How to spend AP. Skill Rank Priority
Dragonspine Mastery (Rank as required)
Armor Mastery (Rank as required)
Scorching Streak [Dash]
Battle Respiration (to Rank A)
Coiled Strike [R]
Tail Impale [LR]
Ravaging Claw [LLR]
Spiny Kick [LLLLR]
Fiery Assault [TabR]
Stamina Mastery (to Rank 9)
HP Potion Proficiency (to Rank 9)
Standing Endurance (to Rank 9)
Stone Skin (to Rank 6)
Defense Mastery (to Rank 9)
Life Flare (to Rank 9)
Campfire (to Rank A)
Slice and Dice
Call of the Dragon
Hacking Spinethrow [LLLR]
Hot Streak [Dodge]
Willpower Mastery (to Rank A)
Health Mastery (to Rank 9)
Agility Mastery (to Rank A)
Secondary Weapon Prof (leave at Rank F)
Meditation (leave at Rank F)
* With the nerf with Chainswing's SP 25 -> 15, Cat Statue is almost always much better. Unless you plan to be in Trans for the entire run where Paw is better.
* Reduce SP on Blazing Spine and Ancestral Garb. (Not 22s CD reduction on Garb because you still can only use it once per Raid anyway or twice per Redeemers)
* Increase Damage on all other Skills.
General attacking tips during Raids
L or Parry = Normal Attack
R = Smash Attack
R spam = Coiled Strike
BS = Blazing Spine
FB = Flamebreath
Dodge = Hot Streak
Dash = Scorching Streak
Fly = Scorching Streak during Garb
TabR = Fiery Evasion Fiery Assault
Garb = Ancestral Garb
Call = Call of the Dragon
Trans = Dark Knight / Paladin
Stacks = Wyvern Magic from Chainswing / Fiery Assault
CD = Cooldown
* Chainswing to build 3-5 Stacks.
* Parry whenever possible if you do not have Hydra, are low on SP so you need the Stack (you lose a Stack when you are hit), or are building up SP for Garb.
** Hydra gives +20% Damage to Chainswings
. Try to keep Hydra buff active by Parrying instead of Dodging. Only Dodge when absolutely necessary or you know you can Parry again shortly after.
* Parry while having 3-5 Stacks to use the Stack to gain SP and Stamina.
* Try to keep 1 Flamebreath remaining, unless you are going to use BS right away after it or if the boss is about to leave/die.
* While low on Flamebreath or already have 5 Stacks, LR or spam R to gain SP until 930 SP (or 1000 SP if no Waking Stone) for Garb.
** R spam does more damage and gains more SP if you get it to hit, you will need to learn which bosses and when to use it effectively.
* R spam can also be used to move around the map faster as well as to avoid some attacks that can't be Parried without needing to use Dodge
* You generally want to use Garb as early as you can, you don't want to waste Garb time at the end if the boss dies, and you don't need to worry too much about SP management.
* Garb animation can be skipped two ways.
** 1) Hold W the entire time, Dash, Garb, Shift.
*** The cancel occurs when you hit Shift to start running. So if you don't want to cancel right away for invulnerability timing reasons, you can delay pressing Shift. But if you do cancel right away, you can use BS even if you don't have enough SP. Try not to get hit during Dash as that stops it.
*** W for walk but it can be in any direction, here I used D instead of W.
** 2) Have at least 1 Flamebreath available so you can use Tab instead of Dodge to keep Hydra. Use a Phoenix Feather, use Garb almost right as you start using the Feather, if successful, Garb animation is cancelled but you are still using the Feather, so TabR out of that.
*** Second method is harder and slower to do and messes up the camera, so I prefer to use the first unless Dash is on CD.
* Good time to use a Stamina Potion during Garb. Spam Chainswing as much as you can.
** If you run out of Stamina and the boss isn't going to let you Parry for Stamina, you can use BS to restore some Stamina (or use a Merc Recovery Potion Plus from events or VVIP).
