[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How much did you spend gearing for Counterforce?

ablackwomanablackwoman
Vindictus Rep: 1,200
edited January 1, 2019 in General Discussion
Just trying to get an idea of the average amounts people spend in gold gearing up for Astera.

For Claire I think it's 75 CF, Elchulus 80 CF, and Macha 120 CF.

I'm on the grind right now to get the requirements for the full Astera area (stuck at Claire at the moment).

Comments

• IntoHellIntoHell
    Vindictus Rep: 990
    Took a lot of ERP
    Tetsujin
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    If you look a few pages back there's a thread where a few people talk about how much they spent. Spoiler: a lot to get to 100
    ablackwoman
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    If you look a few pages back there's a thread where a few people talk about how much they spent. Spoiler: a lot to get to 100

I think 100 is a pretty low estimate it gets stupid expensive in the +15-+20 range 1m per try (not including mats) and likely to max out the meter on each plus. Ithink it's 10 or 12 attempts to max out the fail meter at +20.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited January 2, 2019
    I spent around 210 mill in total the day of counterforce's introduction. I had the Innocent Cry Earring, but I was still rocking a sub/passion emerald beld along with a dead/passion thunder ring, and a sparkling/passion CMA. I had to buy up the mats to make all new accessories, re-enchant them, and then proceed to plus them. I had to forgo my dead in favor of another sparkling, and subdued in favor of petite. Luckily I had stockpiled about ~320m over the months leading up to the release so I was prepared.

I now sit at 100 CF exact. (+16 Innocent Cry, +15 Frozen Dagger/Thorn, and +14 Woeful Belt). There's no need for me to enhance them further as it's enough to gain entry into everything. I'll bump them up more when Agares comes out.
    ablackwoman
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I am wondering who was the idiot to introduce this new stat and made the bar to actually do decent damage to boss so high?
    Vinditcus gotta introduce a new way for players to make gold. OJ drops from 90 are worthless since 90lv players get that +12 gear. 95 gear is oversaturated the market for now since it has been 2 years and most players probably will not change since +12 out do +8 -+10 dulla. (Reforging is way out of range for starters)

Beating bosses and also buying campfire bonus leave rewards barely enough to repair gear afterwards. So everyone is just selling Scroll to make just a bit of gold.

Please lower the prices for superior campfires, increase the odds of the explosion campfire or sudden gold drops in dungeons. I been playing since those were implemented and I never gotten any of those yet... Also give us a counter for Penny pincher title! I been burning and giving those stupid spirit things and nothing yet.
  • NLighteningNLightening
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    As a new player, it seems ridiculous I have to get new earrings, 2x rings, and a belt for absurd prices just to get an artificial stat.

The stat doesn't even help you in the lower level raids? Feels like you get no reward.

If the rings didn't cost 50-100m base, it would be a little bit better.
    Sir_Render
  • EmerthystEmerthyst
    Vindictus Rep: 2,690
    edited January 2, 2019
    Zeroheart wrote: »
    .. Also give us a counter for Penny pincher title! I been burning and giving those stupid spirit things and nothing yet.

It's around 1000 you really shouldn't even start burning spirit remnants until you get 1000 to burn all at once.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited January 3, 2019
    CF shouldn't exists in the first place, atm its only a giant wall of gold that separates players. It gives a ridiculous small amount of att, and a stat that doesn't increase your dps, just makes you deal your original dps on 3 particular raids. I wish they removed it, and change it with something else, like more att (this comes from someone who already has CF capped)
    Sir_Render
  • NLighteningNLightening
    Vindictus Rep: 625
    Nokaubure wrote: »
    CF shouldn't exists in the first place, atm its only a giant wall of gold that separates players. It gives a ridiculous small amount of att, and a stat that doesn't increase your dps, just makes you deal your original dps on 3 particular raids. I wish they removed it, and change it with something else, like more att (this comes from someone who already has CF capped)

Well, I heard that they are changing the special raids to require CF. rip
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735

That is right.
    To be more specific they're deleting the current special raids and replacing them with two new ones (one of Havan and one of old Glas).
    They will have crit rate of 173, crit resistance of 127, and counterforce resistance of 20 (so you need 120 counterforce to do full damage).

Level requirement will be 100 instead of 90 of the old ones, and the bracelet boxes will drop ONLY in these new special dungeons, so bracelet prices are expected to skyrocket.

