[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I need help :X please

ZensZens
Vindictus Rep: 10,795
edited October 25, 2016 in General Discussion
i am looking to expand my Character portfolio so to speak, i have Arisha+Delia+Evie+Fiona+Vella+ and Kai+Sylas
I would like to add either a Hurk or Karok next , but im not sure which to go for , cestus punch punch seems fun but hurks "infinite attacking" Seems fun as well :X and pillars Regen sounds nifty , Who survives better overall? and damagewise please XD if pro hurks or karoks can weigh in id appreciate it , ty in advance !
SerafixdeliabaeSpearLannFTWReaperHeiTatsukixXxXFoxyNymphHinataChaaaanRikaaaaaaSilentBeautyFionaBestWaifuand 2 others.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Hurk's counter system is what gives him great amounts of damage in battle, but he cannot have true invulnerability for his dodges, so be careful not to do too much careless blockades. The Awakening mechanic allows you to increase your attack speed over time, capping at level 5. when you execute perfect counters, you will hear a SHING sound and the boss will glow orange, allowing you to hit it with counter attacks 3 or 4 times, even doing the dual strike or executioner's slash as part of the combo. Counter hits can go as high as 30K damage per hit depending on your balance and critical hit ratios.

Pillar karok is the only class that does not suffer from an attack rating limit (far as I know of), so his attacks can pretty deadly once mastered. Some pillar karoks even outweigh cross gun kais in terms of damage capability. Unfortunately his dodge does not give him true invulns in season 3, as some attacks will be reduced to 200 damage per hit. In season 1 and 2, his dodge and smashes are true invulns.

Cetsus karok doesn't deal a load of damage as opposed to pillar, but if you're interested in pvp, will leave you virtually invulnerable to other forms of attack. The weave ability can trigger even whilst attacking so time your attacks carefully for perfect weaves. Be wary that weaving will not work on some attacks. Cetsus karoks can lock-down bosses, which is good if you are interested in teamworking capabilities instead of going for the top charts. if you run low on stamina you can gain it back by simply punching the boss after weaving twice and pausing for a bit before unleashing an onslaught of punches. the LV 3 charge shot can deal a load of damage, but it will leave both you vulnerable while charging, and will overheat the cetsus for 10 seconds, preventing you from using Blast skills until it cools down. The green glowing blast will give you attack speed, and there is an sp skill that gives you all 3 blast buffs in one, making cetsus karok a virtually unstoppable steam roller.

Hope this helps out.
    DelterosSerafixBlawrgh
  • ZensZens
    ooooh so i have to choose between Pillar Karok and Hurk :thinkingface: , mmm , thank you ! is there one you would recommend for overall s1-s3 ? Please
    deliabaeSpearLannFTWTatsukixXxXFoxyNymphHinataChaaaanSilentBeautyYuriSakiSanLexxi1993
  • SerafixSerafix
    Vindictus Rep: 660
    All Karok, all the time.
  • IkarsuIkarsu

ooooh so i have to choose between Pillar Karok and Hurk :thinkingface: , mmm , thank you ! is there one you would recommend for overall s1-s3 ? Please
    In terms of solo survivability, Cetsus karok is the way to go, but Hurk and Pilllar Karok are able to solo season 3 from my experiences, and from what I seen on youtube and streams as well. Season 2 and Season 1 won't give you much trouble with all 3.

You have to know the mechanics of the character and how the boss you're facing works. There are cases of true unblockables, such as siglint's thunder where you take a hit no matter how invulnerable you think you are.

For S3 raiding, you can aim for pillar karok since he has a buff that can heal party members, along with himself to make up for the loss in the damage he takes from rolling and smashing. This buff can be used every 15 seconds, and can heal up to 2000 hp. Clashes are also vital in certain fights, like regina as an example as you can hold her down and allow other party members to deal damage.

For season 2 raids, if you know how to counter perfectly on the bosses, you can go for hurk. Additionally, you can cause an interruption when you launch the executioner's slash.

If you want to stick to just farming, cetsus is the fastest of the 3 weapons for mobility reasons, and can weave through wooden brave arrows with no trouble.

Recommended artifacts are Werewolf's paw or succubus fang. Werewolf's paw can increase your attack speed for 30 seconds, while succubus fang converts damage you deal into hp for 30 seconds.

Each has their own advantage in battle, but explaining each one would take too long as there is a character limit.
  • ZensZens
    oooh the Healing members sounds awesome O................O
    deliabaeSpearLannFTWTatsukixXxXFoxyNymphSilentBeautyYuriSakiSanLexxi1993
  • LaosduudeLaosduude
    Vindictus Rep: 3,005
    You need life alert
  • ZensZens
    so Pillar Karok is DPS+party play and hurk is dps :thinking face: Im leaning towards pillar karok now +haha
    deliabaeSpearLannFTWTatsukixXxXFoxyNymphHinataChaaaanRikaaaaaaSilentBeautyYuriSakiSanLexxi1993
  • IkarsuIkarsu

so Pillar Karok is DPS+party play and hurk is dps :thinking face: Im leaning towards pillar karok now +haha
    I wish you luck on your journey.
  • ZensZens
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

I wish you luck on your journey.
    thank you again +cool
    deliabaeSpearLannFTWTatsukixXxXFoxyNymphHinataChaaaanRikaaaaaaSilentBeautyYuriSakiSanLexxi1993
  • SEVENKNIGHTS7SEVENKNIGHTS7
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Zens wrote: »
    i am looking to expand my Character portfolio so to speak, i have Arisha+Delia+Evie+Fiona+Vella+ and Kai+Sylas
    I would like to add either a Hurk or Karok next , but im not sure which to go for , cestus punch punch seems fun but hurks "infinite attacking" Seems fun as well :X and pillars Regen sounds nifty , Who survives better overall? and damagewise please XD if pro hurks or karoks can weigh in id appreciate it , ty in advance !