*** BS during Garb costs 30 SP instead of 180 SP.
* If you have enough DEF, tank the hits and Parry only when the timing of the boss attacks match your Parry so you don't waste time waiting.
** If not, TabR if the boss attacks during your Chainswing. If you know the boss is about the attack, wait to parry if there is not enough time for another Chainswing.
* TabR can be used even if you have 0 Stamina or have a Stamina debuff. This is very useful in Redeemers if you do get hit with the debuff.
* Note that there are 4 types of Chainswings, two of them have a large displacement, so you can use that to avoid attacks. You can also use directional keys to slowly move to avoid attacks during Chainswings.
* When Garb ends or while you don't need to save SP or if you haven't Garbed yet while you have a lot of SP, proceed with Chainswings, Blazing Spines (BS L BS) and Parry.
* Blazing Spine is good to use during longer boss openings or while you are just out of range of the boss's attacks.
** For short runs you don't need to be conservative with SP and Parry everything. If you have enough DEF, spam those Chainswings and Blazing Spines.
** For long runs you will want to manage your Flamebreaths and Parry. You won't want to run out of SP before the end, so you need really good knowledge of how the boss moves to time your Parry. Try not to use TabR outside of Garb.
* If you are hit with a Stamina debuff, you can still use Tab BS while having no Stamina. If the debuff ends before BS hits, you gain Stamina some right away.
* In the last third of the bar, you can use Slice and Dice instead of BS if you still have it.
* Note this is generally about what I do during each raid, so it is for fast runs. It may or may not differ in slower runs.
* It is also not really a guide about the raids themselves, so I won't list everything about the raid.
* Unless stated otherwise, the general tips right above this will be applied to these raids.
* Garden of Tears/Corrupt Queen
* Island Ruins/Twists in Time
* Temple of the Fallen Moon/Light and Shadows
* Build up SP but don't Garb until right after the cutscene at around 8.5 bars. (You can save Garb and use it to skip Gravity Inversion phase but he doesn't always do it and you end up wasting a lot of Garb time when the boss dies.)
* During Gravity Inversion phase, walk, don't run, inside the portal area so your Stamina gets restored, Tab out of the portal when it ends. But he has lots of attacks that are easy to Parry so Stamina isn't too much of an issue.
* If the boss is standing inside a portal, before Garb you can LLLR [LLR]repeat, during Garb you can spam BS RR.
* Radiance/Shining Lugh
* Build up SP to Garb as soon as you can. (Do not save for after the Tathlum Blast as you waste too much Garb time when the boss dies.)
* At 7 bars, he starts to use a grab attack, if you got the shield you won't be grabbed but if you don't have the shield, you can use waste a Call to guarantee you avoid being grabbed and he'll grab someone else instead.
* At 4 bars, you can use Call to skip the Tathlum phase, if the timing is off you may need a second person to use another Lockdown skill. Just keep in mind that you cannot use a Lockdown on the boss if he uses his Stamina debuff attack or grab or when he disappears.
* Agony and Despair/Under the Surface
* Make sure to have have Hydra before 8 bars and don't Dodge. After the next phase, most of his attacks are red or are hard to Parry.
* This is an easy boss to spam R on.
* Build up SP but don't Garb until after he goes up and comes back down at 8 bars.
* I prefer to not grab on, instead just stand under the ledge since it is easier to Dash Garb BS.
* Before he comes down, you can time a BS to hit just as he lands.
* When he does a red jump attack, Tab BS.
* Denizen of the Deep
* Whenever his shield goes up or down, he stands still for a long time. So make sure you have Hydra before the shield goes down and don't Dodge.
* This is an easy boss to spam R on.
* Build up SP to Garb as soon as you can.
* You will need to use BS far more often in this raid during Garb to restore Stamina due to the limited number of things to Parry, but try do this while his shield is up.
