[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How to finish Neamhain in style

MonohaMonoha
Vindictus Rep: 1,485
edited February 8, 2017 in General Discussion

Skip to 9:30

You got some explaining to do @Saygo @Eghess

Btw should I report a ticket about this?

Edit: Gonna keep editing till I learn how to spell
MochiSweetOrder5

Comments

• QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Um...what?! I'd be pretty mad if that happened D:
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    <video>
    Anthonytonyboy
  • TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    Other players have had similar Battle Quest Failed happen to them
    One that I found: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2782/

Completing the quest and getting a failed end screen
    Quest ends early with lots of time left, and you get a failed end screen

I've encountered both of those before, would report it as a bug report.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Tabbed wrote: »

This seems different. Here, the failure was a direct result of everyone becoming incapacitated, not from completing the mission.
    Tabbed
  • TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    Order5 wrote: »
    Tabbed wrote: »

This seems different. Here, the failure was a direct result of everyone becoming incapacitated, not from completing the mission.

Ahh, I see it now. Was sleepy when I posted my comment and failed to see that bit of detail tumblr_inline_mm67bs1SiZ1qz4rgp.png
  • MonohaMonoha
    So just got a reply from a GM from support, if this happens to anyone. Submit a ticket, sadly they can't add +1 to Redeemer bar qq.
    Tabbed
  • Dinko4TheWinDinko4TheWin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,400
    It looks like to me everyone is seeing the cinematic, and the boss is actually still killing people. Even if the UI doesn't display accurate HP bars. I have seen your shoes break during the cinematic, so boss was still attacking.
    BloodAngel
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I dunno about everyone else, but i dont see the cinematic in Neamhain, i just see everyone frozen in place while the boss is attacking.
  • Order5Order5
    As an after thought...this is probably why DEF and Crit Resist are recommended stats.

*laughs maniacally*
    *re-watches video*
    *maniacally laughs*
  • MonohaMonoha
    edited February 10, 2017
    As an after thought...this is probably why DEF and Crit Resist are recommended stats.

*laughs maniacally*
    *re-watches video*
    *maniacally laughs*
    Well only 3 people in the party had close to 15k defense (Me, Zubine, and Noemi) while everyone else is wearing light/cloth armor. Ares and Aika has the lowest defense with 10k I think. Ares has cleared Neamhain on his kai as well with 5.4k defense and only died during phase 3. Pretty much a case of we practiced so much that we nearly know what to do but lag and error of timing what mess us up qq.
  • Order5Order5
    edited February 11, 2017
    Monoha wrote: »
    Well only 3 people in the party had close to 15k defense (Me, Zubine, and Noemi) while everyone else is wearing light/cloth armor. Ares and Aika has the lowest defense with 10k I think. Ares has cleared Neamhain on his kai as well with 5.4k defense and only died during phase 3. Pretty much a case of we practiced so much that we nearly know what to do but lag and error of timing what mess us up qq.

I strictly meant to survive the cut-scene, to which I'm actually on the fence about whether or not more stats would have saved you. Even if you survived the cut-scene, the boss could still have been broken.
  • MonohaMonoha
    edited February 11, 2017
    Monoha wrote: »

I strictly meant to survive the cut-scene, to which I'm actually on the fence about whether or not more stats would have saved you. Even if you survived the cut-scene, the boss could still have been broken.

Ah yeah, this isn't the first time Neamhain was alive after cutscene but first time that actually killed us.

• RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Press "Like" If you say "WTF" when watching the video as well.
  • KingKarokKingKarok
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    Looking at it more closesly, I think I might have broken the boss. At 9:32 it looks like when I blasted the boss right before the cutscene some sort of reaction happened with a blue spark, also sounded like she was making the counterattack pose. I'm sorry if I was the cause of our failure that run T_T
  • Order5Order5
    edited February 11, 2017
    KingKarok wrote: »
    Looking at it more closesly, I think I might have broken the boss. At 9:32 it looks like when I blasted the boss right before the cutscene some sort of reaction happened with a blue spark, also sounded like she was making the counterattack pose. I'm sorry if I was the cause of our failure that run T_T
    I'm sure everyone agrees that you have nothing to apologize for or feel ashamed about. You fought and defeated Neamhain, a feat that the majority of players can't do at the moment. If the developers learned anything from Muir (which they clearly didn't), then they'd know that any additional cut-scenes or mechanics will just break the game and create a miserable experience; bosses should simply die when their HP hits zero.