[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Help me understand Season 3 Gearing

RyoukaiRyoukai
Vindictus Rep: 525
edited March 11, 2017 in General Discussion
As a returning player I've been unsure how exactly to gear up in the current season. Currently I run full Lugh (currently the helmet is full oj, then pants boots and gloves are purples that I intend to replace when I get to enchanting them- chest is currently blown up and I wear my wonderland chest in replacement) with my weapon being +11 Immoral Valor Scythe.

What I don't understand is all of the different armor types in Lugh, Terminus, Braha, Regina, etc. I've been told that there really is no difference between cloth vs light gear and heavy vs plate gear besides how they look because they share the same enchants and have the same stats. I don't understand the idea behind mixing the gear and with the different advice I've been given. Could I get some help understanding how gearing works, or provide resources to help me understand? I would like to make sure that I can gear optimally long-term.

If there is anything I'd like to do, its work on an offensive-based (attack speed preferably) set, but I am mostly asking for an general idea of how gearing works so that I could also go defensive should I choose to. I'm not looking for what exactly to buy for my goal, but to understand what works and why for specific armor builds before I start buying things.

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    you mix gear types like light and heavy/plate, with the best kind of enchants for each armor type to achieve the min-max stats
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Ryoukai wrote: »
    As a returning player I've been unsure how exactly to gear up in the current season. Currently I run full Lugh (currently the helmet is full oj, then pants boots and gloves are purples that I intend to replace when I get to enchanting them- chest is currently blown up and I wear my wonderland chest in replacement) with my weapon being +11 Immoral Valor Scythe.

What I don't understand is all of the different armor types in Lugh, Terminus, Braha, Regina, etc. I've been told that there really is no difference between cloth vs light gear and heavy vs plate gear besides how they look because they share the same enchants and have the same stats. I don't understand the idea behind mixing the gear and with the different advice I've been given. Could I get some help understanding how gearing works, or provide resources to help me understand? I would like to make sure that I can gear optimally long-term.

If there is anything I'd like to do, its work on an offensive-based (attack speed preferably) set, but I am mostly asking for an general idea of how gearing works so that I could also go defensive should I choose to. I'm not looking for what exactly to buy for my goal, but to understand what works and why for specific armor builds before I start buying things.

The base stats of all level 90 gear is the same because devcat got lazy and realised it was easier to copy and paste stats over then attempt to differentiate gear.

The only real difference is if you use r7 scrolls. In general, r7 scrolls are divided into two types : offense oriented (cloth/light) and defense oriented (heavy/plate).

The difference between cloth/light or heavy/plate is basically 35 ATT per r7 scroll, and whatever DEF difference the skill gives you. Heavier armor probably still breaks less often.

Most people either go full cloth/light for maximum ATT (which is useful in areas with no attack cap, such as nif, RR and shining keag) or do a mix of 3 heavy/plate and 3 cloth/light. r7 enchants for heavy/plate boots/gloves are really good. For the 3rd piece, people either go heavy/plate chest (since you are sticking temporal/master on it most likely) or the weapon.

Depending on your character, r7 journeying on cloth/light helm/pants may be good as it gives +1% crit in addition to lots of crit resist and other stats. If you are attack speed dependant, you will probably need 2x enthus to cram in one more fast es though. Pretty much nobody uses expeditionary ES (oh look 4% crit resist, who cares).
  • RyoukaiRyoukai
    edited March 11, 2017
    Is there no difference between Terminus and Lugh armor since they share enchantments?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited March 11, 2017
    Is there no difference between Terminus and Lugh armor?

Other than the +70 att per R7 enchant on armor... and Cloth armor being easier to break than light armor, no.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Armorsmith cannot craft lugh armor, and Tailor cannot craft Regina armor.

If you want an offensive set, but want a balance of defense to boot, I would recommend Term sent + braha.

Term sent weapon, head, and leg. Braha, chest, arm, and boot.

Full term set or full lugh set if you want a pure offensive set.

