[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus 2018 Impressions Review

Comments

• RossaryRossary
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    edited June 21, 2018
    @Stix : "One should play till end game content, then decide " , it dosent take long time to max lvl thease days, all good stuff starts at lvl 90, regarding pvp, ppl still do it beacause of artifacts, siege war, word on street is that there are new pvp modes in progress , theare was small teaser vid about it. One might like vindictus if one enjoys great cambat, interesting boss mechanics, grinding, gearing, fashion, small but friendly +cold communities, quite decent UI, puting time into charachter, and becoming that character, (one can get quite invested in one toon, i see ppl who plays one calls for ages), though , these days one wants to max lvl like 10 chars, for passive bonuses, there is LOTS of free cosmetics. First season maps are not so "open world" as one might like, but season 3 maps are quite big. As for for hard core endgame :there is
    +15/+20 gear,(+13 one can get for"free")
    item inffusion,
    fashion+shy( thease days have lots of free fashion stuffs, like wings ,costumes ect.),
    Enchanting gear
    Maxiing gear
    Soloing(recently one can do raids many times, than before, even vithout vip,
    Farming/speed running dungeons
    Titles
    Plus cool emotes in chat and animated :D
    and if you like more crowded battle there is Neamhain and Balor
    All in all, no time like present to come back, as it is now its most casual/noob friendly than ever.
    Goatanks
  • noctrednoctred
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited June 22, 2018
    I would appreciate more if someone made an end-game review or a video comparing the 2010-2012 era with the current era emphasizing on the character development, the obtaining of skills, gear, stones, scrolls, etc., the ways to get them, how much effort it required to make a character ready for the new battles compared to how and what you have to grind for them now, etc.

It's not exactly what you asked for, but the OP's video sparked my interest in finishing a Vindi review I had started some time back but never found the motivation to complete, till now.

Hopefully it's a positive contribution -

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/8szx6d/review_vindictus_in_2018/
    EmerthystCloakshireZentrixxRobertLiviaElynsaGoatanks
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited June 22, 2018
    noctred wrote: »
    I would appreciate more if someone made an end-game review or a video comparing the 2010-2012 era with the current era emphasizing on the character development, the obtaining of skills, gear, stones, scrolls, etc., the ways to get them, how much effort it required to make a character ready for the new battles compared to how and what you have to grind for them now, etc.

It's not exactly what you asked for, but this video sparked my interest in finishing a Vindi review I had started some time back but never found the motivation to complete, till now.

Now this is a true review that really tells what the game has to offer. It even points out the negatives but also explains why they exist and how to deal with them.

I'm half tempted to see if I can get in contact with the author and get permission to use their review in a video. I've got roughly 9 hours of footage for my walkthrough project made and narrating his review on top of appropriate scenes from the walkthrough could make a good video review.

I can also fill in the missing information for Lann, Hurk, and Sylas. Been playing Lann since beta, Hurk for about a year, and Sylas for about a month.
  • ChequitaChequita
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Damn, an impressions video 8 years after a game is released?

MMO community must really be running out of things to do.
  • noctrednoctred
    edited June 22, 2018
    Cloakshire wrote: »
    I'm half tempted to see if I can get in contact with the author and get permission to use their review in a video.

I'm the author ;)

I guess I could have worded that post more clearly. Use away.
    Sir_RenderGoatanks
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    I'm half tempted to see if I can get in contact with the author and get permission to use their review in a video.

I'm the author ;)

I guess I could have worded that post more clearly. Use away.

Thank you for the opportunity. I will be sure to credit you and link the Reddit post in the description. It's not going to be immediate as I'm only level 67 in my playthrough, so once I have footage all the way to end game I'll go ahead and start working on that.
  • Sir_RenderSir_Render
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    However, it doess reward you if you're patient and stick with it.
    Played since beta Never got a +11 weapon till the Bravery shop update
    Still haven't gotten a +13 or higher since the Bravery shop update

It isn't a matter of Patience it's a matter of Luck

Though i agree this Reviewer doesn't seem to have a clue what they are talking about
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I didn't bother watching the video or reading the article, but on bottom of the second you can read following:
    Please take a moment to note that these were just my impressions of the game and do not ultimately reflect the game in its entirety.
    This was just the first 20 levels of the game.
    Ask yourself how long does it take to get first 20 levels in the game. An hour maybe? You can't expect anyone to make review anywhere close to reality with so little time played.
    Goatanks
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    SirRFI wrote: »
    I didn't bother watching the video or reading the article, but on bottom of the second you can read following:
    Please take a moment to note that these were just my impressions of the game and do not ultimately reflect the game in its entirety.
    This was just the first 20 levels of the game.
    Ask yourself how long does it take to get first 20 levels in the game. An hour maybe? You can't expect anyone to make review anywhere close to reality with so little time played.

