tickets. I'm talking about the actual reward tickets. Call of the Goddess Update event page says "Don't forget to battle the Fomors, though: Completing all three Daily Missions in a day gives a bonus reward of a Swirly Prize Coupon, which can be taken to the Exchange Shop for Unlimited Outfit Passes, special Swirly Glasses and Reilly Toy Weapons!"

tPvuOt8.png
  • ZimpherZimpher

tPvuOt8.png

Oh! THOSE daily missions! Thank you so much.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    It's too bad the original forum post is not readily accessible. I remember we got into a detailed spin strategy discussion. :D

@Order5 hits all the points but I really want to emphasize the importance of two things:
    • Save your tickets to the end
    • Supercharge the board until you get something you like and run all your spins. You should have an idea of what you like in a board so you know when to stop. Might use 10-20 supercharges but it will be worth it.

I disagree with those that think the swirly tickets are something to shoot for. As others have said by event end you should already have more than enough even for your alts. It looks like they are going to hand out 1 free swirly ticket per char per day without having to do anything.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    It looks like they are going to hand out 1 free swirly ticket per char per day without having to do anything.

I was hoping the same, but today you dont get it for logging in +sad
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    It looks like they are going to hand out 1 free swirly ticket per char per day without having to do anything.

I was hoping the same, but today you dont get it for logging in +sad

today's are quick at least. still would've been nice to get 2 for completing missions on days without the free one.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    For the swirly tickets your best bet is to always take them on free days and only do the dailies on days it's quick. I skipped yesterday because break offs aren't quick on lowbies and even on my 90s I didn't feel like doing easy mode Bark that many times. Anyway, this event is really fair overall. You can do a bit of each every day and come out very well in the end no matter what.
  • Order5Order5
    edited May 13, 2017
    For the swirly tickets your best bet is to always take them on free days and only do the dailies on days it's quick. I skipped yesterday because break offs aren't quick on lowbies and even on my 90s I didn't feel like doing easy mode Bark that many times. Anyway, this event is really fair overall. You can do a bit of each every day and come out very well in the end no matter what.

@Prototypemind
    Just do Aghlan, who has 9 break-offs. Just break his head, leg covering, and leg crystal. You don't even need to fight him because any level 60 character can just bomb-kite with a trainee weapon.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Order5 wrote: »

@Prototypemind
    Just do Aghlan, who has 9 break-offs. Just break his head, leg covering, and leg crystal. You don't even need to fight him because any level 60 character can just bomb-kite with a trainee weapon.

Even better it takes just 1 lion's roar on choo choo train (bark), easy mode;-)
    2edgy4uPrototypemindLoLoBootyBloodAngelKrevos
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    ikevi wrote: »

@Prototypemind

Oh man if only I saw this yesterday. Pro-tip -- but do you have to wait for the train to reach a certain place or can you do it right at the start?
  • Order5Order5
    edited May 14, 2017
    ikevi wrote: »

@Prototypemind

Oh man if only I saw this yesterday. Pro-tip -- but do you have to wait for the train to reach a certain place or can you do it right at the start?

@LoLoBooty
    You can use it at the start, just hug Bark when you use it, then you have to wait for it to transition to finish it off.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    @LoLoBooty
    You can use it at the start, just hug Bark when you use it, then you have to wait for it to transition to finish it off.

Thanks for the details on how to pull this off. I feel like you're thread should be stickied at the top since I keep seeing mega's and forums threads about their bad wheel experiences (AKA I didn't read this thread and just supercharged with one ticket then spinned with 4 tickets.and got soaps)
  • Order5Order5
    Thanks for the details on how to pull this off. I feel like you're thread should be stickied at the top since I keep seeing mega's and forums threads about their bad wheel experiences (AKA I didn't read this thread and just supercharged with one ticket then spinned with 4 tickets.and got soaps)

Perhaps, but a lot of people mostly just want to complain. I'll change the title so people who are actively looking for info can know to click on this thread.
  • maelturdmaelturd
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    If you supercharge the board, does it reset after you spin so you must supercharge again, or does it stay for 30 minutes?