No idea what they were smoking when they've made these decisions (like they could've easily just left the lvl 90 special dungeons alone, for the more casual farmers?), but as of now it is what it is.

My sources:
    http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2471/41952
    http://www.inven.co.kr/board/heroes/2471/41953
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited January 3, 2019
    BOK_CHOI wrote: »

That is right.
    To be more specific they're deleting the current special raids and replacing them with two new ones (one of Havan and one of old Glas).
    They will have crit rate of 173, crit resistance of 127, and counterforce resistance of 20 (so you need 120 counterforce to do full damage).

Level requirement will be 100 instead of 90 of the old ones, and the bracelet boxes will drop ONLY in these new special dungeons, so bracelet prices are expected to skyrocket.

No idea what they were smoking when they've made these decisions (like they could've easily just left the lvl 90 special dungeons alone, for the more casual farmers?), but as of now it is what it is.

My sources:

I like the idea of making older bosses relevant at least. Having 20 CF means you'd only need 90 to gain entry via quick battle which isn't all that bad. Regarding the bracelet boxes though, are you saying that the masterpiece bracelet boxes will no longer drop in Season 2 and Season 3 fights? They're being restricted to just two raids? If so, I "would" be okay with this if the drop rate was good enough and if they removed leather bracelets making copper the common, silver the rare, and gold becoming the super rare. I can kind of see why they're putting a CF resistance on them which is to prevent players from steamrolling the boss in 5 minutes. However, people with 120CF are usually OP to the point of having enough ATT, ALR, and ADD that they can already melt a boss's HP.

I do have a suggestion that could replace/fix counterforce. My suggestion is to scale the player's damage based on the difference between their level and the boss's level. Make these new bosses level 110, and make it so for every level the boss is above the player, that's -5% damage up to a max of -50%. Level 100 players will only do 50% dmg. When the level cap is raised to 105, max level players will then be doing 75% of their damage. Finally when the level cap is raised to 110, max players will match and cap damage at 100%. This would force new content to be consistently challenging until two or three later expansions have been released. This also fixes the CF problem and makes it so that player level is a factor in determining dps potential.
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    edited January 3, 2019
    Cloakshire wrote: »

That is right.

My sources:

I like the idea of making older bosses relevant at least. Having 20 CF means you'd only need 90 to gain entry via quick battle which isn't all that bad. Regarding the bracelet boxes though, are you saying that the masterpiece bracelet boxes will no longer drop in Season 2 and Season 3 fights? They're being restricted to just two raids? If so, I "would" be okay with this if the drop rate was good enough and if they removed leather bracelets making copper the common, silver the rare, and gold becoming the super rare. I can kind of see why they're putting a CF resistance on them which is to prevent players from steamrolling the boss in 5 minutes. However, people with 120CF are usually OP to the point of having enough ATT, ALR, and ADD that they can already melt a boss's HP.

I do have a suggestion that could replace/fix counterforce. My suggestion is to scale the player's damage based on the difference between their level and the boss's level. Make these new bosses level 110, and make it so for every level the boss is above the player, that's -5% damage up to a max of -50%. Level 100 players will only do 50% dmg. When the level cap is raised to 105, max level players will then be doing 75% of their damage. Finally when the level cap is raised to 110, max players will match and cap damage at 100%. This would force new content to be consistently challenging until two or three later expansions have been released. This also fixes the CF problem and makes it so that player level is a factor in determining dps potential. If this were to be done, I would be okay with the devs drastically increasing the exp requirement to gain levels above 100.

Oh yes for sure it is nice to be able to interact with the older bosses without one-shot K.O.-ing them, and I'd certainly like to see more and more of the special raids coming. But also for that same reason I feel that they should've just left the old special raids which are more accessible (stat-wise), and made the new special raids an additional content instead of making it the replacement content of the older special raids. That'd mean that everyone gets more contents to enjoy, so I don't really see the good in deleting the older special raids for the new ones.

And yes, that patch note says the droppage of masterpiece bracelet boxes will be confined to just the new special raids; it will no longer drop in any other dungeons in the entire game.

And I surely like that idea much more than the way CF works now; that way anyone could reach the max damage potential just by leveling up their characters, without having to spend bucketloads of gold and going through even more RNG than they already have to. What could I say, I just wish Nexon could agree with that.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited January 3, 2019
    But also for that same reason I feel that they should've just left the old special raids which are more accessible (stat-wise), and made the new special raids an additional content instead of making it the replacement content of the older special raids. That'd mean that everyone gets more contents to enjoy, so I don't really see the good in deleting the older special raids for the new ones.