This is true as it is just an impressions video, but he does mention things that are just flat out incorrect and unaware people are probably going to take what he says at face value. It would have been a lot better if he gave the disclaimer at the start of his video/article rather than putting it at the end. Putting a bad taste in people's mouths about a game before saying "it's just an impression," will still leave a bad taste.

Just my two cents on that.
    Goatanks
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited June 22, 2018
    Sir_Render wrote: »
    Still haven't gotten a +13 or higher since the Bravery shop update

It isn't a matter of Patience it's a matter of Luck

If you're only shooting for +13 on a lvl 90 weapon, then it's only a matter of patience. If you're going for +14 or using a level 95, then yeah, it's luck.
    Sir_Render
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375

It's not exactly what you asked for, but the OP's video sparked my interest in finishing a Vindi review I had started some time back but never found the motivation to complete, till now.

A review should be done while not trying to state personal views/preferences as facts. What most players are interested in are the difficulty/reward ratios. How much effort (eg.: grinding) is required for each reward, and how easily they can lose them. Especially in MMO's where most players are adults with jobs and everyday duties who don't want to play a game where they lose more than they win. If this part of a game is not balanced so it has more downsides, then that's a bad game, that's it.

The other parts are only additions to make the game a whole, and they are only a matter of opinion. Not everyone's jaw will drop when they see how beautiful the game is, or maybe for only a short time. They won't keep playing for long if the only things a game can provide are good graphics and pride for defeating a boss. Many games have that.

I hope you understand what i want to say.
  • ByteStixByteStix
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    Glad to have sparked such a passionate discussion!

Remember - this was my first impressions, not an actual "review" of the game. So anyone taking it as such missed the entire point of the video. It was merely to give our viewers a look at how the game plays in 2018 for someone tackling it for the first time. You're more than welcome to flame away and criticize the video - it's your prerogative. At the end of the day, my viewers enjoyed watching me mess around for a few hours as a newbie, and that's really what counts.

Regardless, thank you all for chiming in to the discussion! Glad to see the community isn't dead yet!
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    It was so good, that I just un-subbed your channel. I havent watched ur stuff for a long time, but this is just garbage. Any game worth reviewing deserves more than this. And while Vindi may not be the most popular it certainly deserves a more in depth look than what u gave it. If thats all the effort you're going to put into your reviews, do yourself and the world a favor, and just stop.
    ZeroheartGoatanks
  • noctrednoctred
    ByteStix wrote: »
    Remember - this was my first impressions, not an actual "review" of the game. So anyone taking it as such missed the entire point of the video. It was merely to give our viewers a look at how the game plays in 2018 for someone tackling it for the first time.

But it doesn't give your viewers a look at how the game plays in 2018 - that's the problem and the complaint. It gives your viewers a look at the first hour of a glorified tutorial which does absolutely no service to how the game actually plays. Not only that, but you portray it in a somewhat sardonic and derisive manner. Who's honestly going to get excited about that?

What is it they say about first impressions? Oh yeah - your first impression is your last impression. That's more applicable today than it has ever been.
    CloakshireGoatanks
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited June 29, 2018
    At the end of the day, my viewers enjoyed watching me mess around for a few hours as a newbie, and that's really what counts.

Translation: At the end of the day, my video got views which got me paid, and that's really what counts. :rollseyes:
    NoburoTheStatsHeroGoatanks
  • GoatanksGoatanks
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited July 5, 2018
    Glad to have sparked such a passionate discussion!

Remember - this was my first impressions, not an actual "review" of the game. So anyone taking it as such missed the entire point of the video. It was merely to give our viewers a look at how the game plays in 2018 for someone tackling it for the first time. You're more than welcome to flame away and criticize the video - it's your prerogative. At the end of the day, my viewers enjoyed watching me mess around for a few hours as a newbie, and that's really what counts.

Regardless, thank you all for chiming in to the discussion! Glad to see the community isn't dead yet!

Don't FKing Lie to us; this is not your first impressions of the game. You were here last year asking about the player population:

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2864/new-players-how-is-the-population

Your Channel has multiple Vindictus Videos where you and your wife just mess around:

https://youtube.com/channel/UC6y5h-dW-A6RBRHXDPlj9Rg/search?query=vindictus

None of your videos even show content past Ainle. Both of you started this around December 2016; it's been two and a half years and this is all the content you've managed to produce for Vindictus?

What you really need to do is focus on quality vs quantity. You're both trying to play as many games as possible in the eyes of a brand new player. This does not help anybody because all gamers do this on their own when they try out a game.

Viewers learn nothing from these types of videos:

If you really care about producing better quality videos, stop rushing and take your time to play MMO's. Focus on one game at a time and play it for two months straight before switching to a different one.

Explore other things in Vindictus like the mini-games - Fishing/Resenlian's Labyrinth/Alban Festival. Show your viewers end game content, large scale raids with 15+ players, Guild Features, PvP, Holiday Events (Halloween, 4th of July, Christmas), individual character reviews/guides, and overall game progression.

