[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Bow Kai Change (10/11/2018 test server)

EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
Vindictus Rep: 3,810
Posts: 440
Member
edited October 11, 2018 in Kai




fc00eee71af9a894ad8084e6dd7888c8.JPG

Comments

  • Ryo6Ryo6
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Posts: 4
    Member
    What are the changes?
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    Posts: 273
    Member
    What's the takeaway in Korea on this? Has Bow Kai finally been brought up to par with Xgun DPS wise? Or is it just useful for soloing?
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,810
    Posts: 440
    Member
    edited November 2, 2018
    X1Guts1X wrote: »
    What's the takeaway in Korea on this? Has Bow Kai finally been brought up to par with Xgun DPS wise? Or is it just useful for soloing?

    Reading through the inven posts, it is still same mechanic wise, but overall better DPS in a party setting, especially in redeemers where the boss hitbox is extremely tiny. The ricochet arrow also aims toward boss instead of hitting at the ground now.

    The autoaim you get with arrowstorm is not perfect though. While it will aim toward the boss no matter which direction you throw your barrel at, it will not track the boss if it happens to swiftly move away, making you miss the hit regardless.

    So far these changes are better than nothing, but he's still the worst character to solo bosses out of all characters.
  • sadrazamsadrazam
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    Posts: 21
    Member
    They just put a little bit of sprinkles on a pile of sh*t and called it a day. Bow was horrible and still is horrible. The current mechanics are not compatible with the game. s3 and later even worse. Bow kai mainers/fans can deny all they want and come up with excuses all they want.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 470
    Member
    sadrazam wrote: »
    They just put a little bit of sprinkles on a pile of sh*t and called it a day. Bow was horrible and still is horrible. The current mechanics are not compatible with the game. s3 and later even worse. Bow kai mainers/fans can deny all they want and come up with excuses all they want.

    38c.png
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Posts: 488
    Member
    edited January 7
    So far changes are, invul on dodge went up to .50(same has crosssgun), can cancel mid way dodge grapple with dodge, increase hitbox on fixed shot so a lot easier to hit bosses like neam, fixed the auto aim bug, mag shots will hit fully on a boss now and up to 5 hits, auto aimed Arrow storm with a hunter eye hit from a move before, hunter eye damage works on all hits of a certain attack rather then just one hit for ex. if you hit a hunter eye mark with a mag you will get hunter eye damage on every hit of that mag.

  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 470
    Member
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    So far changes are, invul on dodge went up to .50(same has crosssgun)

    I thought it was 0.4?
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    Posts: 488
    Member
    edited January 19
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    So far changes are, invul on dodge went up to .50(same has crosssgun)

    I thought it was 0.4?

    thought what was 0.4? Crossgun? his dodge is 0.5 and with the post buff bow kai has the same or around the same(no conformation from nexon, just personal tests based on neams slam when she comes back down, both dodges seam right equal.)
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 3,335
    Posts: 470
    Member
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    So far changes are, invul on dodge went up to .50(same has crosssgun)

    I thought it was 0.4?

    thought what was 0.4? Crossgun? his dodge is 0.5 and with the post buff bow kai has the same or around the same(no conformation from nexon, just personal tests based on neams slam when she comes back down, both dodges seam right equal.)


    Nonono, I'm aware that crossgun was 0.5 seconds. Bow Kai's dodge pre-buff was 0.3 seconds and I thought it was adjusted up to 0.4 seconds. I heard this from a KR bow kai, and after rereading what he said, he too is not certain but just guessed 0.4.

    khk 91 wrote:
    yes. In short, the percent of 'real damage' (damage to enemy) / 'total damage' (suppose all hit) against small humanoid form increase 40-50% to 65%-75%. Also, the time of invincibility in avoidance is increased 0.3 sec to 0.4sec ( guessed value, not certained.)
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,810
    Posts: 440
    Member
    edited January 30
    X1Guts1X wrote: »
    What's the takeaway in Korea on this? Has Bow Kai finally been brought up to par with Xgun DPS wise? Or is it just useful for soloing?

    Now that we have his long awaited (over)buff, he's top dps amongst all classes as of now.

    Besides QoL changes, hunter's mark becomes much easier to hit, and ricochet follow-up from key skills links to boss properly. His skill ceiling is essentially lowered down by a ton and he's able to deal the damage he was supposed to be able to.

    It's also reflected in his usage in all servers. Aa you might have noticed, many xgun kai in NA have already swapped to using bow over xgun in onslaught. In TW server onslaught, the top 100 ranked onslaught players in the latest season included 14 Greatsword Hurk, 12 Bow Kais, 12 Spellsword Arisha. In that ranking, there were no pillar karok, glaive Lynn, hammer fiona or Teide hurk.

    The list:

    刀赫 14   弓凱 12  魔刃 12

    龍女 9    傘玲 8     赫基 7

    法杖 6    劍盾 6     王女 6

    槍凱 5    刀薇 5     槍塔 3

    鐮刀 3    鍊薇 2     眼袋 2

    拳魯 2    刀塔 1     魔鞭 1



    How the time have changed, bow kai is literally one punch man in onslaught now.