[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Mail with trash loot from dungeon is not deletable

AimAndKillAimAndKill
Vindictus Rep: 1,590
in General Discussion
Dear Nexon, this is absolutely the single worst change that have been made to the game since the forced use of Nexon Launcher for non steam users. mails with items can no longer be deleted, at the state the game is at right now this could very well kill the game. Please consider undoing this change. This is such a massive step back in the game and I have not met a single person who has liked this change so far. The looting system in the game is not the greatest but it was something that was tolerable due to the ability to quickly clear the loot from the mailbox. I do not see anything positive coming from this change and for every valuable drop that on the off chance that this change will help keep it will cause a gigantic amount of frustration clearing messages from the mail.

Please consider revising or only keep this change for items that are of value such as rare drops.
DownIoad
  1. Do you like trash mail not being deletable?19 votes
    1. Yes
       37% (7 votes)
    2. No
       63% (12 votes)

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    It was obviously too hard to single out what is considered "trash". Sure the developers can just flag things as "valuable" but then you'll still have people filing tickets about all the exceptions. If you take the time to flag things as trash, then you'll also still get people filing support tickets for exceptions. Even if the developers find the miracle formula and manage to flag all the items people don't care about, that would still take a long time.

So why wait? The developers can save a lot of headache in support tickets by simply applying the fail-safe to all items. They would also be forcing people to actually get more inventory if they need it, and visit the Flovian God of Incineration as a means of quickly disposing of these items. I think of it as forcing people to recycle rather than tossing garbage into the nearest inn. Sure it sucks, but now there will be fewer support tickets about deleted items.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    edited January 19, 2017
    Ya, so while we are at it we should also make it so that gear enhanced +10 can not be deleted, heck why not also lock scrolls 9+ scrolls into the inventory after all people delete those on accident too and they should only allow them to be deleted once they expire, after all they are too valuable. Besides there is already a ranking system for what is valuable in the game, notice how all rare drops are purple until you get to 90 then they are orange, those can be locked in mail messages I don't mind that but why should, monark fin for example also be in there. And it's not too hard either to lock endgame drops into the mail, after all the goodies right now are either OJ or R8-7 scrolls.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    Besides there is already a ranking system for what is valuable in the game, notice how all rare drops are purple until you get to 90 then they are orange, those can be locked in mail messages I don't mind that but why should, monark fin for example also be in there.

That is a ranking system for rarity, not value. As for filtering, Flovian would be your best evidence since he won't allow you to incinerate certain rare drops.

It's pretty clear though that the developers made the decision to make the game more idiot-proof at the expense of a bit of convenience. Weigh it out: players losing valuable materials that takes months to get versus being able to delete a batch of unwanted materials a few minutes sooner.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Well, considering that incineration knows what "valuable" items are and gives you a warning, I don't think it would have been too difficult to properly code that. This change is ridiculously bad. Sucks because other than this and the change to Kai for no reason it's been a great QoL patch.
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    76 unread emails on my mailbox in 1 day, and this will go on cuz i'm not deleting anything with this current system.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Let's hope they fix it before we have to undertake a mail protest.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    It's a good thing I got max inventory otherwise I would have to deal with this annoying crap myself... Really it's a pain at times when you can't delete items in the mail now :/