Enlightened x2 (Head + leg) = crit +4, resist +2, Bal +2, Speed +4, att +420 (extra 140 if lugh)

Silent x2 (arm + boot) = crit +2, resist -4, Bal +4, Speed +4, att +220 (extra 140 if lugh), Def +300

Declarative x2 (arm + boot) = Resist +2, Bal +8, Speed +2, att + 660 (extra 140 if lugh), Def -660

Enthusiastic x2 (head + leg) = bal +10, att + 540 if STR, 564 if INT, Def -740

Totals after enchanting everything I mentioned:

+6 crit,
    +0 resist,
    +24 balance (can be exchanged for 15 speed via triple fast enchant scroll),
    +10 speed,
    +1,940 att OR +1,964 M.ATT (+420 more if lugh),
    Defense -1,100

Dual Dead gives 10 balance and resistance at the cost of 80 strength (216 att) and 900 health,

Valor gives 5 balance and 4 speed while giving 130 att or 119 m.att

Immoral gives 8 crit, 4 speed, 220 att, while losing 5 resist.

max 90 weapon rolls (base and 2 star)

ATT: 11800

M. ATT: 11800

BALANCE: 75

CRIT: 52

ATT SPEED: 9

STR: 110 (+297 att)

AGI: 58

INT: 148

WIL: 80

I did grab some aspects from EU forums, but this should give a general idea on where to go for max potential.

2 star max legendary solid shards = 180 str (+486 att), 243 int

180 STR x5 = 900 STR (+2430 att)

243 INT x5 = 1,215 INT

set bonus of 6 parts: 120 STR (324 att), 162 INT

Hope this will help.

kuraikage
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Is there no difference between Terminus and Lugh armor since they share enchantments?

Lugh will probably be cheaper aside from having slightly lower DEF, since less people want it.
  • RyoukaiRyoukai
    edited March 12, 2017
    If I decided to do a mixed set, are the chest and weapon types switchable? Say I wanted to mix Cloth with Heavy (Lugh/Braha).

I could do Braha Weapon, Feet, and Hands with Lugh Chest, Helm, and Legs OR I could do Braha Chest, Feet, and Hands with Lugh Weapon, Helm, and Legs - and both variations would essentially be the same?

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Lugh chest : Well-Balanced
    Braha chest : no Well-Balance, so you'll have to go with Temporal's.

Temporal's gives 4 crit, 6 crit res, HP +80, DEF +1XX (idr), Balance -3.
    WB gives 1crit, 2speed, 1balance, crit res -1.

• RyoukaiRyoukai
    Lugh chest : Well-Balanced
    Braha chest : no Well-Balance, so you'll have to go with Temporal's.

Temporal's gives 4 crit, 6 crit res, HP +80, DEF +1XX (idr), Balance -3.
    WB gives 1crit, 2speed, 1balance, crit res -1.

Oh I already meant to go Temporal. So if that's the case, then there is no difference?

Reason why I ask is because I notice a lot of people including a korean I watch runs Braha weapon feet and hands. I was hoping to do the same thing but I already have Lugh on my weapon slot, but if I could put my heavy piece on the chest then that would make it so that I don't need to make a new weapon.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 12, 2017
    Oh I already meant to go Temporal. So if that's the case, then there is no difference?

Reason why I ask is because I notice a lot of people including a korean I watch runs Braha weapon feet and hands. I was hoping to do the same thing but I already have Lugh on my weapon slot, but if I could put my heavy piece on the chest then that would make it so that I don't need to make a new weapon.

Sure, also mind Lugh can use Temporal's as well, imo going weapon/gloves/boots Braha is the most optimal as Braha weapon could still use anything, while Chest is limited to Temporal only.

And if you were wondering why gloves/boots Braha : while they don't have that big ATT bonus and are mostly DEF bonus, they still give the same amount of secondaries stats as r7 light/cloth scrolls. Reinforced gives the same secondaries as Silent, and the same for Echoing compared to Declarative. (speed/crit/balance)