Also stop trying to be funny; it's obvious that you're both trying way too hard. You're lucky Vindictus Players haven't thumbs downed all your videos yet.

Until you and your wife reach at least level 70 and unlock Season 3 Story Mode, nobody is ever going take your impressions, opinions, or reviews seriously.

Edit:

Don't believe anything from this guy. All he does is try to lie his way out of everything. This video has the same content as his written review on his website:

https://www.mmobyte.tv/vindictus-game-review/#comments

Don't fall for his obvious click bait attempt and just let this thread die. What we really need to do is thumbs down and flag the video on youtube.

The reason why he never posted any of this on forums is because he literally calls Nexon a Cash Cow and was afraid it would be locked.

Here is proof:

Ay1gByH.png

eid3BBi.png

YiF69MU.png

3TC4EPy.png

IeZEws2.png
    Goatanks wrote: »
    How do rate this game 1.5 stars for PvP/PvE and Story Content when you can't even get past level 20?

Easy, because from what I experienced, that's what I felt it deserved. Yes, neither Wiggy and I, nor my wife and I have ever made it beyond level 40. MMO reviews are very different to movie reviews, or reviews of video games that can be finished in 20-30 hours. MMOs often take hundreds to fully experience everything, and by that logic, wouldn't really ever be possible to fully rate, considering so many have populations so minuscule that experiencing the content is virtually impossible. While the written review on the website features an ending review of the game based off of 40 levels of experience, the video does not, and is there for my viewers to enjoy.

@ ByteStix

I don't see anywhere in your written review saying that this was based of your 40 levels of experience.

Do you still even have access to your level 40 character or did it get banned?

Is that why you criticized Nexon? - Because you got mad that your character was banned and you thought you could come back here and diss the game?

Stop trying to lie to us, you're obviously not good at it. Both your written review and video review have the exact same information.

Why am I editing on my first post? - Because I don't want to bump your thread anymore; you can do that yourself.
    Jinyie
  • ByteStixByteStix
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    It wasn't my first impression, it was my wives. As for the title - I labeled it "Vindictus 2018 Impressions" as it was not my first impression, whereas I traditionally label first impressions as such.

Also, I don't want them taken seriously. Not sure why anyone would take an impressions video seriously, honestly, and not sure why you believe they should.

If MMOTuber's took 2 months per video, they'd have no following, sorry. That's just not how these things work.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    edited June 30, 2018
    Also, I don't want them taken seriously. Not sure why anyone would take an impressions video seriously, honestly, and not sure why you believe they should.

But that's just it. You can't deny that a good chunk of your viewers are probably people that don't think for themselves, but rather blindly accept what they see as fact. Not only that but people nowadays don't have much of an attention span, and probably won't watch the video all the way till the end to hear your disclaimer.

I said it before: While your script regarding combat and bosses seems okay on paper, the satirical and sarcastic way you presented it in your video makes it seem like you're trying to indirectly dump on the game. I wasn't the only one that noticed this as @Noctred pointed out you sardonic and derisive manner.

Not only that but you also blatantly stated wrong information as fact regarding armor, costumes, and PVP.

You may have titled the video as an impression, but it definitely carries some elements of a review. Those elements are most likely putting a bad taste in people's mouths therefore making them less likely to even consider giving the game a try after hearing you indirectly dump on it.

I'm very interested to hear a comment from you regarding these specific points.
    Goatanks
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited June 30, 2018
    About PvP he didn't state wrong information. If someone wanted to play this game for PvP, they would come to the wrong game.

Also there are many videos out there about games (even successful games) that state false informations. That's how the internet works. You have to accept that not everyone has the same taste you have that you can also easily assume as being false information, especially if you are a blind fanboy/fangirl.

Somehow most of the games aren't affected by bad impression videos, and they still have a growing playerbase. I hope at least people would understand the success of something doesn't depend on a few bad opinions. It depends on the creator's actions and attitude.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    About PvP he didn't state wrong information. If someone wanted to play this game for PvP, they would come to the wrong game.

Also there are many videos out there about games (even successful games) that state false informations. That's how the internet works. You have to accept that not everyone has the same taste you have that you can also easily assume as being false information, especially if you are a blind fanboy/fangirl.

I'm not trying to argue or anything, but these were his exact words.
    There is PvP in the game but it holds little importance outside of an entertaining side-activity that regrettably nobody really engages in.

I guess it depends on how you interpret his words, but PVP is one of the main routes players have to take if they want to get an artifact which for some characters is a borderline necessity. Sure you could take it slow and grind out Triumph Metals via daily tickets, incineration, Guild seal shop, and other packages, but PVP is probably the easiest way to grind out medals thus reinforcing its importance.

With that in mind, I don't really see how I'm falsely assuming that his information was incorrect because I'm a supposed fanboy. Some of his information is without a doubt incorrect, and all I'm doing is pointing it out.

Again, I'm not trying to start an argument, but rather just explain my point of view.