[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What happened to the shining keag battle?

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
It appears to have vanished from the battle list...completely gone. Its not in Heide or the quick battle menu....

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Its been replaced with special shrouded truth in ainle location
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited March 25, 2017
    Is it temporary or permanent change? I refuse to do the new shining raid gimme keaghan back -_-
    I checked and daily reset doesn't change shining raid :(
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Wish it would cycle just like royal raids do so special raids can get more variety as they get added.
  • Question2Question2
    Madcobra wrote: »

That makes no sense whatsoever though. The announcement doesnt say replaced either. Do you have a citation where nexon says this is intentional?
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 25, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    That makes no sense whatsoever though. The announcement doesnt say replaced either. Do you have a citation where nexon says this is intentional?

It makes perfect sense. The new special fight replacing the old one seems pretty straightforward to me. If there was more than one special fight, then they wouldn't be special anymore. There's nothing in the initial Unification update notes saying that Keag/Shakarr was a limited time nor anything in the Alban Update notes. But then again, it doesn't need to be spelled out in the patch notes.

A quick way to figure it out would be to check KR. If they don't have it anymore, case closed. If they do, then it's a matter of figuring out if us not having is a bug OR a choice made by NA. Do some digging first before making the future bug thread regarding this.
  • Question2Question2
    >hey guys lets spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours to develop and test a new raid but only make it available to players for one month
    >then lets remove the raid in the next patch!

Even for devcat, that would be a pretty dumb move. By your logic the next patch should remove alban festival as well. Hey, it never said that alban festival was a PERMANENT addition to the game right? I mean, festivals dont last forever!
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Those "special" raids probably rotate on a weekly basis or something.
  • ChubuiChubui
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    >hey guys lets spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of man hours to develop and test a new raid but only make it available to players for one month

Thousand of hours to copy paste shakkar into Keaghan map.

Lol yup

MadcobraCascaAnthonytonyboy
  • Skitt1esSkitt1es
    Vindictus Rep: 110

They said in thier stream on monday night that it would replace the the khegan one and will cycle.
    BloodAngeljjX
  • Question2Question2
    Chubui wrote: »

Thousand of hours to copy paste shakkar into Keaghan map.

Lol yup

I never said thousands of hours...you are seriously underestimating how expensive and long things take in a corporate environment. Look at games like Skyrim. Modders can fix bugs in under an hour that Bethsoft takes years to fix.
    Kiyouji
  • Question2Question2
    Skitt1es wrote: »

They said in thier stream on monday night that it would replace the the khegan one and will cycle.

OK, i didnt watch that stream. Weird that info isnt mentioned in the announcement itself. Did they explain how it would cycle? RRs cycle but you can still see them in the battle list...
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Cloakshire our patch notes suck compared to other nexon games, out of the 3 I play(ed) the order from best to worst goes Maplestory, Combat Arms, Vindictus. They absolutely do need to be spelled out in the patch notes there's a reason why people get so pissed when they find out something was ninja changed in front of their face and didn't realized it until it's too late and they boomed an equip or can't play their character as properly because some random "bug" with a skill they took use of was fixed.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    @BloodAngel I agree that more information in the patch notes would be nice. What I meant when I said that everything doesn't need to be spelled out was that they don't need to spell it out for us to understand a change that wasn't listed. A new special battle was introduced & the old one went away. It's obvious that the new one replaced the old one. I didn't need patch notes, nor a GM confirmation to draw that conclusion. I just used common sense.

I'm assuming that you're referring to the text errors in the ES descriptions after the patch when you mention booming equipment. Regarding the R8/R9 enchant scrolls booming people's items, I'm still placing equal fault on the player for boomed items. You still got the dialogue that said your item may be destroyed. If a player didn't stop and notice this, then that's on them. While notes are nice, it's equally up to us to make ourselves informed by researching on our own rather than being spoon fed patch notes & thinking that's all we need to know. I already knew that R8 & R9 enchant scrolls would still destroy items because I did the research and I know that we won't get that change until Dullahan. If I was able to figure that out on my own way before this patch, why couldn't others try to make an effort to do the research when they got the warning message about their EQ getting destroyed? The answer... inattentiveness & laziness.
    BloodAngel
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    This is exactly why it is imperative that Nexon/Vindictus Game Team make their patch notes extensive so that ALL the information is there. There were many changes in-game that were not mentioned in the patch notes. You can't expect us as a community to find it all ourselves. If it was mentioned in the patch notes, people wouldn't have gone out yoloing their items.
    BloodAngel
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited March 28, 2017
    This is exactly why it is imperative that Nexon/Vindictus Game Team make their patch notes extensive so that ALL the information is there. There were many changes in-game that were not mentioned in the patch notes. You can't expect us as a community to find it all ourselves. If it was mentioned in the patch notes, people wouldn't have gone out yoloing their items.

Unfortunately all the information will never be in the patch notes because there will always be undocumented changes. Especially when that change is intended to be included in a future patch and we just got a part of it early by accident.

I disagree with the whole "If it was mentioned in the patch notes, people wouldn't have gone out yoloing their items." My stance is that people could have saved themselves from booming their items if they thought for themselves rather than relying on the ES's description change which wasn't documented in the patch notes. If I had no knowledge that my item would still be boomed, I would still raise an eyebrow when I got the message telling me that my gear could possibly be destroyed. I would then take it upon myself to do the research and do some digging. An easier method would be to buy a cheap r9 scroll off the market and use it on a crap piece of gear to test if it would still be destroyed. But apparently that takes too much effort and again proves my point of people being lazy and not paying attention.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I would have to agree with you on that bit. If you were getting a message telling you that your item could be destroyed, then it is safe to say that we did not get the full update, so people shouldn't have gone out yoloing their gear. Yes, getting full patch notes would be useful, but at the same time, if you get a message that your gear could potentially be destroyed, don't do it.
  • Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    just gimme shining draon raids (One of 3 dragons + random humanoid boss)
    KiyoujiBloodAngel
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited March 28, 2017
    just gimme shining draon raids (One of 3 dragons + random humanoid boss)

Why not all 3 dragons at once?

Or Glas + Lord Glas (Minus Gravity mechanic)
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    edited March 29, 2017
    ...people wouldn't have gone out yoloing their items.
    We didn't.

The tooltip on the scrolls was updated, and the enchant scroll system was basically overhauled.

We enchanted with confidence.

Nexon made a huge mistake and mislead everyone, costing us our items which they refuse to restore because of their essential incompetence.

Yes, they very much need to change and provide a lot more information, and transparency, than they currently do. Unfortunately, they haven't changed in a decade, I don't see them ever changing.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited March 30, 2017
    DAOWAce wrote: »
    ...people wouldn't have gone out yoloing their items.
    We didn't.

The tooltip on the scrolls was updated, and the enchant scroll system was basically overhauled.

We enchanted with confidence.

Nexon made a huge mistake and mislead everyone, costing us our items which they refuse to restore because of their essential incompetence.

Did you or did you not still receive a message saying that your equipment may still be destroyed when you tried to do your enchant? The answer, yes.

The tool tip said that rank 6 & 7 Enchant Scrolls may destroy your equipment but nowhere did it say that rank 8 and 9 would not destroy. Yes it was misleading, but it's always safe not to assume plus you still got a warning that your equipment may be destroyed. You didn't at all find the fact that you were getting a warning the least bit suspicious? They don't have to restore your equipment because you're equally at fault for not paying attention. They would only have to restore your equipment if the warning message was absent during the enchant process which it was not.

See my previous posts earlier in this thread with suggestions on what you could have done to prevent your equipment's destruction. More specifically the ones from March 27th and 28th.