[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Random is... random?

PrototypemindPrototypemind
Vindictus Rep: 8,530
in General Discussion
19InCnL.jpg

This has happened to multiple people during the event. Not out of the realm of possibility, but wow. I guess my "luck" is still with me from that +15.

Comments

• ValkyrieBladeValkyrieBlade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    theres a 0.0064% chance of this or getting a +15 happening
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    perfect 10's, you stuck the landing
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    theres a 0.0064% chance of this or getting a +15 happening

The odds of making it to +15 are slightly higher at .0065%--.006469 really--but still slightly higher, hah. But yeah, that's why I said it seems that my +15 luck is still with me, and with several others.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    That's not luck, that's skill!

dancing_with_the_stars_all_stars_judges.jpg
    BloodAngelDownIoadPrototypemindNerita
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    This funny lol
    Last night I got three 1's from random pouches. Must be more common than we think.
  • CometCupidCometCupid
    Vindictus Rep: 1,990
    My Karok got a full set of 22s yesterday.

I got to check my dubs three times. Patrick Bateman is pleased.
    Seems like we're dealing with a pretty... interesting RNG algorithm here. People have shown on more than one occasion that in game results don't line up with somewhat extensive tests using the enhancement/enchant simulators. Maybe some accounts really are "luckier" than others.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I incinerated 1000 items and recorded the times when spirit remnants were generated. There were plenty of times where i would go for very long periods with no remnants generated, or I would get multiple spirit remnants generated in a row or very close to each other. This leads me to believe the RNG in Vindictus isnt 100% random.

If you want to see the log i kept, its here : http://pastebin.com/pLqiSvAt
  • myrngsucksmyrngsucks
    Vindictus Rep: 800
    I've never gotten 3 of the same numbers and a row, but I've had 2 of the same numbers in a row happen like four times already.

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited January 28, 2017
    Maybe some accounts really are "luckier" than others.

The 'some accounts are luckier than others' is not a concept exclusive to vindictus though, or even MMORPGs in general. Randomness in online games is never truly random, and a lot of people believe that certain RNG is 'inscribed' into a given account upon creation.
  • MoosecatMoosecat
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Inb4 injectors because black game guard is still useless.
    Maybe some accounts really are "luckier" than others.

The 'some accounts are luckier than others' is not a concept exclusive to vindictus though, or even MMORPGs in general. Randomness in online games is never truly random, and a lot of people believe that certain RNG is 'inscribed' into a given account upon creation.

True enough, but it seems like games would have to choose a pretty poor algorithm for an account to be doomed to good or bad RNG form day one.

• BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Yeah I get a lot of duplicates in the sets of 3 pouches too, but so far they've been pretty consistent in giving me the numbers i need to the days I've missed, so I'm not complaining.
  • UcogiUcogi
    Vindictus Rep: 605
    4630b4dbd3a826b7247f1922d7745335.jpg

Yes, completely random.
    DownIoad