[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Non-red unblockable moves

assassin56assassin56
Vindictus Rep: 885
in Bug Reporting
When I perfectly block an attack I fully expect it to block it. However, this is not the case sometimes in this ridiculously buggy game. Staff Evie has a lot of bugs, but this one really pissed me off today.

Mana amber, when used at the right time, is able to block "perfect" attacks much akin to perfectly timing Fiona's Guard while using a small shield. After you block the first "perfect" attack with amber though you are also able to keep blocking other "perfect" attacks that may a part of series of attacks from the boss as long as you are still holding the block button. Red moves cannot be blocked obviously.

Here are a few specific examples of how this mechanic doesn't work right.

- Exhibit A: Dullahan

The attack when it swings its sword up, floats upwards while lasering in a 360 degree fashion and creating 4 AoE explosions beneath it. You can perfect block the initial upswing from Dullahan, but you cannot block the AoE explosions if you keep on holding the block button. You actually have to cancel amber after the upswing, then use amber again to block AoE explosions. Very clunky way to use a fundamental mechanic in the game when it actually works on other bosses for some reason.

- Exhibit B: Abomination

The attack when it reels back both legs, kicks with both feet, attacks with both front arms in a body slamming fashion, crawls on all fours attacking really fast then the swipe at the end. While I forget if you have to "perfect" block any of these attacks, you are not able to block the final swipe regardless. This swipe is not a red attack either and interestingly you can't block it on any character. Not an ideal example of the bug I'm addressing, but it's fairly relevant since I have no idea why it isn't blockable and it frustrates me to this day. But why the hell can you dodge it.

- Exhibit C: Brilliant Lugh

The attack when he slowly holds his spear close to his body, raises it to spew out an AoE, summons random spears to damage random locations around him, then slam down his spear as a red move. You can perfect block the AoE, but you cannot perfect block the random spears from the same block you used to block the AoE. I have not tested this out much since he just got released, but this instance is definitely the same as the other examples in this thread.

The case is especially frustrating with Lugh since you will get a weakness debuff even though you blocked perfectly. I am not sure if this is just terrible coding in boss attacks or if Mana Amber is just terribly implemented in this game, because all of these scenarios are easily replicated. While I don't like the idea of unblockable moves in this game, it is unacceptable to have unblockable attacks that look like they can be blocked. It's misleading and just frustrates the player to no end.

When season 3 came around with Evie's revamp, the developers actually had to revamp Mana Amber because it was extremely useless in season 2 raids. The fact that this bug reminds me of those times makes me think they took a step backwards in the raid bosses attacks and mechanics.

Devcat, you need to fix this.

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    assassin56 wrote: »

- Exhibit B: Abomination

The attack when it reels back both legs, kicks with both feet, attacks with both front arms in a body slamming fashion, crawls on all fours attacking really fast then the swipe at the end. While I forget if you have to "perfect" block any of these attacks, you are not able to block the final swipe regardless. This swipe is not a red attack either and interestingly you can't block it on any character. Not an ideal example of the bug I'm addressing, but it's fairly relevant since I have no idea why it isn't blockable and it frustrates me to this day. But why the hell can you dodge it.

I've been able to block the move in question with Hurk.