* The Missing Soul
* Build up SP to Garb as soon as you can. You can't trust your party to skip the last two phases if you save Garb for that.
* While attacking, try to lure her away from the middle.
* If you still have Garb after 3 bars, you can waste a Call to avoid a red shockwave once to help a little with skipping that phase. Well, it's not really a waste since you can't use a lockdown on her while the shield is up.
* The Price of Failure
* Iron Fist
* Build up SP to Garb as soon as you can. (Do not save for after the kicking phase as you waste too much Garb time when the boss dies, it's only +10% bonus damage, not worth the lost time and effort to manage SP for late Garb)
* After 8 bars, she will start to jump really high and grab someone when she lands. You can Fly to the edge to generally avoid this or waste a Call to guarantee avoiding it.
* You can use Slice and Dice when the words appear at the start of the last bar as she can't be flinched during that so you won't miss the second hit as easily.
* Distorted Truth
* Right as it starts, Dash sideways, avoid getting bubbled.
* Build up SP but don't Garb until after he comes back from his swim.
* At around 8 bars he will swim outside the map. Spear him a few times and then avoid the bubbles coming in from the side. It is easier if you don't stand near the middle.
* Use all your Chainswings while surveying the nearby area around the boss, remember where the bubbles are to avoid them, then Garb.
* Attack close to him so he can't shoot you with a bubble from his mouth.
* Surprise Attack
* Build up SP to Garb as soon as you can.
* At around 8.5 bars (and again later around 5 bars), get into the small circle and BS RR (move during the Chainswings to avoid the red back slash)
** If you fail to get into the circle small, you can waste a Call to avoid getting KOed.
* At 5 bars, she runs out, avoid the circles (or rather, run towards areas with lots of circles and enter after they land), stay near the middle, when she runs back in, you can time a BS to hit her before she lands and then L to Parry
the shockwave/landing then proceed with up to 4 Chainswings. Repeat this again. Then again on the third time there is only enough time for 1 Chainswing.
* At 3 bars, there is a cutscene, you will all be pulled into the same location so you can use your mouse to click a Feather to revive someone if someone is dead.
* Devil's Tower
* Red Stigma
* Before 9.5 bars, lure her to the middle of the map.
** If she goes too far, I like to remain in the middle and spear whoever is at the edge for lols (and to see if they're bright enough to come to the middle)
* If the red tiles are on the same edge, you can stand on the appropriate square between them and break both.
* If the red tiles are in opposite corners, stand on whichever one is closer.
* Failing to break the tiles results in a party wipe (unless you stand at the edge of the map), you inflict -30% damage and take more damage.
* After the cutscene at 8 bars, use all Chainswings then Garb.
* At 5 bars if you still have Garb left, and your party fails to throw the swords back, you can fly away and wait for the red KO shockwave, waste a Call to avoid it. Otherwise I Trans.
* Alternatively, you can Garb after throwing the swords back at 5 bars. You can use Garb to avoid failing the sword throws, then at 3 bars use Call to skip the possible second sword throwing phase. I prefer this when there is a Delia in the party or you know the party will skip the end.
* For the sword throw phases, I tend to align myself with L before the Tab so I make sure I tab away from the circle and not sideways.
* If the party doesn't skip the phase at the last 2 bars, stand at the middle-ish right side (look at the minimap) of the map next a rectangle on the ground. You can sit/dance/stand there and wait until the outer big circle closes in. Dodge towards the middle, then walk and Parry the middle smaller circles.
* At 1 bar, a small cutscene occurs, start a BS before it ends, aim and land it when it ends.
* Grave of Madness
* Build up some SP but don't Garb until after he goes to Pillar mode then back to Hammer mode.
* At 9 bars there is a shot cutscene where he goes into Pillar mode, definitely don't Garb here, his Pillar swings deal 5000 damage per hit ignoring DEF. Don't want to risk suddenly dying with Garb up.