To possibly answer the underlined part, I agree that more content is good, but I also think that the current special raids were poorly executed to begin with. All these fights boil down to is rounding up both bosses in a corner, transforming/stimulants, and beating the ever living **** out of them while tanking hits. It's a pretty brain-dead process and it's the reason why I never really bothered with special battles. Overhauling older bosses for current max level stats is definitely better imo. But instead of just Havan and Glas, they should have added in many more bosses.

If they added in bosses like Siggy, or Irukul, they would need some of their mechanics adjusted. Like in RAR siggy, people just power through his petrification phase because it only recovers 1 bar which can easily be re-dps'd. Make it so he recovers his HP to full & gains 10% attack power upon failing to break his stone skin. This gives people an incentive to do mechanics and punishes people that try to whale through them. My idea for Irukul would be to make it so he has a 90% damage reduction on him from the start and for every rock dropped on him, his reduction is lowered 15%. This makes people have to drop rocks, unless they wanna spend the whole raid only doing 10% dmg. I've got ideas for other bosses, but these are just two examples.
  • BOK_CHOIBOK_CHOI
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    But also for that same reason I feel that they should've just left the old special raids which are more accessible (stat-wise), and made the new special raids an additional content instead of making it the replacement content of the older special raids. That'd mean that everyone gets more contents to enjoy, so I don't really see the good in deleting the older special raids for the new ones.

To possibly answer the underlined part, I agree that more content is good, but I also think that the current special raids were poorly executed to begin with. All these fights boil down to is rounding up both bosses in a corner, transforming/stimulants, and beating the ever living **** out of them while tanking hits. It's a pretty brain-dead process and it's the reason why I never really bothered with special battles. Overhauling older bosses for current max level stats is definitely better imo. But instead of just Havan and Glas, they should have added in many more bosses.

If they added in bosses like Siggy, or Irukul, they would need some of their mechanics adjusted. Like in RAR siggy, people just power through his petrification phase because it only recovers 1 bar which can easily be re-dps'd. Make it so he recovers his HP to full & gains 10% attack power upon failing to break his stone skin. This gives people an incentive to do mechanics and punishes people that try to whale through them. My idea for Irukul would be to make it so he has a 90% damage reduction on him from the start and for every rock dropped on him, his reduction is lowered 15%. This makes people have to drop rocks, unless they wanna spend the whole raid only doing 10% dmg. I've got ideas for other bosses, but these are just two examples.

I agree that they were quite poorly made - so little attention and effort had taken place in making them that even the simplest things like setting up a campfire is a hassle on some of the maps (Desert Contract and Shining Keaghan). That and I wonder if they could've done some further re-work so that the bosses don't become entrance/corner sandbags like you've mentioned. Perhaps that's why the new specials raids feature one boss each instead of two.

Yeah it's a bit disappointing that there's only two so far I'd like to think/hope that they are indeed planning on bringing more specials based on the older contents and this is just the start. Whether that's true or not, guess we'll have to see. Whatever the case I hope that this time they don't just wing 'em and call it a day.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Emerthyst wrote: »

I think 100 is a pretty low estimate it gets stupid expensive in the +15-+20 range 1m per try (not including mats) and likely to max out the meter on each plus. Ithink it's 10 or 12 attempts to max out the fail meter at +20.

I was saying a lot of gold to get to 100 CF +best
  • ablackwomanablackwoman
    I agree that it's a big hurdle, but I love this game so I'm just gonna tough it out and deal with it. I looked back at the previous thread and based on other responses I have an idea of the hell I'm in for lol.

• NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Damn don't touch my special raids, I already lost gauntlets in the past... I can solo special raids in 3 minutes so they serve me as a way to rush the 0/10 raids guild mission when I'm tired of doing astera raids.
    I hate when they remove maps in this game.
  • ablackwomanablackwoman
    edited January 4, 2019
    I think because of this thread everyone has bought up the silver bracelets lol..
    Damn don't touch my special raids, I already lost gauntlets in the past... I can solo special raids in 3 minutes so they serve me as a way to rush the 0/10 raids guild mission when I'm tired of doing astera raids.

I feel ya, it seems like wasted effort on their end.
  • CloakshireCloakshire

I would agree with you if the current special battles were more than just brain-dead sandbag fights.