[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Game Crashes after selecting a character

CloakshireCloakshire
Vindictus Rep: 4,580
edited August 6, 2017 in Tech Support
Let me first say that I personally am not experiencing this issue on my machine. However, I am trying to get a friend into the game atm, and I'm making this post on his behalf. His comp is running Win10 and he's launching the game through steam. He was able to create a character, go through the prologue, and enter the world with no problem. After closing the game for the first time, it seems he cannot get back in. The game crashes every time he tries to enter after selecting his character.

I instructed him to go though steam and have it verify the game's integrity to which no issues were found. I had a hunch that it may be related to windows 10 because I also play through steam but I'm currently running a Win7 machine. So the only difference between our systems seems to be the OS. So, while at work today, I tried installing Vindictus on two of our laptops to test my theory. Both of these laptops are running windows 10, and are more than capable of handling Vin. I installed through steam on one and through the Nexon launcher on the other. After the installs were finished, I tried logging in on both machines. I was able to enter the world just fine on both machines at first, but after I restarted the game, I started receiving the same issue he was.

Note: On both of the tester machines, I verified that the games were installed properly & that no files were missing/corrupt. I tried playing around with compatibility settings as well to see if that was the issue but no luck.

This is pretty much what happens:

1. Open Steam/Nexon Launcher
2. Launch the Game
3. Vindictus loads up just fine
4. I'm able to put in my merc code at the character selection screen
5. I'm able to select a character and enter the game
6. Game Crashes on the Loading screen every time

Any information or suggestion would be much appreciated becasue this seems to be a common issue as it's affecting my friend plus the two tester machines at work. Maybe it's just something that needs to be set in Win10? Wonder how many people are having this same issue.

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Tried installing on a THIRD machine today. The install went smooth, verified all the files, but yet the game still crashes to desktop whenever you try and enter the game after selecting a character.

Does anyone have any ideas?
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited August 9, 2017
    Reinstalled Vindictus on all three machines, still having this problem.

Made sure Directx was properly installed; Made sure Windows was completely up to date; all drivers up to date.