[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game will close in 10 seconds

TheDestroyerTheDestroyer
Vindictus Rep: 645
in Tech Support
as title is stated. No errors, no in game message, no offer to submit report or anything, just game will close and it does... I have tried restarting my pc, repairing the install through launcher, deleting files and repairing install, restarting multiple times. I cannot stay logged in game keeps closing.

Edit: after doing a test i got some interesting results, although i still cant play due to the game closing.

I can stay logged in technically at the character selection screen indefinitely and the game does not close (however that does not count towards event timer, also i sat on that screen for 5 mins) i can also switch between my characters without the game closing on me, but once i stay logged in on any of my characters (about a min or so) i get that message and boom back to desktop.
schw4rzEnchiladaMonster2edgy4u

Comments

• PanzerDamePanzerDame
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    Bump. I also have same issue as well.

I asked my friend to log in his account on my computer, and he is perfectly fine. Then, I login mine in his computer, and my issue will exist.

I believe the issue is came from our account or our characters.

Please help.
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,445
    this has happened again today
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    There is one thing I discovered a day ago.

I created and played a whole new character in EU server (I am based on NA server) with the same NX account and computer. It's turned out playing EU server WILL NOT caused the game client to close down. When I came back out and entered NA server, game client still close down.

There must be something wrong to our affected characters on server side that can caused the game client to close down, rather than our game client or computer.
    nevionspaho
  • aijks2046aijks2046
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Same thing happened to me since about a month ago. Anybody got a solution yet?
  • Rin_NanasakiRin_Nanasaki
    Vindictus Rep: 620
    Same thing happened to me 3 month ago. Ever since i posted a ticket with this problem but they insist on finding a problem in my computer when I've told them i can play without problems with another account but not with main and only not on EU server. my second account works fine on both EU and NA servers. Also in my case the game gives that message when its loading the character i chose so except a very few times i never see the Inn. If someone knows a way to fix or something that can help please let me know because obviously Nexon isn't capable.
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    aijks2046 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me since about a month ago. Anybody got a solution yet?
    Same thing happened to me 3 month ago. Ever since i posted a ticket with this problem but they insist on finding a problem in my computer when I've told them i can play without problems with another account but not with main and only not on EU server. my second account works fine on both EU and NA servers. Also in my case the game gives that message when its loading the character i chose so except a very few times i never see the Inn. If someone knows a way to fix or something that can help please let me know because obviously Nexon isn't capable.

I guess we are in the same boat, but I am in worst position right now.

On November 30th, 2018, Nexon Customer Support (CS) staffs told me that "this particular issue is being checked to formulate a solution to the problem. For now, I would like to ask for your utmost patience as our game team is already aware of this situation." With this wording, that means the CS staffs were "looking for an solution to a problem that they acknowledged it from their side."

Here is the email reply:
    EMAIL2.jpg

On December 22nd, 2018, I have received reply from Nexon, and they told me that my account was banned for using third party hacking program, and there is a "record" about it. Again, I gave them two recording videos of the issue, from both myself and my friend computer, as evidence that this issue does not came from client program but server side. CS staffs insisted that they found no error on their investigation method, and ban is standing. I am even requested to speak to their department manager or higher-up, but they only replied me that "they understand my frustration" and quickly closed my ticket to end the conversation.

Here are the recording of issue with censorship apply on my private information:

My computer:
    https://youtu.be/Hr7sWPyCxtE

My Friend's Computer:
    https://youtu.be/2jzgoml3Xoo

As Nexon CS team said that my account was banned, I sent out an another ticket for ban appeal by pointing out the investigation is incomplete and flawed, and they need to manual-checking on my account. The CS team replied me that the decision was taken based on multiple GMs , and the account ban was "Best interest of our players in the community". Again, they closed down my ban appeal ticket and not willing to discuss further about it.

Here is the ban appeal respond (My real name censored):
    EMAIL.jpg
    ^(Working at 2 AM and replied exactly 2 hours after I sent ticket? Something not right here.)

From my previous experience, if my account banned, the message should shown up as "Your account had been permanently banned. Please contact customer support for more information." (Link), or "We're sorry! This user ID's login access has been restricted in accordance with our policies. Please submit a Customer Service ticket on the website." (Link) after you clicked "Game Start" at main menu. Also, the ban decision should be solely depended on manager who headed CS department, rather than decided by majority of CS team. The ban on my account and its process by blocking me with "Game will close in 10 seconds" message is simply premature and unprofessional action for CS team.

For those of you still waiting for solution, I am afraid all of you might need to wait around February (or June would be best) to submit ticket again because these time might be the next shift of next CS team (and this how Sanitee got unbanned where she sent out ticket after a year). The current CS team is on par with Electronic Arts CS team level (like YongYea said), and it would be wise to not waste any time with them. Hopefully you all have good luck on next ticket.

Again. like Rin said, if anyone have solution without Nexon, feel free to share it with us.
  • aijks2046aijks2046
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Thanks for the detailed story PanzerDame. Still no luck on my end. After reading your story i combed my email looking for a ban message but nothing. I have come to accept that this account might as well be dead. I am going back to swtor after 7 years. Despite the lackluster action, i do enjoy the voice acting and the a hole story of a Sith warrior.
  • PanzerDamePanzerDame
    aijks2046 wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed story PanzerDame. Still no luck on my end. After reading your story i combed my email looking for a ban message but nothing. I have come to accept that this account might as well be dead. I am going back to swtor after 7 years. Despite the lackluster action, i do enjoy the voice acting and the a hole story of a Sith warrior.

Your welcome.

I am fully respect your decision about quitting Vindictus or not, but if you still want to continue, just don't give up hope yet.
    We could try send out ticket again after 6 months or a year later. Maybe the CS team after that time maybe different, and have better communication and problem solving skills.

Otherwise, thank you for your time spent in Vindictus. Wish you well over other games.