** I prefer to tank the first red shockwave so I am close and can continue to attack.
* After about 45 seconds of Pillar mode, there is a second red shockwave, R spam away. Then there is another short cutscene when he changes back to Hammer mode.
* Dash in and Garb cancel and attack.
* Look out for him to roar (looks like he is beating his chest from the side, but he isn't), then into this stance:
* It means one of two things:
** 1) A 6 hit combo, where the 5th is also a grab that KOs you if it hits. If you have 1-2 connection bars, he can't grab you. If you have 3-5 connection bars, be sure to TabR and avoid the grab.
** 2) At 6 bars or less, it almost always be a "Callidus-like" shockwave, which gives you a marker if you move during it and then you get KOed if you get hit again.
* You really don't want to get marked in Garb, and if someone else gets marked they can waste your Garb time.
* The good thing is that you have 2 ways to stop it. Call then Slice and Dice. Use one of them when you see him get into his stance at 6 bars or less to cancel it.
* The marking shockwave has a 1 min CD, so you can attack without worrying if the marking shockwave was cancelled.
* After about 3 mins of Hammer mode he changes back to Pillar mode and the process is repeated. Changing to Pillar mode will remove all marks if anyone was marked.
* Brilliant Lugh
* Attack as usual, you don't need to manage your SP too well since there's a cutscene at 8.5 bars and another one at 7 bars that lets you regenerate your Flamebreaths. But maintain a moderate amount at least.
* When he fires a red wave attack, you can Parry the spear if you are close enough to him.
* At 7 bars, during the cutscene, move to the top half of the map so you don't need to turn around when it ends. After a cutscene he drops orbs, ignore them and keep attacking for another 35-40s, then collect 3 orbs (and extra ones if you get hit) before he leaves.
** When he leaves, if you failed to collect exactly 3 you can use Garb animation to avoid the KO.
** If you succeed, Garb cancel as he comes down, get that 100% penetration and +15 Speed buff.
* Be ready to Tab BS to avoid the dome attack. If you get hit by it and if you don't flinch away, you get hit multiple times resulting in a KO.
* Be ready to Parry he shockwave when he holds his spear straight. It's an easy queue to Parry, but getting hit by it gives a Stamina debuff. If you lag, you can Parry TabR to make sure you avoid it. Chainswing for a bit and TabR the strong downward smash that comes after it.
** As long as you stay close, you don't need to worry about the bursts of light that also gives a Stamina debuff.
* Eweca's Nightmare
: Succubus Selren
* At 8.5 bars, she fires a bunch of homing orbs which if it hits gives a stamina drain debuff and also you are forced to walk towards her, followed by a target-like ground area where you die if you stand in the red area. She will do this again later.
** Easier to dodge it if you hold S and then Tab dodge.
** Start BS from the safe area if you didn't get hit.
** If you are hit, mash W (or any one directional key or E) to free yourself.
** This move can be cancelled by flinching her.
* At 7.5 bars, after a 10s cutscene, the lights dim and she marks 1 random player. She teleports behind them and slashes, if it hits anyone, they die in a 22s cutscene.
** Between each slash, she returns to the middle of the map for a quick attack.
** The marking doesn't last too long, Garb when it stops (lights brighten again) or after someone dies from it.
* Also she starts to randomly uses a special move that lasts 9s, where there is a cutscene and then she fires a large number of homing orbs.
** Dash up quickly to avoid them and proceed with attacking asap. If you have Dash on the quickslots, click it with your mouse to Dash during cutscene.
* Subterranean Laboratory
Above chart uses the average Chainswing times. This one here breaks that down.
Optimal DPS for sandbag is to end on Chainswing 1. So if you do this, you do about 4% more damage compared to BS L BS Rx5 repeat, which ends on Chainswing 3.
This is the Parry delay for Chainswing 3.
Recharge time based on Attack Speed