[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hunting Party

Arrow95Arrow95
Vindictus Rep: 2,515
edited March 30, 2017 in Kai
I still see Crossgun Kais not using Hunting Party, Which if you want to Crossgun kai optimally you will have to use Hunting Party since it boasts his damage by so much, how so? Every Attack on Crossgun kai regens sp, hunting party will bring that farther and if your using the optimal dps cycle with hunting party you will never run out of sp.

Optimal Dps Cycle: Start off with Hunting Party then Enahnce bolt after that Hollow>Perforate>Hollow>6shooter>hollow untill enhance bolt goes on cd(ps. when you dodge you can use the E key to drop an handbomb to boast your dps a little more) now that you're Enhance bolt is on cd you will have lots of sp left over from the Hunting Party with Perforate to do Bolt Storm After Bolt Storm follow with an Nuke, you my have enough sp left over or you will be close, if you dont have enough sp to do nuke just shoot you will be close anyway. after that Enhance bolt should be like 10 secs or less to start up again

Another Note: If you have 2 Crossgun kais you can keep hunting party up 100% of the time
  1. Hunting Party37 votes
    1. Still usless
       5% (2 votes)
    2. na you're crazy if you dont use Hunting Party
       95% (35 votes)

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I don't xgun anymore until I make a decent one again, but it was the norm for me to keep it up. It's annoying when there are multiple xguns in there not using it.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    They're pretty vital in neamhain runs. Speeding up the run so less one hit KO moves.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited March 31, 2017
    Doesnt matter on the Raid you're doing you should always do hunting party(Even if you dont have cat statue, it stacks with hunting party) since you will always get back more sp then you have spent
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Be a Social Animal.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    Be a Social Animal.

^^^^^^^ That title was the #1 reason I started using it.
    jeddyhi
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    i'm like one of maybe 3 kais on west who consistently use hp
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Vindictus Rep: 895
    Too bad that you cant play your kai in EU to show how wrong you are in your "deepeeS" rotation.. Since bosses can iframe, teleport it would only render useless what you think of being the optimal skills rotation for dmg..
    But i think that you had to find something else to still be somewhat relevant in this section..As a player you're at most decent. :)
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited May 29, 2017
    If you can pull off one full perforate with enhance bolt, during hunting party then it would be worth it but i guess everyone as there opinions
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    For a cat player i belive that hunting party can be useful. Since i'm a paw player, only by using perforate when hollow and sixie are in cd can boost my sp a bit (while in enhanced bolt ofc) and i can still rotate every skill if the boss permit it.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited May 31, 2017
    you know you are loseing dps by using paw since Crossgun kai is limited by his cooldowns, and even if you use paw beacuse it is fun, it will still give you a greater sp return by using hunting party.

There is not one reason why any crossgun kai should not be using hunting party, like i said one full enhance bolt perforate makes it worth it
    .Everyone as there own personal opinion you can freely or anyone else can say whatever is on there mind but my self with my 5 years of playing kai will do my best to keep all info about kai right, like alot of kais still think attspeed is usless.
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Not SP is my problem since when i'm using paw, the sp regen and triggering faster the 7th rank reload and A&D buff translates in dmg with rotating the skills super fast. If i'm adding a few perforates to it while in enhanced bolt mode, voila!
    And no, kai is only limited by how much he can crit in a run. :)
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Crossgun kais damage is based on his active skills which all have cooldowns, am not telling you how to play just getting it out there so other kais are not confused about kai, about crit if your capped its 50% chance but am sure you know that.
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    Nvm then. You miss my point entirely.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Paw is often more useful in fast-kill raid or time attack solo. But lacks consistency. Whether which one is better is something situational. I would say if you really want to test which one is better, just compare your SP consumption over 2 raids , and see if the amount of speed boost could offset the SP shortage you might experience from not picking Cat Statue.

However, hunting party would greatly smooth the gameplay of the whole team, especially some SP-dependent chars like Delia or Fiona. If I were to play gun kai I should spam hunting party as much as I could >_>
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    l'll stay this every single move of Crossgun gives sp and hunting party will take that farther, the cost of 180sp for hunting party is nothing what you will get back, if you only care about dps, you are hurting your self by not using it since Crossgun will get the most from it then any other class.

I will agree with you there about Paw for raids that are very fast or if you are in trans paw will overcome cat, but if you are gonna get a statue cat will help you out more then paw in most raids.

How Crossgun is set up as long as you have at least 50 attspeed paw is really no need since you can use hollow/perforate/6shooter and all have them on cooldown while having time to shoot, he is not like other classes his skills have cooldowns paw does not speed that up.
  • xCyclonusxCyclonus
    I'd prefer paw gameplay over anything. I dont need to test anything since it's already proven over the course of time that paw is better. Everyone else know that and i'm not going to insist. But hell, gonna give it a shot to hunting party more and in normal raids since 180 SP is fast to get anyway.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    It is pretty useful beacuse every single move of Crossgun kai gives sp(hand bomb,Hollow,Perforate,both parts of 6shooter) using hunting party will bring that farther.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    xCyclonus wrote: »
    I'd prefer paw gameplay over anything. I dont need to test anything since it's already proven over the course of time that paw is better. Everyone else know that and i'm not going to insist. But hell, gonna give it a shot to hunting party more and in normal raids since 180 SP is fast to get anyway.

i been trying paw out here and there, its proving more useful then i thought, i guess just depends on the raid but over all picking Cat/Paw there wont be 2 much of a difference far as damage and paw is more fun for sure.