[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Bug with "kill enemy with objects" titles/missions

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
edited January 20, 2017 in Bug Reporting
All titles/missions that require you to kill enemies with objects are bugged in that they do not count if you kill the enemy with a thrown object. Even if the title references killing enemies via thrown objects 9e.g. the knoced down the chieftain title says killing it with thrown objects), it does not count if you throw the object. It only counts if you use the left/right mouse buttons to kill the boss with the obect.

E.G. Lets say you pick up a barrel. If you throw the barrel at an enemy and kill it, it will not count as "killed by an object". If you use left/right mouse buttons to hit the enemy and kill it that way though, it counts.

In some rare situations, I have seen thrown objects count as object kills, but ONLY if you throw it at pointblank range while touching the enemy.

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Still happening, threw a ice block at a yeti, killed it, kill count for the "Yeti horn snapper" title did not update.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 25, 2017
    It's been like this since the beta days. While I can see how you think this is a bug, I can make logical sense that it's not. When an object is thrown, it is no longer in direct control of the player and is considered part of the environment again. This is why you've had instances where throwing works if it's at pointblank range. The object hasn't transitioned affinity yet. If they "fixed" this, then random debris that gets knocked around during the battle might accidentally start counting as "kill with objects as well."

I wouldn't call this a bug if that's how the system has been for the past 7 years.